KIIS Network

Who’s going to read the news at KIIS1011 breakfast then?

Maria Blampied? Even Clare Todhunter from ARN Sydney?

who’s going to listen? :wink:

ARN have re-signed Kyle & Jackie O for a new 5-year deal.

More: http://www.radiotoday.com.au/news/whats-new/9380-arn-re-sign-kyle-jackie-o.html

That story will bring tears to the eyes of the management of 2DayFM. It looks like we are going to see four breakfast shows in four years at 2DayFM.

Or who knows… Do K&J have enough in them for another 5yrs?

The radio landscape is surely going to look very different by that stage. Who really knows who’ll be no.1?

Amy Harris has always been a cheerleader for K&J… believe about 20% of her articles and you’ll be right.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports the deal is worth a total $40 million over 5 years

Would be so funny if someone came along and started regularly beating them in the ratings. Probably won’t happen but would be funny.

1 Like

Turned on KIIS at 9:15am this expecting to still hear Kyle and Jackie O but they were already into the non stop hits. New deal also gets them to finish at 9am now? I love how they are on closer to 10am!

As I guessed, Clare Todhunter is the new Matt & Meshel newsreader at KIIS 1011.

1 Like

Herald Sun (paywall) reports that Melbourne radio bosses are preparing for Kyle and Jackie O broadcasting live into the city next year. But I am not sure if their program will work here.

The only thing they’d get out of such a deal is saving cash. Swap Matt Tilley and Lehmo between KIIS and Gold, I have a feeling it’d work better on both counts.

Once you factor in the cost saving it couldn’t possibly work out worse than their current dismal offering.

If Kyle & Jackie O actually does air on KIIS 101.1 next year, hopefully there’s listener outrage locally and such a move tanks big time in the ratings.

You guys in Melbourne deserve a high quality local breakfast show from KIIS, not K&JO piped down the line from Sydney.

3 Likes

Thanks @SydneyCityTV :stuck_out_tongue:
Certain prefer Matt’s Gotcha Calls to K&JO

Interesting to view the reader comments in reply to a Radio Today article about Barry Drinkwater, 97.3’s PD since it began.

Lots of glass jaws at ARN who are defending the station’s small margin wins and Bradbury-esque style rise to #1.

It was this first comment that set them off:

“I don’t want to be too negative but in my opinion 97.3 should do a lot
better than it actually does. It took an eternity for 97.3 to
consistently top the ratings in Brisbane when it should have dominated
immediately - based on the fact that at the time it was the only ‘local’
FM that wasn’t targeting under 35s. Instead it hit the airwaves with
the most insipid and repetitive/safe playlist and struggled to overtake
the incumbents. It was only after Nova went to air that it managed to
scrape to the top of the ratings and none of it’s wins have ever been as
convincing as 94.5 in Perth or even Mix 102.3 in Adelaide.…”

1 Like

Kyle Sandilands interviewed Roxy Jacenko. He can’t help himself.

[quote]But she batted back Sandilands question about whether she would be making a conjugal visit to Curtis, saying, “It’s not something that even crossed my mind”.

Conjugal visits, custodial visits during which an inmate and visitor are permitted to have intercourse, are not permitted in the NSW prison system.[/quote]

Is it legal for a hit music station to play Keith Urban’s new song “The Fighter” and Justin Timberlake’s “Can’t Stop the Feeling” back to back?

I was at the gym and nearly closed my eyes and started dancing.

Thanks goodness it was followed by an ad break.

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand your point?