LifeStyle

Also from TV Tonight weekly newsletter:

One producer kicking goals is BBC Studios Aus. boss Kylie Washington who has DWTS, The Weakest Link, Bake Off in the pipeline and more to come…

The replacement for Shaynna Blaze as the host of Selling Houses Australia will be Wendy Moore. Moore runs the Lifestyle channels at Foxtel and was formerly at judge on House Rules.

Source: The Australian

4 Likes

SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA

Andrew Winter joined by new presenters Wendy Moore and Dennis Scott

Production commences for 14th season

FOXTEL’s smash-hit local production, Selling Houses Australia returns to production for its 14th season for the LifeStyle channel. FOXTEL today announced Award-winning host and real estate expert Andrew Winter will be joined by new presenters, interior design expert Wendy Moore and landscape designer Dennis Scott .

Production starts next week with the Selling Houses Australia team scouring the length and breadth of Australia’s heartland, bringing their inspired ideas and expertise for interior and exterior makeovers. Whilst the property market is booming, the market is a little erratic and not every house is an easy sell, so the team are ready to start transforming homes and lives.

Wendy Moore helmed Australian Home Beautiful as editor in chief for more than 12 years, combining her expertise in interiors and design with a strength in communicating with a passionate audience. With interior design and makeover projects also under her belt, Wendy joined as a judge on Channel 7’s House Rules for seven seasons, which showcased her deep knowledge of both high-end and mainstream interiors. Wendy will bring her expertise and passion in design to those homeowners in desperate need of her help to get their house to the next level and ready for sale.

Wendy continues in her role as Group General Manager of FOXTEL’s LifeStyle Group overseeing all aspects of FOXTEL’s iconic LifeStyle brand including LifeStyle, LifeStyle HOME, LifeStyle FOOD channels and FOX ARENA.

Dennis Scott will take up his role as resident landscape expert bringing a wealth of experience in sustainability and a passion for designing functional and uniquely Australian outdoor spaces. Dennis owns Lush Landscape Solutions, a landscape company based in Brisbane which provides services on everything from landscape design and construction to property maintenance.

Dennis, a former Rugby league player, had an NRL career which spanned ten years and began in 1996 when he played for the Brisbane Broncos. Dennis joined Canterbury-Bankstown in 1999 for the next six years, then linked with Craig Bellamy and the Melbourne Storm for two seasons in 2005, 2006.

Announcing his NRL retirement following a long battle with injury, Dennis decided to focus on the long term rather than the short-term reward of having to finish the season and made the tough transition to a career after sport. Dennis undertook a mature aged carpentry apprenticeship at his friend’s construction company. It was during this time where Dennis turned his hand to landscaping, through a born necessity of offering a complete package of building and landscape. Dennis fell in love with landscaping and realised his dream of starting his own business and Lush Landscape Solutions was born.

FOXTEL’s Executive Director of Television, Brian Walsh, said: “We welcome Wendy and Dennis to the Selling Houses Australia team who will bring their wealth of expertise and their own unique personalities to our much-loved flagship series with Andrew at the helm. With people spending more time in and on their homes, Selling Houses will continue to connect and thrive with our audience after an already incredible successful 13 years.

“Selling Houses Australia joins a stellar line-up of local LifeStyle content including returning LifeStyle favourites Grand Designs Australia currently on air, and coming soon Scott Pape’s Money Movement, Love it or List It Australia, Gogglebox Australia and Find My Dream Home . As well as our new slate of Foxtel Original programming going into production Selling in the City and The Repair Shop.

Andrew Winter said: “I am actually a person that has always liked change… I mean I can’t even keep a house that long. The timeline for Selling Houses Australia has been completely thrown with everything going on in the world, and I have been waiting impatiently and can’t wait to get back out there. I am really looking forward to working with Wendy and Dennis and welcome them to the team because we are so ready to hit the road.”

Selling Houses Australia is produced by Warner Bros International Television Productions (WBITVP) exclusively for FOXTEL’s LifeStyle Channel and returns in 2022.

1 Like

Shaynna and Charlie definitely had a great on screen chemistry with Andrew after working together for so long,l will certainly miss them both.

Wendy and Dennis both seem excited about joining the show.

