LIVE+

You’re probably right. The name very well might change, we’ll see.

1 Like

So is this a news service? A talk show service? Or what?

Listen to the podcast if you have time, it gives a very clear indication of what Rob’s intention for the service will be.

1 Like

Quick synopsis?

Basically it’ll be programmed like a regular tv channel purely focused on live programming, to start off just during prime time I think and then extending to other time slots.

Ben, Rob & Robbo moves to the platform in a 9pm timeslot, the Monsters who Murder podcast becomes a tv series and there will be a daily exercise show too.

Rob also mentioned a (nightly?) talk show, as well as a Saturday night variety show also.

It will still have On Demand available for all of their content and in principal, Ticker has agreed to provide news updates to air on the service too.

I think that about covers it hopefully.

1 Like

it will be live from 6 pm till 11 pm :smiley:

1 Like

“Live TV is dead”. The US networks have been increasing the amount of live news shows and as-live talk and entertainment news shows. In New York on weekdays:

CBS2 - 9 hours live, 7 hours as-live
NBC4 - 12 hours live, 6:30 hours as-live
ABC7 - 12 hours live, 5 hours as-live

In Australia, Seven and Nine are both live from 5:00am to 12:00pm, plus their afternoon and evening news shows. Live (and as-live) television is far from dead. In fact the growth of other entertainment options has boosted live television, particularly news and entertainment talk.

3 Likes

Not sure how much of that content I’d consider “entertainment”.

Generally people complaining that “live tv is dead” are referring to variety or reality programming, not your third hour of Kochie talking about the price of parsnips.

10 Likes

It makes sense to have more live content while people are home due to the pandemic. But like everything else that’s slowly dying so to is TV. Everything is going on demand. Spotify will be launching video podcasts soon which will change the way we watch tv online.

2 Likes

Video podcasts have been around for years, so how will it change the way we watch tv online ?

1 Like

Are they 4DTV? With smells and things coming out to grab you? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Technically they have already launched with a few podcasts offering video - Rogan’s probably the biggest of the handful. But yeah, I think you’re right about Spotify - as soon as the door opens to third party providers, I think you’re going to see a lot of news talk format TV embrace the platform.

2 Likes

I guess this will go here.

2 Likes

So it will be the Rob and Robbo show (RRshow)?

2 Likes

Benjamin Norris says he is committing himself full-time to his new podcast venture TV Reload this year.
He recently revealed, however, he had been working on a new solo podcast venture TV Reload which will aim to take listeners behind-the-scenes of some of the country’s biggest reality TV shows and feature exclusive interviews with big-name executive producers.

This prompted a number of people to question Norris’ future with McKnight’s company, he said, noting the public interest has been “really humbling”.

“I’ve made the decision to resign and will be leaving both projects to focus on some really exciting new opportunities,” Norris revealed in response to the queries on his social media accounts this afternoon, and in a statement to Radio Today.“I am grateful for the experience gained whilst working with Rob McKnight, it’s taught me a lot. I have discussed this with Rob McKnight and I am thankful he has nothing but support for my decision.

“I wish the team at McKnight Productions all the best and look forward to hearing about his new venture with LIVE+.”

1 Like

The Rob, Robbo and Leo Show??

2 Likes

Some people here will be happy that Ben is gone.

1 Like

Who and why?

Cant remember who exactly but there were a few people who really dislike him and hated he was getting opportunities.

2 Likes