KIIS Network

Today’s results are on par with recent highs…?

1 Like

They are now using ‘100% Hits from KIISTORY to NOW!’

4 Likes

You’re kidding right?

They may as well just make it, “The Hits You Love From Then To Now”.

My gosh. Be original.

Just make it, “So Melbourne” or something.

And they need to define KIIStory. Do they mean Mixtory? Or TTory?

5 Likes

They don’t. It’s a feature that has run since 2014 (one ripped off from Kiss UK no less), with music that barely crosses over into what Mix and TT used to play.

5 Likes

https://www.973fm.com.au/competition/2022-kiismas-lights-competition

Info on the Christmas lights comp previously with 4KQ still in conjunction with 7 News.

7 News ran a story tonight. Not to be outdone, Nine News also ran one on how to save money putting up Christmas lights.

4 Likes

Interesting they’re still promoting the 973fm.com.au URL and not kiis973.com.au.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Speaking of Jackie O, Channel 7 said that she would be taking time off because of a chest infection.

2 Likes

Its not covid… its actually chest infection shes having atm… she has been coughing so badly :cry:

2 Likes
5 Likes

They go on break soon for the year so she’s just getting an extended holiday. Has the summer team been announced?

2 Likes

No but you can’t be certain it’ll be Mitch Churi with Nat Penfold again up until December 22/23

3 Likes

I thought it would be Abbie Chatfield but she’s from another network?

2 Likes

Peter Ford said on Sunrise that producer Sonia will co-host with Kyle for the remainder of the ratings year, but I thought Sonia left KIIS?

3 Likes

Sonia leaves at the end of year but it’s Brittany that’s coshosting with Kyle.

2 Likes

Can’t they just get Sophie Monk or someone

Probably not in their budget for the year.

1 Like

They said that it was Covid. Are you sure that channel 7 wasn’t correct?

1 Like

She said that she had it earlier in the year but since then she has struggled to fully recover so that’s ehat they call ‘long covid’.

6 Likes

Kate Langbroek has hit out at KIIS management for not treating her and her The 3PM Pick-Up co-hosts as well as they treat Kyle and Jackie O. Kate said on News Corp podcast I’ve Got News for You:

What they do with their radio station is their business and it’s no secret that KIIS is very geared around Kyle and Jackie.

Kyle and Jackie are amazing, I totally understand that, but if you want other stars in your stable you have to be prepared to treat them like stars, and if you don’t want to do that, that’s fine.

When asked what happened between KIIS and The 3PM Pick Up which led to the show’s cancellation, Kate said:

Well, look, I’m just gonna say this: Sometimes you just can’t come to terms. And if you can’t come to terms, it’s best you part ways.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/kate-langbroek-slams-kiis-fm-for-failing-to-renew-the-3pm-pick-up/news-story/136880d47d8938707488ada17fa3818d

The Kate Langbroek episode (which also includes discussion on My Mum Your Dad and Kate’s thoughts on the new host of The Project) is now available on all streaming platforms.

1 Like

Will we see Kate reunite with Hughesy in some capacity in 2023?

3 Likes