1 Like

Scott Pape’s Money Movement

A FOXTEL Original series with the Barefoot Investor

Starts Wednesday June 23 at 8.30pm

Join Scott Pape, aka the Barefoot Investor, on his mission to help Aussie school kids learn practical money skills when FOXTEL’s three-part documentary series, Scott Pape’s Money Movement , starts Wednesday June 23 at 8.30pm – stream on demand or watch on LifeStyle.

In mid-2019, concerned by the lack of financial literacy being taught in schools and the country’s credit card debt, Scott Pape set out to create a brand-new money education program for students. Based on his best-selling books, the “ Barefoot Money Movement ” was launched and demand was so huge that one in five Australian schools applied to be part of his pilot program.

Just as the movement was gaining momentum, disaster struck and the program was put on hold – first the Australian bushfires, where Scott detoured to offer his services as a not for profit financial counsellor, and then the global pandemic that shut down the world.

“The pandemic was a wakeup call to people right around the country that they weren’t prepared for a financial disaster. Australian’s are drowning in debt, we are some of the most heavily indebted households on the planet,” Scott said.

“After I wrote The Barefoot Investor, the number one question I got from readers was: “Why didn’t I learn this at school?” My answer was it’s time they did. After all, our kids face an uncertain future: high youth unemployment, high house prices, and in most cases a general lack of financial knowledge. My aim with the Money Movement is simple: ‘teach the kids, help the parents, change a nation.’”

Scott Pape’s Money Movement follows behind the scenes as Scott launches his financial revolution that he hopes will change the nation. Kicking off in his hometown of Ouyen in Victoria’s Mallee region, Scott trials his Money Movement in pilot schools across the country.

From Sandy Strait State School in Queensland’s Hervey Bay and Airds High School in Sydney’s south-west, to St Columba’s College in Melbourne’s Essendon and Bassendean Primary School in Perth’s north-west, Scott criss-crosses Australia to develop a school money program that’s so simple – as he says – even he could teach it.

Over the three-part series, Scott looks at the National Debt Hotline where Australians are increasingly going to manage their financial difficulties; he tackles the big banks’ existing school money programs; and he calls on politicians in his ultimate goal of getting his Money Movement program endorsed by the federal government and into our schools.

Well-known and respected by Australian audiences, Scott’s refreshingly real approach to money aims for financial control and security whatever your stage in life. A former investment advisor, his first book, The Barefoot Investor – The Only Money Guide You’ll Ever Need has recently made history as Australia’s highest-selling book ever. His follow up title, The Barefoot Investor for Families , broke the record for first-week sales of non-fiction in Australia.

Scott Pape’s Money Movement is produced by EQ Media exclusively for FOXTEL, with principal production investment from Screen Australia. The three-part FOXTEL Original will air Wednesday April 28 at 8.30pm on LifeStyle or stream on demand.

Bake Off returning to Foxtel with casting now open.

Scott Pape’s Money Movement Gains Momentum

Scott Pape — aka the Barefoot Investor — is one step closer on his mission to help Aussie kids learn practical money skills, with the New South Wales government confirming it will roll out a new financial literacy challenge across schools from next month.

As reported exclusively in today’s Sunday Telegraph, the government plans to work with the Australian Securities & Investment Commission to develop the challenge using their MoneySmart teaching and learning resources. A pilot program – the first of its kind in the country – is slated to run in NSW schools from next term.

Today’s news comes after years of lobbying by the finance guru, who has created a nation-wide campaign to teach Australian children essential money skills. His mission has been documented in the upcoming FOXTEL series Scott Pape’s Money Movement .

Scott is now urging the other state governments to follow NSW’s lead and make the program national.

“I’m super proud that NSW have already committed to launching their own program to tackle this problem,” he said.

“I’m really excited and hope that they (and the other states) incorporate the principles that my Money Movement pilot program has learnt along the way.”

Scott Pape’s Money Movement is a three-part observational documentary that follows behind the scenes as Scott develops his “Money Movement” education program and trials it in pilot schools across the country. Along the way, Scott tackles the big banks’ existing school money programs, and calls on politicians in his ultimate goal of having financial literacy added to Australia’s school curriculum.

The series premieres on Wednesday, June 23 at 8.30pm on FOXTEL’s LifeStyle or stream on demand.

