Liberal Leadership Spill - Coverage Discussion

The Daily Telegraph is reporting that Peter Dutton’s supporters failed to stage a fresh challenge against Malcolm Turnbull

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/peter-duttons-supporters-failed-to-stage-a-fresh-challenge-against-prime-minister-malcolm-turnbull/news-story/1e664824847009308f03d630db8f9287

Fuck who is that woman on Sky right now? Clearly only allowed out after dark.

Edit - the younger reporter isn’t much better.

Double edit - WHY AM I WATCHING THIS?!?!

Some of the updates/breaking news/news flashes seen on commercial TV tonight.

3 Likes

Nice to see the female newsreader on The Today Show (saw a vid on FB earlier) utilise laptop and phone for breaking news, though it does push limits of on-air professionalism and to a degree which networks (all of them do it) would be careful. Off-air for sure all you like, good prep and research, adds personal touch to what the director isn’t yelling in your ear and autocue.

Does she have a name?

2 Likes

Seven’s news that meeting in PM office is telling Turnbull he no longer has support of party.

1 Like
5 Likes

Lol

7 Likes

Lara Vella

1 Like

Chris Uhlmunn is absolutely correct. His serve on Today is brilliant. He has called them out. Finally someone saying this about Sky News after Dark. My advice to Speers and Gilbert would be to get out of that toxic organisation whilst you still have credibility.

He will get savaged by Sky tonight. Paul Murray will be a condescending prick tonight.

7 Likes

I wonder if Ten will try another instalment of Disgrace!, focusing on the current events of the Liberal Party leadership

@killy06 Exactly!

1 Like

Isn’t he like that every night. :rofl:

Even more so. Tune in for the first 5 mins to see a meltdown. He will go hard against Uhlmunn

1 Like

Ten Daily actually running live coverage. Interesting they’re becoming a full fledged news site.

1 Like

I imagine there is a few presenters on their way to Canberra now.

Lachlan Kennedy is already in Canberra.

Perhaps Ten will double header in a few cities/nationally tonight if a spill goes ahead.

3 Likes

CBS Ten would be loving this as its mortal enemy News Corp are shooting themselves in the foot.

Gavin Morris from NBN News has his say on the whole situation. https://www.facebook.com/gavinmorrisweather/videos/210834513121516/