KIIS Network

Sorry, I meant even just a feed set up for W&W

Patience required from ARN. They’re very talented and it will take time.

Same with PJ and Jase. Give them 3 years.

3 Likes

Fitzy and Wippa usually have the podcast for their breakfast show available on Nova’s website by early afternoon.

They’re tallying up their stuff ups now. They’ve admitted to eight so far and they’re joking if they reach ten then…

They don’t sound like professionals to me - which given they’ve been on radio for a few years now is, well, strange…

I think they have potential but they sound like they’ve just come off Fresh 92.7, not straight off years of metro breakfast after metro weekend breakfast…

1 Like

Maybe that was the problem. They probably should have scripted more of their first show than rely on a caller which gave them car crash radio.

They just ended the show by saying that they only had eight stuff ups and they will be back, at least for the “next little while”. Have they given up already?

2 Likes

Will & Woody are probably baffled with the fact that they have to create a drive show that appeals to 5 stations in a network that vary in playlist from CHR, to Hot AC, AC and a Rock heavy AC station.

I get that ARN are aiming for younger listeners in Melbourne (and of course Sydney) but how is it possible to network content when all 5 station in the KIIS network vary in playlist and therefore target a different audience.

8 Likes

I noticed there was a segment where they asked callers to dial in on 13 1065 which obviously must be for Sydney since the One3 number uses the Sydney call sign. It sounded as awkward as the rest of the show.

2 Likes

This is my exact thoughts. The Hamish & Andy caller might fly on Sydney and Melbourne but how can it possibly be even relevant to Mix, 973 and 96fm…?

That’s a hard gig tbh. ARN would be better off putting a drive show on Gold/WS that they network to Mix, 973 and 96fm. They obviously want KIIS to be their flagship, but it’s just not quite right for the network - unless they change the network to KIIS but then they’re risking pretty good ratings in some markets…

Is the show imaging different in the different markets…?

That’s their network number now. Works well for Sydney, but I think they’d have been better off with something more generic especially as it’s very close to the Hit network’s 13 10 60.

Nova’s 13 24 10 is a good example of how a generic phone number can work. I don’t think a 13 09 69 or 13 10 03 would have worked very well at all.

If Nova took their Brisbane call sign for their phone number, it could have been 13 10 69, and the three major CHRs could have been 13 10 60, 13 10 65 and 13 10 69…

5 Likes

I think ARN would be better of rebranding Mix 102.3, 97.3FM and 96FM to “KIIS” and having a completely uniform flagship network.

3 Likes

The Instagram post has been taken down now after they copped so much abuse. They’re still copping abuse on Meshel’s response.

This follows on from the Instagram post from Jase Hawkins on Friday which was taken down after he copped abuse for showing a photo of PJ in her underwear, on her knees, spewing into a toilet.

3 Likes

They are a down market version of Kyle and Jackie O?

And that market is pretty low to begin with. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

KIIS 101.1 is the poor cousin of KIIS 106.5

4 Likes

I think that KIIS in Sydney has shown its first weakness in four years of broadcasting. Kyle and Jackie O will suffer if car radios are not tuned to 1065 when Sydney drives home. People jump in their cars the next morning and…

To be honesty Willy and Wood are more suited to the 2DayFM breakfast shift.

Syndication should be reserved for quality radio. If it’s not quality and it’s FM radio - just play music. Simple.

5 Likes

They were very awkward, and were laughing a lot, but I certainly wasn’t. I think H&K and KT&M especially are going to swamp them, and deservedly so.

Duncan Campbell seems to resort to just pulling in established brands now, he’s given up developing talent.

2 Likes

I’ve said this for like two years. Obviously no-one at SCA reads these forums…

Jase and PJ’s instagram have posted a link to Wooshka for their podcast - issues with iTunes maybe?

1 Like

NZ Herald calls Jase a “kiwi” and his accent certainly is very Kiwi-ish. Hearing highlights throughout the day, you could listen to a Kiwi breakfast show on KIIS and then a Brit host mornings on Nova. /britishcitizenbtw