KIIS Network

According to Radio Today, Sophie Monk has joined KIIS and will work on commercial projects and integrations with brands, advertisers and agencies across the KIIS network as well as being a regular on 3PM Pick Up. She last co-hosted Summer Fling on KIIS with Matty Acton in December last year.

1 Like

I love Sophie Monk. She’s a celebrity, a natural, a bogan and quite brash. Sophie is almost the male version of Kyle in the way that she speaks before she thinks. She also appeals to 15 year olds, 28 year olds and 51 year olds.

If 2DayFM had teamed Sophie with the right person on the breakfast shift two years ago the station would not be sitting on a 3 share at breakfast in 2016. Unfortunately they teamed her with a bunch of characters that overshadowed Sophie and her talents (especially Merrick whose main contribution was to scream out loud laughing every three seconds).

Looks like in 2016 ARN have snagged some more talent and SCA have grabbed Rove.

Just remember I can be poison… (Sorry, couldn’t resist).

2 Likes

6 new studios for 96FM Perth? Would this mean it could handle a 2nd station in the same new premises?

cough Pure Gold 6iX

Unlikely, since 6iX have only recently moved out of Hay street into their own new studios about 12 months ago.
This is more about being future proof and saving potential effort required later on… if they intend on growing the station 6 studios will get taken up pretty easily with a setup of say 2 on-air studios, a news booth and then 3 for production and remote talent purposes. Realistically that’s the minimum required for metro station. - In comparision, the new SCA Adelaide build has 11 studios (2 on-air and 1 news per brand, plus 3 production and 2 remote talent).

Also of note is that they have not relocated, opting to stay in the Fairfax building down the dead end of Hay Street - but then again ARN aren’t as into glitzy offices as some of their competitors.

Panels are Axia Fusion.

Links:

http://www.96fm.com.au/shows/carmen-fitzi/station-launch

That looks like a Telos Fusion in the Radio Today article photo.

My mistake, they are indeed Axia (Telos) Fusion panels.

Kyle and Jackie O buying ‘friends’
EXCLUSIVE: Billed as ‘breakfast with the stars’, Sydney’s top rating FM breakfast duo Kyle and Jackie O are more than happy to put their hand in their pocket when it comes to securing talent to edge out their rivals.

Billed as ‘breakfast with the stars’, Sydney’s top rating FM breakfast show are happy to put their hand in their pocket when it comes to securing talent to edge out their rivals.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the KIIS duo and their team frequently spend tens of thousands of dollars to maintain their market lead by buying interviews for celebrities including Carmen Electra, Scott Disick, Kris Jenner, Kelly Osbourne and Giuliana Rancic.

The juicier the interview, the more money KIIS is willing to pay. “When celebrities aren’t doing promotional interviews … the Kyle and Jackie O show know that their listeners would still like to hear an interview,” a spokesperson for the pair said. “There are times outside of a promo scheduled period when certain celebrities may ask for some form of consideration for their time.”

Rival station Southern Cross Austereo said it was not common practice to pay for interviews but conceded it would consider paying on a “case by case basis”. While a spokesperson for Nova Entertainment said, “NOVA Entertainment wouldn’t comment other than to say it is not something they look to do.”

One well-placed industry source said: “They basically pay for the interviews for exclusivity but they also consider it a marketing exercise because they get their money back many times over by other mainly online news sites promoting their interviews. “They don’t necessarily have the biggest reach of all mediums but they have big voice and an opportunity to amplify that through other media. “They have a publicist sending out quotes from every story they do as they’re looking for a headline in every interview.”

Carmen Electra was a recent example, for which the duo is believed to have paid more than $10,000 for exclusive access to the American in order to have her talk about Shane Warne’s crush on her. “Who would normally care about Carmen Electra?” another industry executive said. “But they got Channel 10 to promote it heavily and won a huge amount of PR as a result.” The practice is an insight into new radio marketing strategies in a cutthroat market.

So important is the exclusive interview content that Kyle and Jackie O have a designated agent booking talent out of Los Angeles. “They will get Kris Jenner exclusively for something like $40,000 then no one else in Australia gets the interview,” an agent said.

“They make out they get the interviews because they are friends with the celebs, but the truth is it is because they have a cheque book open and other people don’t. “They don’t have a show if they have no celebrities to fall back on. “Their problem is that the same manager or management company often represents a whole bunch of different talent so they pay one person and everyone else expects to be paid, even when they are just doing basic promotion. “They are shooting themselves in the foot because they have to fork out wads of cash for interview after interview.”

The Daily Telegraph

so?

They make out like these people are their “friends” but they obviously have to pay to have mates. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think they make it look like they are friends. Anyway non story, obviously they pay for interviews. Doesn’t everyone?

Well, no, according to the article. From what I’ve heard, they certainly do make out like these people are their “friends” but this article shows they are “buying friends”.

I’m incredibly shocked that Kyle & Jackie O/KIIS FM are paying guests to appear on their radio show…not really.

Parramatta skipper Kieran Foran is taking legal action against radio station KIIS over claims he is not the father of his second child.

From Brisbane Times

Jackie O apologised to Foran at the start of Kyle & Jackie O show this morning:

“We were talking about Kieran Foran from the Parramatta Eels… and I gave voice to a really ugly rumour and I just wanted to apologise for that.”
"It was stupid to say what I said and it was really insensitive… I feel really terrible I really do. “Despite what some people might think it’s not what I’m about in radio. I am very sorry for any harm that I’ve caused.”

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:55, topic:68”]
Jackie O apologised to Foran at the start of Kyle & Jackie O show this morning:[/quote]
What a scumbag she was for spreading lies and gossip, in the first place. She’s been hanging around Sandilands for too long. Have completely lost any respect for her.

The Gotcha Call returns on KIIS 101.1.
http://www.kiis1011.com.au/shows/matt-meshel/the-gotcha-call-on-kiis

‘So… What if we brought in content that was funny 10 years ago… That will work, right? What the hell else are doing to do?’

1 Like

Radio Today has the audio of the first (new) call. It’s pretty safe, at least for now - good to see an old character return though!

It was a great call. Can’t mention the milk company but can mention a product that said company makes that no other company calls their milk. Zymil.