Liberal Leadership Spill - Coverage Discussion

Oh Sharri Markson, you’ll never be allowed on Channel 9 again. Stop embarrassing yourself.

3 Likes

Karl certainly enjoyed his popcorn.

3 Likes

that was as Shorten would say “rolled gold”

Savaged tonight? Nah, Nine will get Sharri on to have a crack now (she did).

Ohh I stepped out of the office. Has any one got it. I can’t stand her.

1 Like

I don’t sorry, I’m sure someone does.

It was something to do with a comment Ulhman made about News Corps suggestion of the PM standing down a few weeks ago. Sharri was making out as if she was insulted as she thought he was only referring to the Daily Telegraph (where she is ‘Polticial Editor’). They crossed back to Chris to give his say, where he went back and explained he was talking about News Corp as a whole and not just reports by Markson. She stumbled, didn’t really know what to say, Georgie ended up ending the interview.

She seems to have no gravitas whatsoever in a political journalism role. Should go back to the shoddy undercover journalism she did in the UK or Cleo.

1 Like

Nine again using Ross Greenwood as a political commentator.

1 Like

Just saw it on Twitter.

She is barely coherent. I am surprised she can even write an article. Her commentary was like watching an episode of the Bolt report.

Here is the tweet.

I suspect our breakfast presenters are in for a marathon broadcast today.

Starting to like Uhlmann now

2 Likes

Have 9 always used Ross Greenwood in their political stuff? Comes across reasonably well. Could do with more of him, Karl and Georgie and less of Uhlmann and Miranda Devine.

1 Like

Looks like Sunrise is tapping out in terms of coverage

Seven running news. I’ve found the Sunrise coverage the best of all networks this morning. Top marks to ‘Riles’ who has been ahead of the rest with inside info and insight.

5 Likes

What is with Seven News’ resurgence lately? It’s really good to see.

1 Like

Two things - Nine sticking with Today graphics looks ridiculous. Flick the switch to Nine News.

Also, it’s about time Seven and Nine actually invest in their Parliament House studios and put in better cameras and something more than a dodgy key (to Nine’s credit, the key they have been using today with the lake and flag poles is nice, if should just be on a proper display).

1 Like

Just watched the first 15min of what looks like an early special presentation of the Morning News with Ann Sanders, told me what I needed to know.

Found it difficult following online and catch up videos from the morning as it was bits and pieces and opinions from journalists and MPs.

3 Likes

Seven News restarted at 11:30

1 Like