Liberal Leadership Spill - Coverage Discussion

Nine “Morning News” starts at midday

Seven going to midday movie.

2 Likes

That vile Rita Panahi tweeting in reply to Chris U.

Studio 10 continuing past midday.

2 Likes

Holy S___T

The N word, WOW

This certainly isn’t an excuse for his use of the phrase, but I believe Alan Jones has casually used that phrase on his radio show before.

Either way, both him and Ray Hadley are f***wits IMO!

2 Likes

Studio 10 finishes show/coverage at 12:30

2 Likes

If we bring back the Media Spy Awards, this gets my nomination from Most Surprising Swearing

6 Likes

Press conference with Turnbull at 1pm.

@SydneyCityTV showing his wild side. I like it.

7 Likes

More vile commentary. Devine is pathetic. She is one of these News Corp meddlers.

2 Likes

4 Likes

just switched on to ten what’s with Joe hildebrand trying to crack jokes to Sandra when she’s treating this as a serious affair.

like this aint studio 10, It’s the big league

8 Likes

Seems Nine are still in bed with these News Corp commentators including Miranda Devine and Sharri Markson. At least Uhlmann has added some balance to Nine’s coverage

1 Like

He will never have a prime time program if he behaves like that

Maybe he didn’t realise that Sully (Sandra not our ex movie guy) was sitting beside him rather than Ten’s gossip reporter.

3 Likes

Some of the graphics used

3 Likes

Ex? In name only. :wink:

2 Likes

Gareth Hutcheons from the Guradian on Andrew Bolt:

Andrew Bolt , the late night Sky News commentator and keen promoter of the Anyone-But-Turnbull camp , had just had a hernia live on air.

He’s furious Turnbull is fighting back.

Firstly, he’s angry that Turnbull is demanding to see a petition with 43 names before he convenes a special party-room meeting tomorrow.

“He made up that rule. There is no such rule. Absolutely none,” Bolt says.

Secondly, he’s angry that Turnbull has asked the solicitor-general to consider whether Peter Dutton is eligible to sit in parliament.

“Again, this is him trying to kill off Peter Dutton’s challenge. The only way that Peter Dutton goes to the high court is if there parliament refers him.”

Thirdly, he doesn’t like that Turnbull’s digging his heels so that Scott Morrison gets time to challenge Dutton properly with serious numbers.

“Malcolm Turnbull, the most left-wing leader of the Liberal Party for, I don’t know when, is trying to stop the Liberal Party from returning to its roots.

“It’s an utterly, utterly selfish and narcissistic move. His leadership is completely destroyed and he doesn’t care. He is staying on for as long as he can until he can nominate his preferred successor.

“I think it is a disaster. I have never seen such a selfish, damaging, suicidal kind of move from a man who’s only focus since the day he become prime minister was on himself.”

Bolt then reminded viewers that he wasn’t a member of the Liberal Party.

:joy:

1 Like

Who let Bolt on Sky News by day??