LifeStyle

1 Like

Alan and Amanda’s Italian Job

🏡🌞 Alan and Amanda's Italian Job, premiering August 2 on Foxtel. pic.twitter.com/KzzABJPcFp

— Foxtel (@Foxtel) July 27, 2023

Melissa posted on Instagram during the week that she had been filming clips in New York City for Luxury Escapes, which would air on LifeStyle later this year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvcBfvyA1nd/

1 Like

LAURA FOO WINS THE GREAT AUSTRALIAN BAKE OFF

Laura Foo was crowned Australia’s Best Amateur Baker after winning over judges Rachel Khoo, Darren Purchese and special guest judge Maggie Beer in last night’s The Great Australian Bake Off finale.

Laura, a 26-year-old Management Consultant from Victoria, whose baking skills saw her take out the win over Ilona Nicola, a 42-year-old Health Policy Advisor from Victoria and Adam Miller, a 37-year-old Communications Manager also from Victoria.

The final three bakers faced off in the ultimate showdown creating their Signature high tea before attempting to conquer the season’s trickiest Technical a Guinea Fowl Terrine set by guest judge and Bake Off royalty, Maggie Beer. The bakers then baked their final Showstopper challenge, a 3D illusion cake.

Laura’s Showstopper bake was an incredible ‘Hawker’s Breakfast’ inspired by the food markets of Singapore where she grew up, recreating the serving counter, the cups of coffee including the plastic bag of ice and hard-boiled eggs on the side.

Along with being crowned Australia’s Best Amateur Baker Laura takes home the ultimate baker’s kitchen from SMEG after her win, Laura said: “I feel honoured to be standing beside my now lifelong friends, Adam, and Ilona, at the Grand Finale, and the win is truly the icing on the cake! I am full of gratitude for this incredible experience where I’ve learned and grown so much. I am truly humbled to be lifting the trophy this year, and just so excited to see what’s to come.

“Thank you to the amazing Darren and Rachel, gorgeous Cal and Natalie, all the fabulous Bakers, the most incredible crew who make this show as beautiful and warm as it is, and most importantly, to everyone who has watched the show, left a comment, or sent me a message. Your support has been incredible, and I feel so lucky.”

The Great Australian Bake Off is a BBC Studios production in Australia for FOXTEL based on a format created by Love Productions and licensed by BBC Studios distribution.
Laura Foo - Photo credit: Foxtel.

Surprised they’ve persisted with the show given viewership is generally pretty low.

The series will be produced by I8 Studios and will air on Foxtel LifeStyle on Tuesdays at 8.30 pm from 29th August, with an extra 10 encores across LifeStyle and LifeStyle Food each week. The show will also be available to stream on BINGE and Foxtel GO.

DYNAMIC PROPERTY DUO

ANDREW WINTER AND NEALE WHITAKER RETURN

FOR A BRAND-NEW SEASON OF LOVE IT OR LIST IT AUSTRALIA WEDNESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2023

FOXTEL today announced the highly anticipated fifth season of FOXTEL Original Love It or List It Australia hosted by real estate expert Andrew Winter and design guru Neale Whitaker will premiere on Wednesday 27 September 2023 on FOXTEL.

Winter, renowned for his extensive experience in the real estate industry brings his candid advice and valuable market insights, along with Whitaker, one of Australia’s foremost style gurus with an impeccable eye for detail and flair, will help property owners across Australia who are faced with one of life’s challenging decisions, to renovate or relocate.

This much-loved property series with its signature blend of real estate reality and design inspiration promises to bring another season filled with surprising twists and stunning transformations as homeowners negotiate their housing dilemmas. It’s one of the biggest decisions of their lives, with stakes made even higher this season as families face tough economic conditions, with soaring prices and biting interest rates.

