Letters and Numbers

“The Beast” Mark Labbett seems keen to play:

Premieres Saturday 2 October 7:35pm.

3 Likes

Random question but is this filmed in the same studio that the original Letters and Numbers was filmed in?

Not sure where this is filmed, but the original was done at Ripponlea, so that wouldn’t be possible now.

2 Likes

Episode 1: Suren Jayemanne, Jennifer Wong, Merrick Watts and special Dictionary Corner guest Bridie Connell.

1 Like

Apart from Merrick, I’ve never heard of those “celebrities” in my life.

2 Likes

Because they’re not MAFS contestants. Obviously. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do you know them?

I don’t recognise the names but I have seen Suren Jayemanne’s stand-up before. Chances are these guys were chosen for their abilities to play the games more than their fame. I’m sure many of those who appeared on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown weren’t hugely well known before appearing on that show either.

I’m quite sure they will do better than MAFS or Love Island contestants.

1 Like

What’s with the reality television show references? As if contestants from those shows would ever be considered for this.

Jennifer Wong hosted documentary Chopsticks or Fork (about Chinese restaurants in regional towns in Australia) for ABC iView and ABC Australia satellite channel.

Exactly but that’s what passes for “celebrity” these days so why not lesser known writer/comedians?

1 Like

Exactly? So why did you reference them twice in connection to this program?

I guess the term “celebrity” is relative.

Because people defend their right to celebrity status but then question these people who actually have a talent.

In those pics above the desk look super long, guess it has to be with social distancing.

Those people are comedians, “celebrity” is a loose term, but they ARE performers, which is what is required for it to be entertaining and funny. But it’s Sydney-made. so “comedy” is a loose term too.

1 Like

My god, some of these “jokes” at the start of the show are terrible.

Most amusing part thus far was the fact that nobody got the answer on the first numbers round.

Jokes are quite cheesy so far.

So far so good. They didn’t show us how the contestants working out for the first numbers round (both were 1 away from the answer). But host Michael Hing did tell us how he got to the correct number :slight_smile:

Is it just a coincidence that the letters p, e, n, i and s appear in the same letter round in the first episode of the series? And the contestants make suggestive jokes afterwards? :thinking:

3 Likes