LifeStyle

FOXTEL ANNOUNCES SEASON 15 COMMISSION OF SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA

Season 14 returns this Wednesday March 30 at 8.30pm

FOXTEL today announced the commission of season 15 of its most successful Original Lifestyle series Selling Houses Australia , with hosts Andrew Winter , Wendy Moore, and Dennis Scott ahead of its eagerly anticipated return this Wednesday , March 30 at 8.30pm on FOXTEL - Watch on LifeStyle or On Demand.

Produced by Warner Bros International Television Productions (WBITVP) exclusively for FOXTEL, filming of the 15th season of Selling Houses Australia commences this week and will hit our screens in 2023.

Marshall Heald, FOXTEL’s Executive Director of Entertainment said: “We’re delighted to commission a new season of Selling Houses Australia, our most successful Foxtel Original Lifestyle series which our audiences continue to love given our nations’ healthy obsession with property and its distinctive creative format.

“With its unique mix of ‘making the impossible, possible’ coupled with real estate guru Andrew Winter at the helm, we know the show will continue going from strength to strength with audiences about to also fall in love with Andrew’s new co-hosts Wendy and Dennis,” he said.

Caroline Swift, WBITVP Head of Entertainment said: “What an achievement to get to S15 of this brilliant format. Andrew, Wendy, and Dennis will continue to deliver the best property and design advice in the business with their signature humour and warmth. We start production this week tackling everything from a resort on Magnetic Island to an investment cottage in the hills of Tasmania - but we’re on the search for more homeowners who just can’t sell. With all borders now open we are looking around Australia for unsellable houses our team can renovate.”

Season 14 of Selling Houses Australia returns this Wednesday and features record-breaking firsts, as the team face some of the biggest challenges to date. From a home on the market for 12 years, to the largest suburban home ever to be tackled at an incredible 708m², the Selling Houses Australia team truly have their work cut out for them as they transform tired and challenging homes into stunning showpieces ready for sale.

Casting is underway for the Selling Houses Australia team to renovate and sell the unsellable: https://sellinghousescasting.com.au/

Selling Houses Australia returns on Wednesdays at 8.30pm from March 30 on FOXTEL. Watch on LifeStyle and On Demand.

THE REPAIR SHOP AUSTRALIA

Dean Ipaviz leads the dream team of craftspeople

Premieres from May 3 on FOXTEL

Host Dean Ipaviz leads a team of highly skilled craftspeople, who together come to the rescue of treasured possessions to be returned to their former glory on The Repair Shop Australia , which premieres Tuesdays at 8.30pm from May 3 on FOXTEL- Watch on LifeStyle or On Demand.

Everybody has something that means too much to be thrown away, and the Repair Shop team not only preserves and restores these items, but also the cherished memories they hold. From family heirlooms to loved ones’ precious items, they’re painstakingly brought back to life, repairing the connection to family and link to history, bringing past and future generations together.

Host Dean Ipaviz, a responsible builder and sustainability expert leads this ultimate dream team of repairers:

Aaron Douglas Wales - Leather craftsmen. Working in leather for over 10 years, Aaron has always enjoyed all things ‘old world’, from blacksmithing and saddle making and runs his own workshop, repairs leather items, and sells his handmade leather goods.

Andrew Markerink- Horologist. Clockmaking has been in the family since the 18th Century and Andrew’s business has primarily been focused on conservation of high quality and antique clocks and watches dating as far back as the late 1600s.

Britta de Laat - Furniture restorer. Britta runs her own business which sources old, unsought pieces of furniture and turns them into unique, truly beautiful statement objects- she loves turning someone’s trash into treasure.

Erin Keys - Jeweller. A passionate jewellery tutor, designer, and educator with 20 years’ experience with a diverse range of achievements in various facets of craft and design, Erin she runs her own jewellery school and workshops. .

Majella Beck - Metal worker. A metalworker, qualified jeweller and boilermaker by trade, Majella has been teaching for the past 20 years, with her students describing her as a “metal nerd”.

