KIIS Network

Wonder who’s responsible for picking that up in editing?

Sophie Monk & Matty Acton are returning with The Fling across Sydney and Melbourne.
The show will cover Kyle & Jackie O and Matt & Meshel during the non-rating period from June 27 until July 8.

1 Like

Starting from this Sunday 12th June, KIIS in Sydney & Melbourne will air The Voice Radio Show at 5-6pm Sundays for 5 weeks, coinciding with the launch of The Voice’s live performance shows.

Source: Radioinfo

Since last weekend KIIS had been posting teaser tweets about something related to The Voice, with photos of Delta Goodrem and the Madden brothers. I thought it would either be a listener competition or a radio simulcast of the live shows. Turns out it’s neither. The concept of The Voice radio show on KIIS is similar to Radio X Factor on Nova last two years.

More like ‘similar’ to The Voice radio show on Nova.

Sophie Monk and Matt Acton returns to KIIS today to host national breakfast for the next two weeks while regular hosts are on holidays. Sophie and Matt hosted Summer Fling six months ago, the bosses must have been so impressed that they asked the duo to return.

1 Like

No they are doing breakfast

?

Original post was edited

ah, that explains it then!

Sorry I forgot to say I edited the post. Thanks to David for pointing the error.

Simon Baggs has left KIIS 1011.

Leaving a sinking ship

2 Likes

According to Radioinfo, former Olympic swimmer Elka Whalan (nee Graham) will join the ARN news team as a commentator during the Rio Olympic Games next month.

Do you think ARN would try networking Kyle & Jackie O into Melbourne? Perhaps for one survey to see how it went? Especially if Matt & Meshel don’t pick up by end of 2016.

I’d say it would never work because Kyle and Jackie O won’t resonate well with the Melbourne audience… but then again, neither is anything else KIIS is doing.
I think the biggest factor that would stop this happening is that the show would need to become less Sydney-centric which would be damaging in their number 1 market.

How Sydney centric is K&J at the moment?

Thought I’d check out today’s podcast to answer this question.
So far, questionable topic’s they’ve talked about are:

• Drifting in the rain
  • Which of their assistants is the most stupid
  • Their road rage habits
  • Jackie’s husband’s penis size

In response to your question, they’ve regularly talked about the weather and traffic and Sydney this morning, but other than that the content is pretty universal.

On a side note, it also seems that every time I listen to something from K&J they manage to find a way to have a go at 2Day FM. It’s common knowledge that K&J leaving 2Day wasn’t an amicable situation, but it Kyle must have a pretty big grudge if 2.5 years later he still feels the need to belittle the station that made him and is now rating half of what KIIS is (and about a third during breakfast!)

2 Likes

Their constant on-air antics on the topic, usually driven by Kyle I might add show just how bitter they still are with 2dayfm.

The example the other week with them calling Nova’s switchboard to try to speak to Matt de Groot to get to the bottom of some supposed flippant remark he made about the quality of KIIS newsreaders at some radio school and the subsequent name dropping of station executives just shows how childish they are.

It’s no wonder anyone listens to them at all anymore

Another one bites the dust…

Krystal Keller is finishing up on KIIS 1011 today and headed to The Project as a news producer.