KIIS Network

Muzz, Beast, Jabba and Badger. I was just coping.

But Lehzo? I have had to double dose on my medication.

I also think that Badger and Lehzo has a certain ring to it. Although if Badger was to change her name to Beaver…now there’s a show.

And does anyone else find it amazing that it takes (at least) nine people to put together the two hours that went to air yesterday? It sounded like Will and Woody were making it up as they went along. Now I realise that what went to air was planned. It was meant to sound like that. Frightening.

4 Likes

Of Jabba & Mel fame…?

I’m baffled by the shambles that is the KIIS “network”.

973, Mix and 96 should form part of the Pure Gold network.

Put KIIS on DAB in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth and then they could network these “talent” shows seamlessly.

Remember they own half of Nova in Perth. Are they trying to compete with themselves?

They’ve got their AM classic hits stations nipping at the FM stations’ heels in Brisbane and Adelaide. That tells me they’re not pitching 973 or mix right at all. Those stations should OWN the adult music market I’m those cities - like Gold and WS.

8 Likes

I definitely think it’d be better if 96FM was part of the Pure Gold network.

97.3 and Mix 102.3 is a little tricker though, because Brisbane & Adelaide technically already have stations that are part of the Pure Gold Network (or surviving elements of what was the Classic Hits Network prior to 2014. Anyway…) in the form of 4KQ and Cruise 1323.

2 Likes

No, a different one.

Badger was digital producer for Heidi, Will and Woody in Perth. I don’t believe any others have moved with them.

Yes agree. But I also think they should break 4KQ and Cruise off into a Classic Hits network. KQ and Cruise have very little in common with Pure Gold formats anymore. They are really very different from WS and Gold.

I recon the should build four distinct networks.

KIIS - FM in Sydney and Melbourne and DAB elsewhere
Pure Gold - FM in all capitals
Classic Hits - AM in Brisbane and Adelaide and DAB elsewhere
Edge - FM in Western Sydney and DAB elsewhere

That way it’s nice and clean and they can concentrate on building the brands properly.

7 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again Mix 102.3, 97.3FM and 96FM need to be rebranded to KIIS then ARN can have a completely uniform flagship KIIS Network.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting proposal.

Of course, it should be noted that The Edge is already available on DAB+ in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Perth. As for rolling out KIIS outside of Sydney/Melbourne & Classic Hits outside of Brisbane/Adelaide on DAB+, in order for that to happen, it has to replace either The 80s or The 90s without reducing its already low bitrate even lower, unless they do what SCA does in Melbourne & Brisbane, and have their DAB+ stations spread across two frequencies (ie. 9A & 9B).

1 Like

Not real loss there.

2 Likes

Will and Woody are looking for another show sponsor today. :roll_eyes:

Maybe seek.com.au could sponsor them

5 Likes

the social media dude/dudette can’t get the phone number right today it appears:

We'll be selecting a show sponsor live on air again. Yesterday Rob the Sax Guy's life was turned upside down. Give us a buzz on 10 3065 from 4pm and give us your spiel!

— Will and Woody (@willandwoody) January 9, 2018
2 Likes

The only saving grace these boys have is that they are the only option for drive on air at the moment. If Hughesy and Kate/ Kate, Tim and Marty started back yesterday it’d be all over. However, people might stick with them for the two weeks and stay…

1 Like

Just a quick question to everyone here because i haven’t listened too much to will and woodys show but have they at all talked about anything else but trying to get a show sponsor at all?

They talked about that for most of the show yesterday.

Which is pointless to do because all of that is sorted out behind the scenes but for the meantime they can still do a show without one

At least they’re making a ‘genuine attempt’. :joy:

Will and Woody podcast from yesterday’s show is now live.

Will and Woody sounding much better today. Sounds like the initial nerves and stumbling over words is gone. They also sound to have a much better plan for the show, not staying in topics for too long.

2 Likes

49 pm

2 Likes

Really? Sounds the same to me.

They have a bell to ring when they make mistakes and claim they’ve only rung it twice so they reviewed themselves and decided they’re doing much better today.

This was followed by awkward silences and no response but then followed by disjointed conversation and weird laughter. Then they couldn’t move on to the next subject without laughing and they called it a “train wreck”. Should have rung the bell again.

There are still way too many pauses and awkward silences. They are just not working as a team. They’re not actually responding to each other. They’re not really listening to what the callers are saying and then ask them something that’s already been mentioned. Too much time wasted on “How Are You?” " Good, thanks" on every call. Then they don’t know when to cut the caller off, discuss the comments further amongst themselves, so it becomes messy.

Have they always been this hopeless?