THE REPAIR SHOP

Cast announced and production commence for FOXTEL’s LifeStyle channel

FOXTEL today announced production has commenced for The Repair Shop for the LifeStyle channel. Filming started in Sydney this week and cast announced for the series include host Dean Ipaviz , responsible builder and sustainability expert in his field. Dean leads a team of seven passionate and highly skilled craftspeople. Together they come to the rescue of treasured possessions which are broken or damaged and deserve to be returned to their former glory.

The Repair Shop UK is a huge hit around the world, often referred to as ‘one of the loveliest, feel-good, heart-warming shows on television’ and will now enjoy a uniquely Australian flavour for this much-loved format.

Everybody has something that means too much to them to be thrown away, and the Repair Shop team not only restores these treasured items, but also the precious memories they hold. From family heirlooms to loved ones’ treasured possessions, they’re painstakingly restored so they can be passed down to future generations.

The Repair Shop team features the ultimate dream team of craftspeople - Majella the metal worker, Aaron the leather craftsmen, Lydia the jeweller, Jen the upholster, Andrew the horologist, Britta the furniture restorer, Paul the electrical all-rounder, and Kay the stuffed toys expert.

Host Dean Ipaviz is a qualified builder, project manager and carpenter by trade and is passionate about the environment and committed to sustainability. His role as host on The Repair Shop could not be a better fit for Dean, who has a love of second-hand furniture, restoration, and upcycling. Dean runs his own building business, Verdecon, dedicated to educating people around greener building principles and helping them understand that by taking active steps to reduce their carbon footprint, they can have a significant and positive impact on the environment. Dean’s company is the first B-corp certified and Carbon Neutral residential builder in Australia. Dean’s previous television roles include co-host of Escape From The City (ABC TV), Best Houses Australia on 7two and Dream Home Ideas on The Home Channel.

Brian Walsh, Foxtel’s Executive Director of Television, said: “FOXTEL is delighted to have scored the exclusive format rights to The Repair Shop, the most successful new franchise to come out of the U.K. in recent years. It is the right show for the right time, uplifting, inspirational, entertaining, and heart-warming. Feel good television at its best!

“Along with this exciting new format we also welcome a fresh cast of passionate artisans and repair enthusiasts who we know will click with audiences of the LifeStyle channel. As with all our Lifestyle shows, our talent are the real deal, authentic, entertaining and experts in their field. Like our established hits, Gogglebox, Selling Houses Australia, Grand Designs Australia, Love It Or List It Australia and The Great Australian Bake Off , we know that Australian viewers will fall in love with The Repair Shop.”

Host Dean Ipaviz said: “I’m unbelievably excited to be involved in a show that I’ve followed (and loved) for a few years now. We’re taking a peek back into Australia’s history on some pieces and getting a bird’s eye view into how things used to be done, before mass production and the “throw away culture” that we live in today.

“I can’t wait to work with a group of artisans that live and breathe restoration and repair. For me there is something really unique about taking old items that are really precious to us as people and restoring them to their former glory. It ties into my beliefs around a circular economy and I hope it will be the impetus for others to look into the restoration of their own heirlooms.”

The Repair Shop is produced by Warner Bros International Television Productions (WBITVP) exclusively for FOXTEL’s LifeStyle Channel and premieres in 2022.

“The Repair Shop is far and away the best programme on British television”- Stephen Fry

“The kindest thing I’ve ever seen”- The Guardian

“Balm for the soul”- Radio Times

“TV that is sentimental in all the right ways”- The Independent

1 Like

TBI adds that Channel 4 in the UK and TV2 in Norway have both picked up season 3 of Love It or List It Australia, while Discovery Turkey has picked up season 1, and Talpa TV in the Netherlands have bought the first three seasons of the show.

LOVE IT OR LIST IT AUSTRALIA

Returns with Andrew Winter and Neale Whitaker

Wednesdays at 8.30pm from September 29

The wait is finally over with Real estate expert Andrew Winter and Design guru Neale Whitaker once again tasked with helping Australian homeowners with one of life’s big dilemmas – to renovate or relocate. They say home is where the heart is, but when a house is divided it calls for Love It Or List It Australia , which premieres Wednesdays at 8.30pm from September 29. Watch on LifeStyle or On Demand.

The fourth season of Love It Or List It Australia sees Andrew and Neale help ten grateful homeowners from all around Australia, all who have a variety of unique dilemmas that only our two duelling experts can resolve.

This season has it all… from a record-breaking property value profit after renovation, to the battle of Neale’s ‘Team Love It’ and Andrew’s ‘Team List It’ coming down to the wire. From floorplans requiring a compass to navigate to homes too small for a growing family, postcode envy and beachside dreams – Andrew and Neale have their work cut out for them, swaying homeowners to make the right decision… theirs!

An unexpected property boom has meant now more than ever, is the time for homeowners to face the dilemma of staying or selling…… but has this ‘boom’ made it easier for Andrew’s ‘Team List It’ or does Neale’s showstopping makeovers win over the homeowners?

Andrew Winter said: “This season for team list started off with the concern of how the market would be an added challenge, when in fact the market boomed across the whole of Australia. This makes for this season of Love It Or List It Australia very unique in real terms for our homeowners who had a fairer playground. Neale’s property reno magic turned hard work into adding to the competitiveness. There are some fantastic homeowners, great stories and oh so much delectable real estate.”

Neale Whitaker said: “Filming our fourth season during a pandemic presented obvious challenges, but I think it made us all stronger and more creative! This is easily our most exciting season yet - on every level - and I’m proud of how Andrew and I helped our homeowners around Australia to make major life changes.”

Love It Or List It Australia is produced by Beyond Productions exclusively for FOXTEL. This season of Love it or List It Australia will be available to stream On Demand on FOXTEL following its broadcast. Past seasons are available On Demand on LifeStyle and also on the LifeStyle Love It Or List It Pop- Up-Channel, available from 8am September 23 through to 8.30pm September 29, featuring episodes from the franchises around the world, and all exclusive to FOXTEL.

The Great Australian Bake Off

commences production and returns for fifth season on FOXTEL

BBC Studios Australia To Produce

FOXTEL has commissioned a fifth season of the highly anticipated series The Great Australian Bake Off with BBC Studios to produce the show for the first time in Australia for FOXTEL and the LifeStyle channel.

Culinary icon Maggie Beer and acclaimed chef Matt Moran will return to judge twelve home baking enthusiasts through a series of mouth-watering challenges. Together Maggie and Matt will test the baker’s skills and creativity as they tackle delicious desserts, cakes, biscuits, breads and pastries, in a bid to find Australia’s best baker.

Comedians Claire Hooper and Mel Buttle are also back to host the fifth season, injecting each episode with a dollop of their trademark humour.

Maggie Beer said: “How exciting that all the gang is back for Bake Off. It’s such a special show where the contestants not only dazzle me with their love of baking, but they are so open to continually learn and to help each other. It’s a real joy to be involved.”

The Great Australian Bake Off, based on an original format created by Love Productions and licensed by BBC Studios distribution, premiered on FOXTEL from 2015 for four seasons.

The fifth season has commenced filming in Sydney, to premiere in 2022, with twelve hopeful amateur bakers donning their aprons and pulling out their rolling pins for 10 mouth-watering episodes, with the winner taking out the title of Australia’s best amateur baker in the iconic Bake Off shed.

Wendy Moore, Group General Manager, LifeStyle and FOX ARENA, said: “We are delighted to announce the return of one of Australia’s most popular formats and one of our much-loved programs. The Great Australian Bake Off has to be the loveliest, feel-good competition cooking shows ever seen – with great talent, exceptional home bakers and a magical setting that we know our viewers love.

“We are excited to be investing in long-running Australian programming which is one of our great passions and we are very much looking forward to being back in production and working with BBC Studios.”

Kylie Washington, General Manager and Creative Director, Production, BBC Studios ANZ, said: “I’m excited to be producing this incredible show for Australian audiences. There’s something about the combination of cake and feel-good entertainment that has proved a winning recipe both here and around the world. We have found the next lot of talented local bakers who will amaze and inspire with their creations.”

The Great Australian Bake Off is a BBC Studios production in Australia for FOXTEL based on a format created by Love Productions and licensed by BBC Studios distribution.

The Great Australian Bake Off

Premieres Thursdays at 8.30pm from January 27 on FOXTEL

Watch on LifeStyle and available On Demand

On your marks, get set, bake! as The Great Australian Bake Off premieres Thursdays at 8.30pm from January 27 on FOXTEL . Watch on LifeStyle and On Demand.

