KIIS Network

Jase & PJ shorts sound awful, as does the ‘Always Awkward’ tagline. Their accents are way more kiwi than I expected.

Jase has an Australian accent.

2 Likes

I personally think they’ll rate worse than Matt and Meshel.

3 Likes

Sounds more Kiwi to me on the previews.

1 Like

Probably will, at least for a while anyway. They have no relationship to Melbourne either, which only a Sydney programmer would not think is important.

I think it’s Nova’s year to win. No changes to breakfast, drive and nights in years. Regularly winning shows in all major time slots and the fact of being the only top 40 music station to have zero changes for 2018 is already a win for them.

7 Likes

There won’t be any change in Sydney FM - KIIS will win breakfast and Nova will win Drive and Nights as always.

Fair enough.

And yeah, not putting Melbournians in there is puzzling move. No local footy teams they support, stuff as simple as that. In fact neither of them even follow the comp. Having those little things is important to build a relationship with the audience on a local show.

I wonder if ARN simply got them across the line (They were in talks with Hit too) then had to squeeze them into a slot. Their show is more a network style one than a city based one to be honest.

They’ve said the same about Nova for the past few years. No change in ratings though.

Until Kyle & Jackie O retire, KIIS will continue to be at or near the top of the Fm ratings in Sydney. So KIIS will be ahead of Nova in Breakfast, mornings and afternoons. Nova to win drives and night.
Maybe if Nova were not so repetitive they may have better daytime figures.

2 Likes

I wonder what KIIS’s succession plan is post K&J. Who will be poach-worthy enough to keep the network at No.1.

Unlike H&A they’re still on top of their game so it needs to be good or else.

1 Like

Maybe Fitzy & Wippa, but I think Nova would do everything to keep those presenters at their network.

As far as presenters already at ARN are concerned, perhaps Mike E & Emma from The Edge could be given a promotion when K&JO retire (or quit/defect/are sacked)?

Not a bad suggestion…

didn’t they do Mix breakfast for a while before moving back? Around the Sonia & Todd era?

Sounds more like confirmation bias to me…

That’s a whole lotta assumptions and guessing though tbh. A ‘connection’ to Melbourne can just as easily be built. Personally, I think it’ll be nice to have a breakfast option that hasn’t sidled in some sporting personality in attempt to find a ‘connection’ to Melbourne - as if all Melbourne is is footy.

I wouldn’t think that could be possible…

1 Like

For sure and having heard their show in the past (and enjoyed it) sport won’t feature much at all. I just think it’s nice to have some connection, especially as outsiders. Having seen some of their teaser video content already they are starting strongly.

1 Like

How will Wil & Woody rate next year?
Will they bomb in every city except Sydney where their figures will be artificially boosted thanks to Kyle & Jacki O?

They don’t seem to be the right fit for KIIS.

1 Like

I reckon they’ll pick up some the ex-H&A crowd, as will KTM. I’d say middling numbers, not quite a bomb - just as a wild guess.

They’re very well known in Perth, so should do well there (especially given Perth generally is a market that doesn’t take well to east-coast shows…) and they may be somewhat known in Melbourne so might grab some of the ex-H&A audience there. Obviously in Sydney they’ll be bouyed by K&J.

I think H&K and C&T are just not the shows to replace H&A - and I think the odd time slots will work against them as well. Anyone who is into H&A’s sound and show are more likely to switch to KIIS than stay on Hit.

I personally think H&A leaving Hit will be a boon for Nova and KIIS. Whilst they’re a good show, I don’t think H&K were what was propping up the KIIS network, and therefore I don’t think they’ll necessarily be missed there…

Remains to be seen but weren’t Hughesty and Kate number one in Drive a few times before Kate Tim & Marty regained top spot?

1 Like