Andrew Winter said: “We are finally back for season 5 and what a dynamic six months we have had. To be honest at the start of the season we were concerned about the market and if homeowners would see capital growth over the short term - that’s tricky in the best markets. It was not the easiest scenarios for either of us with concerns for the homeowners over capitalising and a market with literally nothing for sale. Are results predictable? Absolutely not.

“I’ve loved working on this season, what is not to like? It is just a fun format, and it is all real, real-life dilemmas, real homes, and real renovations.”

Neale Whitaker said: “It’s exciting to finally be back with a new season of Love It Or List It Australia. I may be biased, but I genuinely believe season 5 is our best yet. The world’s changed quite a bit since out last season and Andrew and I both knew we were in for a rollercoaster of tight renovation budgets, demanding deadlines and challenging property searches. Throwing unpredictable human emotions into the mix made it a white-knuckle ride. For me the result is ten very different renovations that give the homeowners bang for their buck and life-changing potential”.

Love It Or List It Australia is produced by Beyond Productions, a Banijay Company exclusively for FOXTEL. Format created by Big Coat Productions and represented by Banijay Rights.

1 Like

BBC Studios Australia General Manager and Creative Director Kylie Washington commenting on the upcoming season of The Great Australian Bake Off, the last to feature Cal Wilson before her death.

“We all went through, as a production team, what was seemingly innocent at the beginning of our shoot to, things dramatically changing in a very short amount of time.”

Production had already concluded when Wilson passed early last month, however she will appear in early episodes and is not replaced in the 2024 season.

“No, because we thought she would be coming back. We thought maybe (a later episode), maybe the finale. We were all very hopeful, because we just didn’t know what it was,” she explained.

“Natalie Tran stepped up and did a fantastic job of solo hosting, as did Darren (Purchese) and Rachel (Khoo), our judges. They all pulled together.

“Cal was such a professional…. in terms of her work ethic, and her generosity, she didn’t want to let anyone down. But she also didn’t know what was going on, herself. She’s just one of those complete professionals, saying ‘I’m just gonna get through it, just gonna soldier on.’ Our lasting memory of her is ‘I’ll just sort out this thing and I’ll be back.’”

1 Like

AUSTRALIA’S MUCH LOVED RENOVATION PROPERTY SERIES SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA RETURNS WEDNESDAY 20 MARCH 2024

SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA , a LifeStyle original returns for its 16th season with Award-winning host and real estate expert Andrew Winter, interior design expert Wendy Moore and landscape designer Dennis Scott, Wednesdays at 8.30pm from 20 March available to stream on the ‘LifeStyle’ App on Hubbl and watch on Foxtel.

With a record run of interest rate increases, crippling cost of living pressures and skyrocketing property prices, it’s never been more difficult to transform Australia’s unsellable property disasters into must-have homes.

The SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA team are never shy of a challenge, this series they take on a decrepit inner-Melbourne house - neglected for decades, a tiny timber cottage – rundown and bursting at the seams, and a Sydney house they literally need to turn back to front. Plus, not content with just the worst house on any given street, this series they’ve also taken on a beach shack, a country church and even a bus!

Andrew Winter said: ‘This season it felt like, for every home we turned up at, the home loan interest rates had gone up again, along with everything from building materials to trades and even filling up the car with fuel. Yet we must convince out homeowners to invest in change to get a sale. Not easy. As for results, this is the season for variety and surprises.’

Andrew, Wendy, and Dennis not only deliver advice and makeovers that could change these homeowner’s lives, but they also provide a wealth of real estate knowledge, design tips and money-smart style ideas that anyone can achieve in their own homes – whether they’re selling or not.

It’s the same SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA full of fresh ideas and amazing stories, but this year, the odds have never been stacked higher.

SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA is produced by Warner Bros. International Television Production Australia exclusively for Foxtel. Format devised by Ricochet and based upon a program originally produced by Ricochet for Channel 4. Format licensed by Warner Bros. International Television Production Limited.

SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA is available to stream on the ‘LifeStyle’ App on Hubbl and watch on Foxtel.

1 Like