Love Island Australia

Well that’s good she confirmed something that was confirmed months ago

1 Like

I wonder if they will use the same place in Fiji that the USA version was just filmed?

Love Island Australia 2019

From Monday 7 October at 8.45pm

You’ve got a text Australia! Get ready to fall in love with the hottest people on television as Cupid shoots her arrow not once, not twice, but multiple times when Love Island Australia returns for season two from Monday, October 7 at 8.45pm on Nine.

Sophie Monk returns as host, taking 10 of the most beautiful singles ever seen on Australian television to a tropical paradise to play the ultimate game of love and lust in a format that has taken the world by storm.

Last series Islanders – including Cassidy, Tayla, Erin, Millie, Grant, Eden, Josh and Mark – won over a legion of fans and got all of Australia joyfully yelling: “I got a text!”

Their rollercoaster ride starts when they enter their own private, luxury villa – having never met - in the hope of finding romance, passion and the one. The Islanders immediately ‘couple up’ and share a bed with each other, resulting in either a recipe for disaster, or a saucy dish full of sugar and spice. And don’t think for a minute our Islanders can get too comfortable – new Islanders are regularly introduced into the villa to test all the relationships.

Along with fiery dramas, icy encounters and steamy hook-ups, the Love Island Australia weather forecast predicts intense levels of flirting, gossiping and love triangles. The Islanders must also win the hearts of the public, convincing them – and themselves – that their newfound love is real.

Screening Monday to Friday, each episode will air within 24 hours of being filmed so viewers won’t miss a sneaky make-out session or a break up. With the villa housing an astonishing 60 cameras, there is nowhere for the Islanders to hide, and they have no contact with the outside world.

Make no butts about it, Love Island Australia will abs-olutely leave viewers LOL’ing and wanting to have their own holiday fling. With the British press raving about the humour in the narration of the UK series, viewers have come to love the self-mocking and ‘don’t-take-itself-too-seriously’ tone.

The comedic talents of Irish radio star and actor, Eoghan McDermott, will once again give the show the tongue-in-cheek bite it’s so famous for. Not even our camera operators will be off limits!

Competing as individuals, as a couple, or in teams, Islanders will put their perfect bodies to the test as they go head-to-head in sexy and intimate challenges that will take them anywhere from naughty arts and crafts, to messy obstacle courses and sexy contact games - revealing how well they know each other, testing their relationships and showing just how fun and physically ‘fit’ they are.

At the end of the series, the winning couple (as voted by the public) is handed a pot of money to start their new lives together, but there’s a catch: one is given the chance to share the money or walk away with it all for themselves. Were they after love or money all along?

Meet the islanders

Recent promo

2 Likes

Promo that seems to contain the full stating line up.

Looking forward to this but there is a lot of shows in the romance genre at the moment. One on each network.

It was MA How far can Love Island go? | TV Tonight

But there was nothing MA about S1 though, I actually thought it’s just M or PG

2 Likes

You are right. But there was nothing MA about it. I think they were just being safe. You should know it was your favourite show last year :wink:

This recent promo on Twitter reveals that the house is not the one used in the recent US series.

That promo also has an MA bug, showing it’ll again have content that is “strong in impact” and “not suitable for people under 15”. Also means (tv show) can’t air a second before 8:30pm or after 5:30am on any given day.

In response to @turdall, I believe it was due to the coarse language

1 Like

I forgot how bad this show was when you cringe at awkwardness. I see some (or all?) the people in the ad actually were from the show? Usually they promo models of the promo models.

The first teaser ad featured models, all subsequent ads featured the contestants.

The first episode of Love Island continued last season’s good on-line numbers with a live VPM rating of 35,000 and an on-demand VPM of 48,000 (up to 12pm AEDT today).

how far in advance do they film

It is generally the day before (like Big Brother). Last night may have been a little longer though, and the episodes following a weekend will cover a few days.

1 Like

I think the first episode was filmed Saturday. Just going by Sophie’s instagram stories