Paul Lowe- Electrical all-rounder . An electrician and teacher for the last 30 years, Paul has an undying passion for repairs, and although partially retired, runs a repair shop from his back shed.

Marshall Heald, FOXTEL’s Executive Director of Entertainment said: “FOXTEL is excited to be shining a light on untold Australian stories, unearthing new talent, and growing our investment in the lifestyle genre. The Repair Shop Australia is a heart-warming and relatable format that uses family heirlooms to tell emotional Australian stories that audiences will fall in love with. The show will also introduce Australians to an exceptional cast of talented craftspeople helping reconnect us to the magic and beauty of the real world.”

The Repair Shop Australia is produced by Warner Bros International Television Productions (WBITVP) exclusively for FOXTEL and premieres Tuesdays at 8.30pm from May 3- Watch on LifeStyle or On Demand.

Ella Rossanis wins

THE GREAT AUSTRALIAN BAKE OFF

Ella Rossanis has been crowned Australia’s Best Amateur Baker after winning over judges Maggie Beer and Matt Moran in last night’s final episode of THE GREAT AUSTRALIAN BAKE OFF on FOXTEL.

Ella, a 36-year-old mother of three under five and copywriter from Sydney, proved her baking skills were too strong for her competition- Nurman Noor , 35, a GP from Tasmania and Aaron Hawton 31, an English/Drama teacher from Melbourne.

Our final three bakers faced off in the shed in the ultimate baking showdown creating their Signature Fondant Fancies, then having to conquer Maggie Beer’s technical luscious Torte and finishing with their final Showstopper, to bake their ultimate dream home with their only limit being their imagination. Taking out five of the ten technical challenges and two star bakers throughout the season, Ella pulled out all stops in the final Showstopper challenge, baking an extravagant Gateaux Chateau princess castle inspired by her daughter.

After her win, Ella said: “My weeks away in the Bake Off shed were as wonderful as they were intense, and I loved every single second. I feel so incredibly lucky to have been in the presence of Matt and Maggie and the other 11 amazing bakers that have become my Bake Off family. They are the warmest, loveliest group of people and I learned so much from each of them. And yes, Matt and Maggie are truly as fabulous and all-knowing as they seem.”

Maggie said: “Ella is an absolute star. Her creative mind showed in every one of her bakes – always a mixture of humour and emotion. I am in awe of her ability.”

Matt said: “I am so delighted Ella has won this season she was so consistent week after week, and the showstopper last night was just … wow, one of the best bakes I have ever seen in the shed.”

The Great Australian Bake Off is a BBC Studios production in Australia for FOXTEL based on a format created by Love Productions and licensed by BBC Studios distribution. The Great Australian Bake Off is available On Demand on FOXTEL.

GRAND DESIGNS AUSTRALIA

BREAKING ALL THE RULES

SEASON 10 PREMIERES MAY 5 ON FOXTEL

HOSTED BY PETER MADDISON

Multi award-winning architect Peter Maddison is back for a 10th season of the 2021 AACTA Award winning series for Best Lifestyle program, GRAND DESIGNS AUSTRALIA, premiering Thursday, May 5 on LifeStyle and On Demand on FOXTEL.

This season is all about risk and reward, following the extraordinary lengths some brave souls will go in their quest to build some of Australia’s most remarkable homes.

Travelling from the breath-taking Snowy Mountains of NSW to Tasmania’s Chain of Lagoons; the rolling green hills of Nimbin to the hustle and bustle of inner-city Melbourne, Peter Maddison meets with passionate and creative homeowners who have found unique and clever ways to create one of a kind, high performing homes in a time of soaring property prices, environmental extremes, and even personal tragedy.

Whether it’s a spectacular Mediterranean castle, a repurposed dairy shed, a spaceship-like domed house with the world’s best view, or a Mid Century glass box, this season of GRAND DESIGNS AUSTRALIA is the most daring yet.

GRAND DESIGNS AUSTRALIA is produced by Fremantle Australia exclusively for FOXTEL.