Twelve new bakers will be donning their aprons and taking their place in the iconic Bake Off shed under the watchful eyes of national treasure and culinary icon Maggie Beer , and acclaimed chef and restaurateur Matt Moran , returning to judge their amazing creations. Comedians Claire Hooper and Mel Buttle are also back to host the fifth series with their own special blend of humour and moral support.

Together Maggie and Matt judge these twelve home baking enthusiasts through a series of mouth-watering challenges that will test the baker’s skills and creativity as they tackle delicious desserts, cakes, biscuits, breads, and pastries, in a bid to find Australia’s best baker.

Over 10 weeks, all bakers will take on 30 delicious challenges to test their baking prowess, creativity, and skill. The twelve bakers are a group of home baking enthusiasts from a 19-year-old disability worker to our 62-year-old grandmother who has lost her sense of taste and smell. The bakers range from diverse backgrounds including Zimbabwe, Laos, Afghanistan, Indonesia, and Torres Strait Islands with occupations ranging from a lawyer, Drama and English high school teacher, a Doctor, Physiology lecturer to a female retired navy vet who specialized in electronic weapons.

The Bake Off franchise began in 2010 with The Great British Bake Off , where it became a ratings phenomenon. The format has been produced locally in the US, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Poland, Ireland, Norway, Finland, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Turkey, Ukraine, and France.

Produced by BBC Studios Australia and New Zealand for the first time since they opened their Sydney production arm in 2018, The Great Australian Bake Off retains the wonderfully warm spirit of camaraderie, savvy take-home baking tips and heartfelt humour. The Great Australian Bake Off is a BBC Studios production in Australia for FOXTEL based on a format created by Love Productions and licensed by BBC Studios distribution.

In celebration of the new season of The Great Australian Bake Off, LifeStyle presents The Great Bake Off Pop-Up channel, available from January 19 at 6am through to January 27 on channel 128. The Great Bake Off Pop-Up channel, available to all residentials customers, is the destination for the Bake Off franchises from all around the world including The Great British Bake Off, The Great Canadian Bake Off, The Great Kiwi Bake Off and The Great Kenyan Bake Off.

The Great Australian Bake Off Bakers revealed

Premieres Thursdays at 8.30pm from January 27

The Great Australian Bake Off premieres Thursdays at 8.30pm from January 27 on FOXTEL . Watch on LifeStyle and On Demand.

Twelve new bakers will be donning their aprons and taking their place in the iconic Bake Off shed under the watchful eyes of judges Maggie Beer and Matt Moran and hosts Claire Hooper and Mel Buttle. Together Maggie and Matt judge the home baking enthusiasts over 10 weeks, as all the bakers will take on 30 delicious challenges to test their baking prowess, creativity, and skill.

The Great Australian Bake Off bakers are:

HAYDN ALLBUTT - Age: 46 Occupation: Scientist and Stay-At-Home Dad

HODA ALZUBAIDI- Age: 28 Occupation: Publishing Sales. Born in Iran

ASHLEY CALLAGHAN -Age: 30 Occupation: Retired Navy Veteran

AARON HAWTON- Age: 31 Occupation: High School Teacher

LIDIA MOROSIN- Age: 62 Occupation: Retail Sales. Italian heritage.

TOM MOSBY- Age: 52 Occupation: CEO. Grew up on Thursday Island.

BLESSING MUDZIKITIRI- Age: 19 Occupation: Disability Support Worker. Born in Zimbabwe

NURMAN NOOR - Age: 35 Occupation: GP. Born in Indonesia.

JAWIN RATCHAWONG- Age: 27 Occupation: Public Servant. Laos heritage

ELLA ROSSANIS- Age: 35 Occupation: Creative Copywriter

CARMEL SCASSA - Age: 48 Occupation: Document Controller. Italian heritage

NAVEID “NAV” ZARSHO- Age: 32 Occupation: Recruitment Consultant. Born in Afghanistan.

Each week the bakers start with the Signature challenge, where the bakers put their personal spin on a familiar recipe. The tricky Technical bake is next where the bakers must tackle a previously unseen recipe set by either Maggie Beer or Matt Moran. Once complete, the bakes are blind-tasted and ranked in order of their success. Finally, the all-important Showstopper, where bakers are challenged to make the most spectacular, mouth-watering creation they can possibly manage. At the end of each week, one will be crowned Star Baker, and one will leave the shed. The baker who has demonstrated the most artistry and creativity after all 30 challenges will be crowned Australia’s Best Amateur Baker!

