KIIS Network

Must have picked up the Kiwi twang in three years over there. He didn’t sound like thst back in his Nova days. No worries he’ll probably need it again when he goes back to NZ soon.

I think you mean B105 days. Labby, Stav and Abby

Do you mean 2Day or B105? Or you thinking of someone else…?

Sounds pretty similar to me…

(PS no way that kind of commercial would fly these days!!)

I think you’re only saying that because PJ’s accent is very pronounced. If he was with another Aussie, no-one would be questioning it.

I really don’t have an issue with accents on the radio necessarily (I find Greg Burns to be grating much apart from his accent) - I regularly listen to US and UK radio. We used to have Ryan Seacrest and Nights with Alice Cooper and all sorts of stuff all over our radio and no-one ever complained about having non-Australian accents on the radio…

I think sometimes we just like to complain…

2 Likes

No, I’m not in Brisbane. I mean when he was Labrat doing nights. I thought it was on Nova but maybe it was 2Day.

I’m pretty disappointed with Will and Woody’s first show. It was awkward, and sounded very unplanned. They wasted the first 30 minutes of the show trying to find a “daily sponsor” - a segment which they previously ran on their weekend show, and I think Hamish and Andy did once too!

Will stumbled through another segment with about 10 “umm’s”. Later in the show they had a segment about getting revenge on a group of guys who annoyed Woody. I had to get out of the car for about 20 mins, and when I got back in they were still saying the same stuff, so much so that I though they were playing “highlights” of earlier.

Either KIIS have seriously quashed their talent and ideas, or Heidi did a remarkable job holding them up for the past 4 years. I would definitely have expected a better show for a duo with 4 years metro experience.

5 Likes

I heard this. Seemed to be a weird push to the ‘socials’ - ‘give us suggestions on Facebook’.

To be honest, it feels like they need an anchor. Someone to keep the show moving along. They need a Tim Blackwell or a Byrone Cooke or an Ed Kaverlee or a Dan Anstey or Gawnedy…

Just like Kate Ritchie and Marty Sheargold wouldn’t really work anywhere near as well without Tim Blackwell, I think these guys need someone to push the show along…

Who’s their producer? Did they come over with them from Perth…? Surely there was more prep for their breakfast show…?

I see that Jase is also paneling the show (like he did at ZM). This would be a rare occurrence in Melbourne breakfast radio not having a seperate ‘anchor’ in recent years wouldn’t it?

Fox have had an anchor since at least the Tracey Bartram & Matt Tilley days if I remember correctly. Nova have had an anchor or panel op on breakfast at the very least since their inception. Matt & Meshel had a panel op and I assume Chrissie & Jane had a panel op (can’t remember who was on before them nor who was on in the TT days…)

To be honest, radio teams without separate anchors or panel ops are fairly rare in Australian metro radio full stop…

I can think of Kyle & Jackie O, Kate Tim & Marty, Jase & PJ… who else…?

KIIS is a one-trick pony in that regard. ARN have seemingly thought that since the ‘strategy’ worked with Kyle & Jackie O, it would always work when they’ve been proven wrong time and time again

5 Likes

Stav, Abby & Matt - Matty Acton does all panel ops.

What about Amos, Cat & Angus in Adelaide

• pretty sure Angus used to do all the panel ops when he was doing his night show.

Definitely no threat to H&K and KT&M.

The guys even mentioned 13 10 60. Obviously proving the 13 1065 strategy doubles up to confuse listeners as to which station they’re listening to.

I doubt ARN will have patience for this show. Let’s not forget their new strategy of buying chemistry rather than developing it.

And why did W&W act so awkward? Was it just their first drive show? Sounded more like their first radio show.

Since the start of last year, anchor Byron Cooke has been named in the show title, and particularly since Dave Thornton left, fills more than just the role of anchor.

From what I’ve seen on social media, Angus does he buttons.

A rehearsal video on Will & Woody’s social media suggests they do have a button pusher, he must just be a silent third party.

Yes, he does.

correct. Apparently his name is Muzz.

1 Like

First thoughts on Will & Woody - very poor.

I couldn’t tell the difference between them, its easy with Male duo’s when there is differing sense of humor, like Hamish & Andy or Fitzy & Wippa

Listening in Brisbane on 97.3 they sounded out of place between Wham & Bonnie Tyler, they came back from a song and talked about how bad their into to it was, not realizing some stations had a different song so didn’t here the stuff up.

They don’t even sound like a poor mans Hamish & Andy, they sound like a poor man’s Ant & Becs

3 Likes

His name is Muzz?

I am about to go off again. Big time.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha yep, and on day 1 it sounds desperately like they are trying to make him like "Cackling Jack’ on H&A

1 Like

Just wait till you see this. They shared the whole team on Instagram.

willandwoody_01_onair
willandwoody_02_digital
willandwoody_03_producers
willandwoody_04_audio

4 Likes

Oh Lordy!

That is one producers name I will not attempt to pronounce.

That fake brick exposed wall will make them look hip and cool. :man_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

All looking for new jobs by Easter. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes