KIIS Network

Wippa has been “Wippa” since school, since you asked. So blame some Scots College student for that one.

Jase and PJ & Will and Woody start on Monday.

I wonder if that means all the normal programs are on? Like does Celeb HQ start then too? And will we in Sydney get Jase and PJ at 8pm from this Monday like originally announced?

I’d imagine so.

I wonder if they will start this when K&J and the rest of the network are back…?

That’s what I’m curious about but surely they’ll be doing some sort of introductions to Melbourne audience this Monday morning that really would be beneficial for the rest of the Network this Monday too rather than “dipping in” to the show 3 weeks later.

Probably beneficial to let the show find its feet a little bit before networking.

1 Like

Jase & PJ started on KIIS 1011 this morning.

Here is a recap of the first show: https://www.mediaweek.com.au/jase-pj-new-kiis-101-1-breakfast-hosts/

Will & Woody also appeared on the show and took a cheap shot at Matt & Meshel - disgraceful. This will no doubt hurt the reputation of both shows.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdq6OBvhlxJ/?taken-by=meshel_laurie

1 Like

That’s nasty. You can take a shot at the opposition but you should not attack a team on your own station that was replaced.

6 Likes

Ouch

Meshel’s response

8 Likes

Meshel Laurie saying on Twitter that merchandise didn’t exist for their show and was only created for this stunt.

Bad start guys. They’ve managed to damage both new shows in one. Lol.

5 Likes

This is going to backfire spectacularly.

1 Like

Took long enough :stuck_out_tongue:.

https://t.co/nWzS2zc5h1

1 Like

Have been listening to Will and Woody this afternoon and from what I’m hearing, the competition have nothing to worry about.

They just had a very awkward prank call with a caller who thought she called Fox FM. They spent the five minutes plugging another station, saying how good RnB Fridays are, how good Hamish & Andy are and how they are nowhere as good. The caller hadn’t even heard of them. Really relatable to a national audience and it wasn’t even funny.

In another segment they sound really awkward and stilted just announcing the next track. Lkke they can’t belifve they’re playing a Katy Perry song from four years ago.

4 Likes

Yeah and just to add to your point there im giving this experiment a couple of months before it gets yanked off the air for low ratings and possibly low share for the network as well

1 Like

Not a great start for Will and Woody.

2 Likes

I know it’s their first day but they sounded really unprofessional. Why didn’t they plan this better?

Why didn’t they have some listeners who are big fans call in and talk them up? Why didn’t they have something impressive planned for a first day or week?

4 Likes

Not sure if they have them up now but there seems to be no podcasts for either show available (or even a feed).

Seems a bit try-hard from a drive show that sounds like it needs to try way too hard to be funny and relevant…
That said, bit of an over-reaction I would have thought overall.

Meshel’s comments sound more like sour grapes than anything. Radio’s a beast and unfortunately if you phone it in every day and can only pull a 6% share you get the boot. I like Meshel overall but she sucked on Nova when she wasn’t surrounded by the very talented Tim Blackwell and Marty Sheargold and she sucked on KIIS.

I would’ve found it funny if it was done to Rove & Sam or Dan & Maz by a genuinely funny new team. Unfortunately for Will and Woody, they’re just not very well known yet to be taking pot shots like that - I’m sure if Hamish and Andy had done the exact same thing at least 90% of the people commenting here and elsewhere would’ve thought it was hilarious.

I would think that the demographic that KIIS is now targeting would be very different to old Matt & Meshel listeners. The M&M listeners were probably Mix listeners who were probably just as outraged that Chrissie & Jane were pulled.

KIIS appear to be going for the Nova/Fox/JJJ audience which I would suggest is not even close to the same audience as ‘old KIIS’.

Maybe KIIS’ new station Tagline should be ‘always awkward’ :wink:

I’ve only listened a little but they do sound like kids who have just got a shot at the big time - which is weird considering they spent a long time in Perth…

Not even two surveys…? Doubt it.

Don’t know why Will & Woody would have a podcast up before the end of their first show… as for Jase & PJ I don’t know what the process is for getting a podcast onto iTunes - would they be able to do it in a day…?

2 Likes

More stuff ups back from a song, awkward silences and stilted conversations. They’re asking people to call in and tell them how good or bad they have been, but are already preempting the answers by admitting it’s been pretty bad.

They’re now asking the audience to take pity on them and saying they’ve given doing a Drive show “a good go”.

3 Likes