Matt Moran said: “I am really excited about this season’s batch of bakers….certainly some of the best bakes we’ve ever seen. The techniques they were learning through the technical bakes were being put back into the showstoppers, and I know Maggie and I were very excited and humbled by that.”

The Great Australian Bake Off is a BBC Studios production in Australia for FOXTEL based on a format created by Love Productions and licensed by BBC Studios distribution.

In celebration of the new season of The Great Australian Bake Off, LifeStyle presents The Great Bake Off Pop-Up channel, available from January 19 at 6am through to January 27 on channel 128. The Great Bake Off Pop-Up channel, available to all residentials customers, is the destination for the Bake Off franchises from all around the world including The Great British Bake Off, The Great Canadian Bake Off, The Great Kiwi Bake Off and The Great Kenyan Bake Off.

Tom Mosby previously competed on season 1 of MasterChef Australia.

What’s to come on LifeStyle in 2022

FOXTEL’s LifeStyle Channel launches a massive line-up of new and returning local production favourites, with the premiere of the much-loved The Great Australian Bake Off returning for a fifth season this Thursday.

Twelve new bakers will be donning their aprons and taking their place in the iconic Bake Off shed in the hope to impress judges Maggie Beer and Matt Moran and hosts Mel Buttle and Claire Hooper, to become Australia’s Best Amateur Baker!

Each week the bakers start with the Signature challenge, putting their personal spin on a familiar recipe, take on a tricky Technical bake and finish with the all-important Showstopper, where bakers are challenged to make the most spectacular, mouth-watering creation they can possibly manage.

Matt Moran said: “I am really excited about this season’s batch of bakers…. certainly, some of the best bakes we’ve ever seen. The techniques they were learning through the technical bakes were being put back into the showstoppers, and I know Maggie and I were very excited and humbled by that.”

Season 5 of The Great Australian Bake Off premieres this Thursday, January 27 at 8:30pm on FOXTEL- watch on LifeStyle and On Demand.

Coming soon, Gogglebox Australia returns for its 15th season accompanied for the first time with the highly-anticipated Celebrity Gogglebox Australia and LifeStyle’s most loved franchise Selling Houses Australia returns for a refreshed 14th season with award-winning host and real estate expert Andrew Winter joined by new presenters, interior design expert Wendy Moore and landscape designer Dennis Scott. Also coming in 2022 – Deborah Hutton’s Find Your Dream Home and new season of the AACTA Award winning series Grand Designs Australia with Peter Maddison, only on LifeStyle.

Headlining FOXTEL’s extensive local LifeStyle offering is NEW Australian original series Selling In The City , with interior designer Rosie Morley and landscape expert Paddy Milne announced as hosts of the eagerly awaited original format. A spin off from Selling Houses Australia, Selling In The City is a millennial skewed brand that will feature amazing design, clever solutions for small spaces and the best ways to get the absolute most out of a small, urban property.

Rosie Morley is an award-winning interior designer and an industry leader with nearly 20 years of local and international experience. Based in Melbourne, Rosie Morley is principal and lead of the interiors team at architectural firm Fender Katsalidis. Paddy Milne has built up a successful landscape design business, The Scape Artist, and is gaining recognition as one of the finest landscapers in Victoria.

Wendy Moore, FOXTEL Group General Manager Lifestyle, said, “ Selling In The City will focus on the millions of urban-dwelling Australians who live in apartments, terraces and townhouses and want to renovate and transform their homes to sell and change where they live. This fresh approach takes the trusted Selling Houses brand and opens it up to a whole new audience.

“Our viewers’ passion for home-grown programming is only matched by their love of the experts who front them, so it’s important we get the casting right. After an exhaustive search, we’re delighted to have landed on this dynamic duo that bring to life the series ethos,” she said.

Also new to FOXTEL in 2022 is The Repair Shop Australia , based on the hugely popular UK format. Host Dean Ipaviz leads a team of passionate and highly skilled craftspeople who come to the rescue of treasured possessions which are broken or damaged, revealing the remarkable stories behind these family heirlooms.

SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA

Returns Wednesdays at 8.30pm from 30 March

With Andrew Winter, Wendy Moore and Dennis Scott

FOXTEL’s smash-hit local production, Selling Houses Australia returns for its 14th season on Wednesdays at 8.30pm from March 30 on FOXTEL - Watch on Lifestyle and On Demand. Award-winning host and real estate expert Andrew Winter will be joined by new presenters, interior design expert Wendy Moore and landscape designer Dennis Scott .

Australia’s property market has surged to unprecedented levels, but desperate homeowners are still struggling to sell the unsellable. It is a baptism of fire for Wendy and Dennis to transform a parade of sad and sorry homes, and with the help of Andrew to get them sold as real estate masterpieces.

“I had planned for a gentle start and to ease my colleagues into the Selling Houses team, gently guiding them through it, instead we were hit with the biggest property boom seen in decades and a pandemic that just wouldn’t go away. Wendy was home schooling between shoots and Dennis and I, being Queenslanders, were marooned away from our families for five months.

“So, the pressure was on, and I have to say the results were better than ever, as it brought the team so much closer together and made us stronger than it would have been under normal circumstances,” Andrew said.

Selling Houses Australia returns Wednesdays at 8.30pm from March 30 on FOXTEL- Watch on LifeStyle and On Demand. Selling Houses Australia is produced by Warner Bros International Television Productions (WBITVP) exclusively for FOXTEL’s LifeStyle Channel.

FIND YOUR DREAM HOME

BRAND NEW FOXTEL ORIGINAL PRODUCTION

HOSTED BY DEBORAH HUTTON
PREMIERING APRIL 6 ON FOXTEL

Style icon Deborah Hutton is back on our screens to host the inspiring new property series FIND YOUR DREAM HOME. Delving into the desire that many Australians share to find the home of their dreams, the 8-part series premieres Wednesday, April 6 on LifeStyle and On Demand on FOXTEL.

Deborah Hutton has become one of the most recognisable and best-known personalities in Australia, in FIND YOUR DREAM HOME she uses her passion for real estate, interiors and home renovations to explore the concept of what a ‘dream home’ is, speaking with the owners and architects to discover how their dream home was realised.

Each episode sees Deborah exploring a unique type of ‘dream home’, seeking out entry level, mid-range and high-end properties of a particular style.

“The way people are choosing to live these days has never been broader or more exciting. In FIND YOUR DREAM HOME we journey through these various spaces and lifestyle choices. From Off Grid to Tiny Houses, Church conversions to Pre-Fab, this series has the potential to make viewers consider their own choices when it comes to how they want to live in the future.” says Deborah Hutton.

FIND YOUR DREAM HOME is produced by Abode Entertainment exclusively for FOXTEL.

FIND YOUR DREAM HOME premieres on Wednesday, April 6 at 9.35pm AEST.

Available to watch on LifeStyle and On Demand on FOXTEL

Update:

REAL ESTATE ‘BLOOM’ BRINGS FRESH SEASON OF SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA

As demand grows for the Season 14 premiere, experts unveil the powerful parallels between dating and property buying.

In the lead up to the highly anticipated Season 14 premiere of the hit Foxtel Original series SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA on March 30 at 8.30pm , FOXTEL reveals the fascinating intersect between finding love and locking down your dream home.

As the property market blossoms, it is undeniable Australians have a growing love affair with real estate – and in the latest season of SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA, our hosts Andrew Winter , Wendy Moore and Dennis Scott tackle some of the most unsellable properties and turn them into real estate perfect matches. And with both potential buyers and sellers desperate for guidance from the experts as they navigate the struggle of the property market, psychologist and relationship expert Sabina Read reveals there are distinct similarities in what attracts us to both people and property:

“There are many powerful parallels between purchasing your dream property and the ebbs and flows of dating in the modern-day world. Being contented in a relationship or a home can represent basic human drivers including belonging, security, and love. A partner and a home often hold a mirror up to the way we want to see ourselves. Finding love and securing a place to call home can bring great emotional highs and losing or leaving them can create powerful experiences of loss too,” said Read.

SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA host and real estate guru Andrew Winter said: “There is certainly a lot to be said for the way a home makes you feel rather than just the way it looks. With property value flying off the charts, it’s important for potential buyers to be digging deeper in their decision-making processes to really find a home that’s not just right, but right for them.”

