LIVE+

It definitely looks interesting and is sounding good so far. Despite the fact I’m not the biggest fan of Ben, Rob + Robbo show, I will subscribe for the first month and see how we go.

Is this for Aussie audience only or will it be available world wide. I’m interested in this … but $6.95 Aussie dollars is a bit steep though .

Will TV Blacbox podcast and or TV Bingebox become a web/video cast as well on Live+?

Rob, this is such a huge endeavour and I wish you the best of luck with it! I also miss the days of true live TV and get annoyed by the amount of editing that goes into studio productions these days which ruins that ‘live’ feel.

I’ll just say, on first impression I don’t like the name at all. There are way too many channels, services etc out there already with a ‘plus’ in the title and adding another one to the mix feels too unoriginal to me. As a former promo guy I’m sure you could come up with something more creative :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am actually looking forward to this. I will definitely subscribe and they have one month to get me to resubscribe! :joy:

I like the idea of ‘anything can happen’ live TV. A daily fitness show is a great idea also. Maybe a late night talk show would be an excellent idea also (that would certainly have the ‘anything can happen’ aspect).

It does seem like it’s going to be a massive task. It’ll be VERY interesting to see how they manage to pull it off.

I agree with others re: name Live+. It doesn’t do much for me, I get the point of difference is that’s it’s live and they are trying to convey that, but it doesn’t really stand out.

Overall, looking forward to it.

It will be available worldwide.

Possibly… it depends on the rest of the schedule

That’s fair enough and the name could very well change before launch. LIVE+ is meant to indicate LIVE + ON DEMAND… and look, I agree the + has been overused, so it is a consideration

I think that;s fair enough and our aim will be to launch after plenty of rehearsals. I don;t want shows experimenting or finding their feet on air.

Late night show is an absolute option and I have already been pitched something interesting.

Looks like a good concept.

Another similar name is ProctorU Live+ which is on online proctoring service.

https://distancelearning.louisiana.edu/proctoru-live-adds-ai-effectiveness/460

The Daily Mail has now published a story.

I will definitely subscribe Rob! Very exciting!

1 Like

@blackbox Are you looking at scripted productions as well?

1 Like

Is a dedicated thread required? Maybe it’s time for a streaming services thread instead.

I thought this was the general streaming thread: https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/the-increasingly-crowded-streaming-market/

3 Likes

Great title. thanks for the heads up. I wasn’t aware we had one as people keep making new threads for every little service that pops up.

1 Like

Case by case, but given the board’s connection with Rob and his productions this was always going to warrant extra discussion.

1 Like

Paid advertisement? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good chat with @blackbox on this podcast about LIVE+

6 Likes

Great name if you never want to be found on a search engine or in the first handful of results on social media.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s not great. The service is good, the name not so much. And I don’t want to hear “it’ll rise as we get better” or “ads will put us up the top”, etc.

Yeah, it doesn’t have great search engine capabilities by such a generic title but Rob has already said the name could possibly change by launch.

They’ve secured this domain, which is okay

liveplus.tv

But this social handle is interesting

https://twitter.com/liveplusdottv?s=21

1 Like

Yeah but the “LIVE” bit, and the “PLUS/+” bit are quite generic. Don’t get me wrong, I love the name, but it will probably get lost with all the other “LIVE” this and “LIVE” that.

Not at this stage

3 Likes