KIIS Network

Music stations used to play music not content. Breakfast 6 to 9, then announcers did 3 to 4 hours shifts right thru to 7 when the hot 30 would start. No wonder everybody listens to Spotify now

9 Likes

Yeah I just don’t get what they’re thinking, especially in drive time. Every time I put 97.3 on in the afternoon it’s just a talkathon of the most inane subjects, when all people want is some damn music. Same with Triple M. I really think radio will be dead in a few years unless they wake up to themselves - it’s driving people to other platforms. I don’t care what the ratings say, they are BS. Just ask friends/workmates what they are listening to and it’s increasingly not mainstream commercial stations. It’s other stations (eg. Community, fringe stations, or DAB music stations) or it’s Spotify etc.

5 Likes
1 Like

It’s inevitable he will permanently become part of the show.

1 Like

Interesting break from Jimmy and Nath on SCA nights. Who do we think came off the best here? Mitch Churi getting the laugh to break was a highlight although smallzy got some digs in there

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=https://radiotoday.com.au/jimmy-nath-smallzy-and-mitch-churi-unite-on-air/&ct=ga&cd=CAEYACoUMTE5MDQ4NTk2OTc1MDA4Nzk5MDUyGjU5ZGMyMTdhZDJmYTE1NzM6Y29tOmVuOlVT&usg=AOvVaw0x2y-UJGxARTvb1flhSTbF

4 Likes

Us radioheads always love when material like this pops up.

Brilliant banter between the 3x night shows (plus Abbie).

Extremely loose radio, which is always a good laugh (and is probably what makes K&J and Hamish & Andy the success they are).

6 Likes

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the new pickup on 973/ARN pre drive? They seem to be doing well. I hear bits and bobs and enjoy it.

To me it’s just more inane chatter on FM when I’d rather hear great music with a low key but engaging announcer. This type of show just drives me to other stations like Breeze or to DAB offerings.

4 Likes
1 Like

K&J are live from Paris all week this week alongside their newsreader Brooklyn Ross. They start the show from 10PM-2AM Paris time.

1 Like

10pm start. They don’t go for 6hrs.

2 Likes

Not from Paris, they’re doing the show from St Tropez (they’re broadcasting out of the NRJ studios there).

1 Like

yeah, but you know how he likes to go on and on and on, cutting into the workday sometimes

1 Like

They never go to 6hrs though.

From what I heard this morning the show is only to go until 10am EST, 2am European DST. NRJ has to have staff there for them, and they have to pack up their gear after the show finishes, that is what they said this morning on the show.

2 Likes

How much gear did they take to Paris? They will need time to set up for each day’s show and time to pack up.

1 Like

No need. Did you miss this post?

2 Likes

Did you miss this post?

1 Like

How much gear theyve taken to Paris doesnt matter when theyre doing the show from St Tropez. I think thats that J Bar is alluding to

3 Likes

Fair…is it the gear or the city that’s the issue lol.

Regardless, pack up/pack down wouldn’t take too long with modern radio equipment. Especially if you were leveraging some of NRJ’s stuff too.

2 Likes