1 Like

FOXTEL announces commission of sixth season

with new look cast

FOXTEL today announced the commission of the sixth season of the beloved baking series The Great Australian Bake Off with BBC Studios Production Australia and New Zealand. Filming will commence in Sydney in the coming month and is set to premiere on FOXTEL in 2023.

Maggie Beer and Matt Moran have made the decision, that after an incredible five seasons, it is time to step down as judges on The Great Australian Bake Off, with Maggie wanting to dedicate more time to her foundation and business and Matt focusing on many of his other commitments.

Maggie Beer said: “I have had a wonderful five seasons because of the friendship that felt like family working with Matt, Claire, Mel and our crew, and I will always be part of the Bake Off family. I have however made the decision that it is time to take a break. It has been such a privilege to help mentor the fine baking talent we have in this country, and I look forward to seeing what sweet treats are in store for this upcoming season.”

Matt Moran said: “It’s been an incredible five seasons on The Great Australian Bake Off, working alongside my dear friend Maggie and Mel, and Claire, who made me laugh every day. Thank you to all the crew and contestants over the years, you’ve become such good friends of mine. I am now excited to focus on my own restaurants and some new projects. I wish the new cast and bakers all the best.”

After much consideration, the decision has been made to recast the hosts and judges for season 6 of The Great Australian Bake Off with FOXTEL and BBC Studios Production ANZ to announce the new cast line up.

Marshall Heald, Executive Director of FOXTEL Entertainment said: “We are incredibly grateful for the contribution the Bake Off team- judges Maggie and Matt and hosts Mel Buttle and Claire Hooper have made to establish the format in this country and to help make it the success it is for FOXTEL. We look forward to sharing the new cast line-up in coming weeks ahead of production.”

The Great Australian Bake Off will see twelve hopeful amateur bakers donning their aprons and pulling out their rolling pins for 10 mouth-watering episodes, with the winner taking out the title of Australia’s best amateur baker in the iconic Bake Off shed.

The Great Australian Bake Off is a BBC Studios Production in Australia for FOXTEL based on a format created by Love Productions and licensed by BBC Studios distribution.

2 Likes

I wonder if Foxtel will be recruiting former MasterChef judges and contestants to join The Great Australian Bake Off?

Julie Goodwin a nice replacement for Maggie, warm and caring but firm judge

FOXTEL announces new judges and hosts to the shed

Rachel Khoo, Darren Purchese, Natalie Tran and Cal Wilson

FOXTEL and BBC Studios Production Australia and New Zealand are excited to welcome the new cast for The Great Australian Bake Off. World renowned culinary expert Rachel Khoo and king of the pastry world Darren Purchese are joining the Bake Off family as judges and will join new hosts Natalie Tran and Cal Wilson.

Stepping into the iconic shed for the first time, Rachel, Darren, Natalie, and Cal commence filming in Sydney this week, greeting and mentoring twelve new bakers over 10 weeks, who take on delicious challenges to test their baking prowess, creativity, and skill. This sixth season of The Great Australian Bake Off will telecast in 2023 on FOXTEL.

Wendy Moore, FOXTEL General Manager of LifeStyle said: “The Great Australian Bake Off is one the most beautiful shows on TV and is truly loved by our audience. We are so excited to welcome into the family Rachel and Darren, who are such passionate and respected bakers. They are the perfect people to continue this loved show into the future alongside our fabulous new hosts, Natalie and Cal who are ready and waiting to test every bake too!”

Kylie Washington, GM and Creative Director, BBC Studios Production ANZ, said: “We’re excited to get started filming the new series and to welcome Rachel, Darren, Natalie and Cal to the Bake Off shed. Maggie, Matt, Mel and Claire have left big shoes to fill but with our new hosts and judges and our line-up of incredible bakers, we are all set for another memorable, feel-good series.”

Rachel Khoo , a culinary creative, presenter, food writer and best-selling cookbook author joins The Great Australian Bake Off as judge. Rachel’s passion for patisserie lured her to Paris, to pursue her love of French pastries and studied at the world renowned Le Cordon Bleu, where she obtained a pastry diploma and worked on culinary projects throughout the world as an international food creative. Rachel has authored six books including, Rachel Khoo’s Sweet and Savoury Pates, Rachel Khoo’s Kitchen Notebook and her latest publication, The Little Swedish Kitchen. Rachel has starred on television programs including Rachel Khoo’s Kitchen Notebook, Rachel Khoo’s Chocolate, and as co-host on Zumbo’s Just Desserts and judge on My Kitchen Rules and Great British Menu.