Sabina Read’s tips on how to find a love match with the right partner - and home:

• Trust your gut: If you get the sense something isn’t right, it probably isn’t. An unsupportive partner won’t necessarily transform because you love them madly, and a home with an unstable foundation or incessant traffic noise won’t readily change just because you style it with passion and endless throw rugs.

• Bring compassion and realism to your expectations: Seeking perfection will lead to disappointment and can fuel a tiring, futile and endless search for a person or home to complete us.

• Play the long game : When the rush of the oxytocin love bubble takes over, we are blinded by love, making it hard to see any flaws or red flags. Only fools rush in, so take your time, date in a variety of settings, spend time with your new beau in the company of people who you love and trust. And in the case of house hunting, sit in the prospective abode, observe neighbours, watch where the light falls, and explore the local neighbourhood.

• Make it your own : Relationship dynamics and ways of living are heavily influenced by our parents’ beliefs and behaviours. Create a relationship and a place to call home that reflects the way you want to show up in the world today, not necessarily the way you did as a child.

• Be authentic with yourself and with others: While buyers strive to put their best foot forward, people-pleasing or hunting for real estate in a fancy suburb that’s beyond our budget will only do us a disservice in the long run. Like dating, when house-hunting we can be drawn into putting energy into being someone we think others want us to be, rather than tapping into who we really are.

• Let go of rigid thought processes : Keep an open mind. It’s time to forget the notion there’s only one true soul mate or home that constitutes a perfect match for you.

In the newest season of SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA, award-winning host and real estate expert Andrew Winter will be joined by new presenters, interior design expert Wendy Moore and landscape designer Dennis Scott as they help desperate homeowners sell the unsellable. In a baptism of fire, Wendy and Dennis transform a parade of sad and sorry homes, and with the help of Andrew, get them sold as real estate masterpieces.

SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA returns Wednesdays at 8.30pm from March 30 on FOXTEL

Top three bakers revealed

THE GREAT AUSTRALIAN BAKE OFF

Grand Finale airs next Thursday, March 31 at 8:30pm on FOXTEL

The Great Australian Bake Off revealed the final three bakers in last night’s episode after nine weeks of kneading, dicing, and icing in the Bake Off Shed. The top trio - Aaron Hawton , Ella Rossanis and Nurman Noor will bake off as they head into the grand finale next Thursday March 31 at 8.30pm on FOXTEL.

Aaron Hawton (31) An English/Drama teacher and rugby player for the Melbourne Chargers, Melbourne’s gay and inclusive rugby team, Aaron fell in love with baking as a boy while spending time with his nan in the kitchen. Aaron really took up baking as a teenager and is described as a baking all-rounder.

Ella Rossanis (36) Perth born, and Sydney based, Ella is a creative copywriter and mum of three. Ella is used to cooking under time pressure and tries to make all of her bakes spectacular and creative to the core. In the Shed, Ella has been known for illusion baking inspired by her children.

Nurman Noor (35) A GP, born in Indonesia and now calls Tasmania home, Nurman started baking at age eight and rediscovered his love of baking during his first year of medical school. Nurman sees baking as his creative outlet and is never without his trademark hat - you know things are getting serious when he takes it off.

The Great Australian Bake Off commenced nine weeks ago with 12 passionate home bakers stepping into the iconic Bake Off Shed, hoping they had the baking brilliance to go all the way. Each week, judges Maggie Beer and Matt Moran and hosts Claire Hooper and Mel Buttle farewelled one baker until just three were left.

Maggie Beer said: “I have loved seeing them grow and blossom as bakers and I am so thrilled with our final three.”

Matt Moran said: “Out of all the finals we have done, it is so even, and we have three fantastic bakers, all have won star baker twice, but only one of them can win and it is a very even keel.”

Having tackled French, bread, biscuit and cake weeks to name a few and having survived Matt and Maggie’s technical challenges every week, Aaron, Ella and Nurman will have to pull out all their baking skills to take it to the next level with their three final bakes in next week’s grand finale.

The Great Australian Bake Off is a BBC Studios production in Australia for FOXTEL based on a format created by Love Productions and licensed by BBC Studios distribution. The Great Australian Bake Off grand finale, next Thursday March 31 at 8.30pm on FOXTEL - Watch on LifeStyle or On Demand.