KIIS Network

I think Hughesy & Kate were regularly #1 or #2 at Drive here in Sydney. Are they popular enough that listeners will follow H&K from KIIS to Hit? At this stage, it’s still a case of wait and see.

Personally I’d prefer it if the major FM networks gave the drive slot back to the individual stations, but that probably won’t ever happen.

KTM is such a good show, hopefully it can do very well in Melbourne now H&A are gone.

3 Likes

But why?

I personally think if we were to go local drive we wouldn’t get the same quality shows we have now.

1 Like

I agree. And they get a few guests on the show that probably wouldn’t go around the country to do guest appearances in every market.

They’ll do well in Perth as you said, but they originally did W/End Breakfast for hit in 2012-13 so to a degree they are known. They did Saturday Breakfast for FOX in 2017 so Perth and Melbourne will be there strongest markets

1 Like

Yes, exactly. Being known in Perth & Melbourne and being a somewhat logical solution to the end of H&A will I think boost their numbers.

I’d be very surprised if they were a bomb.

I do think it will be a disaster year for 2DAY with no H&A…

Curious to see how Will & Woody go Networked on 97.3, previously Hughsey & Kate were played with a much older playlist, I think Will & Woody’s content wont match the 97.3 playlist.

2 Likes

Jase & PJ and Will & Woody start next Monday. Their social media accounts have been updated with KIIS network branding this afternoon.

It will be interesting to see Will & Woody’s impact. Their young-larikin status, along with the displacement of Hit listeners from Hamish and Andy’s departure and the arrival of the older skewing Hughesy and Kate should draw in some listeners.

This should be perfect for KIIS 101.1, who are trying to aim young, and really gives them the best chance of success in 2018, provided that the music is right. I would also expect this combination to work better for 96FM, expesically combined with their recent history in Perth.

They’ll probably work well on KIIS 1065 - but it would take a huge disaster to shift that ship too far off course.

I wonder about 97.3 and Mix 102.3 though. Both rate well, but skew heavily to an older demographic.

2 Likes

Meanwhile Matt & Meshel’s Twitter and Instagram accounts are still active.

1 Like

huh? so they are trying to aim old so young larikins are good?

He must be on KIIS FM’s payroll. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think these changes are highly risky and it could go either way. I doubt either will be an instant success.

it would make sense if it were consistent.

Dumping 3pm pick-up would be a good start, now they have no Thinkergirls, it is all a holdover from the Mix days.

I do think that the marketing campaigns will probably help - Jase & PJ in particular I’d imagine will be all guns blazing and be very ‘visible’ - both on socials and in outdoor advertising. As long as they offer something compelling they should do okay.

I think both teams will do okay. I don’t think they’ll be disasters by any measure. You’re right though - they won’t be instant success.

1 Like

Whoops. That’s was meant to be young.

I am not sure why but I get the feeling that Weedy and Wooly are going to be a lot of forced fun and laughter - the sort of show that irritates audiences. I will listen with interest next Monday.

I sure hope not. Did their whole team go to Melbourne from Perth or are they new…?

Here’s hoping the Austereo ‘fakeness’ doesn’t bring itself over with them.

1 Like

Will and Woody. You know their names. Please use them and stop that nonsense.

2 Likes

Dead set I do not know their names. Is his real name Woody?

To me Woody is not a name. It is a descriptive word for a tree (or forest) or it’s teenage slang for an erection. It must be a nickname. Austere loves nicknames.

I hope Woody is actual person, otherwise the bus shelter ads are going to be controversial.

Nickname for Edward.