KIIS Network

Assume this is in relation to his monkeypox comments.

4 Likes

I get the attraction of being unscripted but at some point you’ve got to think rationally about the content and draw the line.

At some point advertisers will, regardless of how many listeners seem to be able to suspend their morality and values and laugh at others’ misfortune

It’s only a matter of time until another “British nurse” thing happens again. Then watch everyone run for the hills and pretend they weren’t part of it.

5 Likes

Monty Dimond filled in for Lauren Phillips this morning.

3 Likes

Monty Dimond is filling in for Lauren today. Lauren is recovering at home after she was admitted to hospital at the weekend with a serious respiratory virus (she tested negative to COVID), and called the KIIS breakfast show this morning to explain what happened.

Wednesday 31 August -
Ash London filling in for Lauren today (and rest of this week according to Jase).

3 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

TV Blackbox is reporting Kyle & Jackie O EP Sonia Jahshan has quit to join Sunrise in a production role, working specifically on activations for the program.

2 Likes

KIIS & their shows have changed their profile pictures to black and white on social media in memory of the queen.

6 Likes

I can’t believe this always has to be said, but the nurse incident was on 2Day FM’s Hot30 Countdown, not Kyle and Jackie O. I don’t always agree with Sandilands’ antics, but it’s unfair to wrongly attribute an incident that involved a completely different show to them.

4 Likes

I stand corrected. I always get confused between the nurse incident and the 14yo rape victim lie detector scandal, amongst the many other disgusting and unfunny pranks. Again, I can’t understand anybody who defends him, or listens to the show.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Given Seven will broadcast the funeral live, KIIS stations in Adelaide and Perth will also have to air the lead-up radio specials live, to avoid missing the start of the funeral.

2 Likes

Interesting article

4 Likes

Interesting that he thinks social media and TikTok is authenticity

2 Likes

After the first song on Will & Woody on KIIS 1011 Melbourne. We had 30 seconds of silence and an appareance of the backup tape. Which is a KIIS jingle followed by Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti. Song only lasted 30 - 45 seconds before returning to normal programming.

4 Likes

A new tradition has begun. Also worth mentioning Mix102.3 are also doing it with 7NEWS.

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Kyle and Jackie O have finished the show early - and have now walked out of the building. The show got “dumped” by the censor (they are on a 30 sec delay) when Alan Jones was a guest.

3 Likes

So much for ‘breakfast with the stars’

5 Likes