KIIS Network

So who lost their job next week, for this publicity stunt?

Kyle and Jackie are off for two weeks, along with Brooklyn their newsreader. Tash is only on for one week.

But I’m sure they would have had someone else booked in to do the job before now.

4 Likes

Interesting to note that KIIS have now started “KIIStory” from 5pm weekends where they play nothing but old Skool and throwbacks.

There must be some hidden success in 2Day’s format that the general public are not privy too if the number one station is starting to follow suit with the other two stations.

1 Like

Wouldn’t half mind if they ripped off the UK Kisstory format for DAB+/iHeart

I was listening to that for a while this arvo. They did boy bands from the 90s like Boyzone and East 17. It was interesting hearing Lowie on the radio again but this time on KIIS.

But it was strange that he’s doing the show from America and he does a segment where he goes out on the streets to ask people burning questions. But they’re Americans, so what the f*** has that got to do with a radio show in Australia??? That was a turn-off for me so didn’t hear the rest of the show.

The best weekend show is still definitely Vevo Top 20 with Angus and Ash 6pm Saturdays. They have the best chemistry and on air presence.

1 Like

Isn’t that what they normally play? Or even stuff earlier than that time? How can it be Old Skool when it’s newer than some of the songs in their playlist lmao.

1 Like

Firstly, I’m surprised Bauer allowed them to use the name. Perhaps it’s on some sort of franchise-type arrangement.

Secondly, I’m not sure this branding works on a station that’s only 3 years old. Kiss FM UK has a heritage going back to the late 80s and therefore “Kisstory” actually resonates with listeners when they shout about “the songs that we made famous”. 2Day and Fox could rightfully make this claim, KIIS cannot.

I said a while back I thought SCA should try to own the potentially lucrative old skool market in Australia. Seems they may be letting ARN steal a march on them… again!

4 Likes

96fm are trying to track down a listener who entered a competition in 1983 but had their entry lost in the post until in last week.
http://www.96fm.com.au/shows/carmen-fitzi/help-carmen-and-fitzi-solve-this-34-year-old-mystery/

96fm eventually found Robyn and a representative from Brownes Dairy presented her with a cheque of $2000 instead of the albums.

1 Like

Call me very cynical, but this entire thing seems staged to me. The alleged missing letter, tracking her down. Everything about it seems dodgy to me.

1 Like

Had the misfortune of tuning into KIIStory on Saturday. Sadly it’s far from “nothing but old skool and throwbacks” as it’s littered with the most banal, pointless segments from ‘Lowie’ that I think I’ve ever heard on broadcast radio.

The thing with a show that features old skool 90s dance tracks is that the songs are cheesy enough. It doesn’t need some inane berk screeching down the mic, showing off and loving the sound of his own voice.

I could only stomach 30 mins of it. Absolute car crash radio. The hit network have nothing to worry about on this showing.

Interesting developments in KIIS 1065. I’ve been listening over the weekend and today and the playlist has become remarkably like the old Mix 1065 with of course still most of the attention focused on current hits but there seems to be a song from the 90’s or 00’s every 3 or 4 current songs. I have to say I’m enjoying this change very much.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree
I’m finding myself back to 104.1 more often these days

Kyle gets paid over $3million dollars a year for his radio work.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/shock-jock-kyle-sandilands-reveals-how-much-he-earns-from-his-kiis-fm-radio-gig/news-story/56cea7246d08c2bf2ce2bc91744f4cc6

3 Likes

Talent being paid relative to what they bring the station in is nothing surprising surely?

2 Likes

True, its an investment that’s paid dividends for ARN. It would be interesting to know the real figure is especially since Rove was rumored to be paid over that figure as well and look what he brought into the station.

1 Like

I think the amount is surprising. Even Ben Fordam was guessing somewhere between 1m and 2m and surprised it is over 3m. Does that make him the highest paid in Australia or do the talk back hosts get more?

The Thinkergirls are filling in for Hughesy & Kate over the next couple of weeks.