KIIS Network

I’ve spotted ads for KIIS 97.3 on billboards and bus stop shelters around the place,saying “KIIS it better”

4 Likes

Yes I saw this too this afternoon for KIIS1065… What a daggy slogan

6 Likes

I preferred, “Keep KIIS Loud”.

4 Likes

Darren James current 3AW Weekend presenter (former TTFM presenter) appeared on Jase & Lauren this morning for Valentines Day. He used to be the original Love Songs and Dedications and original Love God host back in 1991. James is also the father of Jase & Lauren’s Executive Producer Alice James.

1 Like

Anyone seen Kyle and Jackie O billboards about Valentines day across Sydney today?

1 Like

From Herald Sun via Mediaweek:

Controversial shock jock Kyle Sandilands is “gunning” to bring his top-rating breakfast radio show to Melbourne, reports News Corp’s Nui Te Koha.

“Why would you have the biggest radio show of all-time — ever — but only do it in Sydney?” Sandilands told the Sunday Herald Sun.

“If I was in charge, I’d put the biggest product they’ve got on air nationally.”

1 Like

Lol how to kill a station in one move.
Us Melbournians won’t want to listen to a Sydney-based breakfast show.

5 Likes

I’m certain he’s said this verbatim previously, and nothing has eventuated.

5 Likes

He knows it gets clicks and headlines, and ARM would know they’d be lucky to get a 3 share in Melbourne with him.

6 Likes

How lovely! Take an old friend’s Melbourne breakfast show off air to replace with your Sydney one.

5 Likes

And not to mention the situation that it would impose on 96FM as well - it wouldn’t fit well for 96’s format, and the outcry with the loss of Clairsy and Lisa as well.

2 Likes

The hour of power is too much for 96fm, imagine breakfast!! No thanks. Sydney can keep them imo. :blush:

4 Likes

Honestly, this is why I honestly think ARN should make a KIIS DAB+ station for Perth, have it be a timeshifted version of 1065 (with Perth news and traffic instead of with the Sydney stuff), and then take the plunge and move 96FM to Pure Gold.

9 Likes

They’d rather wait for 6iX’s licence to convert to FM in about 30 years from now.

7 Likes

100% agree. I guess there’s an audience here for 96FM’s current music playlist. But it aint for me. Id go Triple M over 96FM at the moment, but definately 96 if they went full WS or Gold music. Theyre about 50% now, its the other 50% letting them down.

5 Likes

It seems 96FM and Mix94.5 are both facing a network identity crisis.

Mix94.5 is out of place with RnB Fridays… and 96FM is out of place with K&J, etc.

Perth really does need to be left alone to do its own thing.

8 Likes

Kyle isn’t worth nearly as much as he think he is. His head is stuck so far up his arse that he can’t even breathe.

5 Likes

Whatever your views on him, it’s undeniable he makes the Sydney ratings needle turn. That does make him worth as much as he thinks he is. Whether that would translate to Melbourne is another matter entirely.

8 Likes

I agree that Kyle is worth the money.

Every now and then a top rating radio station is “destroyed”:

• The advent of 2WS in 1978 brought 2SM’s rating share from 25 to a 12
  • 4BK’s move from AM to FM was the end of FM 104’s control of the Brisbane radio market
  • When Alan Jones and Ray Hadley moved from 2UE to 2GB, it was the end of 2UE’s decades at or near the top of the ratings.
  • The success of KIIS in Sydney is due to Kyle and Jackie. Want proof? Check out KIIS in Melbourne. When Kyle and Jackie left 2DayFM in 2013 it ended the stations run near the top of the ratings. 2DayFM has survived the conversion of 2WS and 2UW to FM and the introduction of Nova and Vega/smooth. They had even survived the move away from Wendy Harmer and Peter Moon. But 2DayFM could not replace Kyle and Jackie.

I reckon there would be no KIIS in 2023, if not for Kyle and Jackie. They are worth the cash, no one knows that more then SCA.

7 Likes

I just can’t wait for Nova to make a play and offer them multiple markets

3 Likes