KIIS Network

Since Covid when they were broadcasting from home, the hosts have kits which they can take anywhere. In the last year I’ve heard Fitzy on Nova talk about it when he was in Adelaide for a few days and Joel Creasey did the same when he was recording a TV special in Broken Hill.

Surely in this day and age “packing up” means unplugging their laptops from the studio and putting their mugs in the dishwasher before walking out.

3 Likes

They didn’t have their last call segment due to the overtime show. They finish the show 2:30am over there.

1 Like

I think NRJ want them out at 2AM

1 Like

Yeah but their show in Sydney goes overtime every year. Regardless if they want them out. Plus they’re keeping up Sydney Time.

1 Like

You’re clearly not understanding this.

The station they are using over there want them out of their premises by 2pm, not ARN the owners here.

2 Likes

Yeah I do understand. But I think they won’t listen to them. It just depends on their timing of their show.

They obviously did if they cut their show short today.

2 Likes

The show starts at 6-10am.

They said on the show this morning that they had ran over time, and Jackie O was falling asleep too, that is why they could not do last calls.

It f they went massively overtime they would be keeping staff at the station almost until dawn. The original plan was to broadcast the show live from Kyle’s Villa, where they could go as long as they like, but the accomodation owners would not allow that.
The backup plan was to broadcast the show from NRJ from 10pm-2am European DST which is 6am-10am Sydney time.

3 Likes

2am*

1 Like

Does anyone know why on Jase & Lauren, Alice the producer goes by the name Sharon? So used to listening to her when Alice was producer for Roo & Dits on Triple M Adelaide.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a nickname?

Producer Jermaine D’Vauz on Nova’s Rikki Lee, Tim and Joel (formerly Kyle and Jackie O) is called Shae Diaz by them for some reason.

1 Like

It’s a nickname. I don’t know why but I do know their nicknames on that show normally have a reason :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s a nickname listen to the podcast.

1 Like

Byron Cooke filling in for Jase Hawkins this week.

1 Like
1 Like

Their existing contract, which has been estimated at being worth up to $8 million a year each, ends at the end of 2024.

Last month, ARN perplexed investors by taking a $38 million, 14.8 per cent stake in Southern Cross Media. ARN said it was a “strategic equity investment” because Southern Cross Media’s share price was so low. But observers noted one possible motivation for the move was as a defensive play should Sandilands and Henderson decide to switch networks.

3 Likes

In which case, they’d wanna hope they don’t go to Nova…

2 Likes

That’s the least like outcome. Nova’s being run like a big regional station with fairly limited resources these days. They wouldn’t have the money Kyle would want.

3 Likes