Rachel Khoo said: “I am absolutely delighted to be joining the wonderful and uplifting GABO with Darren, Natalie and Cal. I cannot wait to taste all the delicious cakes the bakers make.”

Darren Purchese joins Rachel as judge, and is a world-renowned pastry chef, author and the owner and creator behind Melbourne’s popular cake and dessert business, Burch & Purchase Sweet Studio. Famous for his extravagant desserts, incredible cakes, and creations, Darren’s sweet centrepieces and showstopping desserts have been in demand at some of the country’s most prestigious events. Originally training at the Savoy Hotel in London, Darren is one of the most sought after and respected chefs working in Australia today and often appears as a judge on MasterChef Australia. Darren is an accomplished author of five cookbooks including Sweet Studio - The Art of Divine Desserts, Lamingtons & Lemon Tart, Chefs Eat Toasties Too and Chefs Eat Breakfast Too.

Natalie Tran , a comedian, actress, writer, and Australian YouTuber joins as co-host of The Great Australian Bake Off. Natalie’s observational comedy videos on YouTube have garnered over half a billion views and she was the most subscribed-to YouTuber in Australia. Outside of YouTube, Natalie has previously been a comedy correspondent on The Project, writer and correspondent on The Weekly. Natalie’s acting credits include internationally acclaimed FOXTEL/FX series Mr Inbetween, and upcoming animated series Koala Man alongside Hugh Jackman and Sarah Snook.

Cal Wilson joins Natalie as host and is a comedian, broadcaster, actress and a perennial favourite on TV shows Have You Been Paying Attention?, Spicks and Specks, Good News Week, Thank God You’re Here, Would I Lie To You?, Hughesy, We Have a Problem, The Project and the most recent season of I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here. Cal’s stand up shows are always sell-outs and as a gifted storyteller and writer, Cal secured her own special on Netflix and has been invited to join writing teams for the 2022 BAFTA Awards ceremony, series Mean Mums and The Weekly with Charlie Pickering. Cal has also become a very serious children’s author, penning two books called George and the Great Bum Stampede, and George and the Great Brain Swappery.

The Great Australian Bake Off is a BBC Studios Production in Australia for FOXTEL based on a format created by Love Productions and licensed by BBC Studios distribution. The sixth season of The Great Australian Bake Off is currently in production and set to premiere on FOXTEL in 2023.

That means Darren Purchese will be absent from the upcoming season of MasterChef Australia, but it could pave the way for Matt Moran to return to the show if he wants to (Matt hasn’t appeared on MasterChef for several years).

What the outside of the set looked like

1 Like

The documentary special will air on Foxtel’s Lifestyle Channel and via Binge at 7.30pm on Friday 30th September and on Fox Doco’s at 7.30pm on Tuesday 4th October.

1 Like

Is it moving to another network?

1 Like

The article mentions that Fremantle has been filming the new season already.

Fremantle has been filming a new season for the past three or four months – but it won’t be with Foxtel.

Fremantle is understood to be underway on two Grand Designs shows – one focused on renovations (in the hope this will be a faster turnaround proposition), the other on the new-build architect-designed projects that have always been the show’s stock-in-trade.

The production company was tight-lipped about where the show was headed and who its new host is, but industry sources suggest the ABC is almost certainly the destination. Sources at the ABC were unable to confirm or definitively deny this was the case.

1 Like

Season 15 of Selling Houses Australia starts tonight at 8.30pm AEDT.

1 Like

This week’s Gogglebox reviewed the season 10 finale (the last episode on Foxtel), the unfinished underground house at Coober Pedy for Paul’s elderly Greek parents.

1 Like

Foxtel announced the 12 contestants for season 6 of The Great Australian Bake Off this morning.

1 Like