KIIS Network

Jeez, not really the right drive brand.

1 Like

97.3 deserve to be #1 AM drive - Bianca works her heart outā€¦ the boys have lifted tooā€¦

The show now has a ā€˜cheekyā€™ edge rather than just the old hackneyed styled PC friendly ā€˜jokesā€™ they used to engage in.

Kyle and Jackie O at 7am this morning:

Jackie O: Coming up soon we have our legal expert in the studio so you can call up with any legal questions .
Kyle: How appropriate
Jackie O: Maybe your friends could ring in?

Cut to ad break.

And thatā€™s why I listen.

Meanwhile over on 2DayFM the breakfast hosts do what they have been doing since 2014. Yell into the microphone.

4 Likes

Because people with associations to crime figures make great breakfast hosts?

3 Likes

ā€œThe controversial power duo of radioā€ - Not Jones and Hadley?

1 Like

Herald Sun is reporting today that Matt and Meshel could face the axe from KIIS 1011 and could potentially be replaced by Jason Labby Hawkins and PJ Harding who recently resigned from ZM in New Zealand.

1 Like

Not sure if Melbourne listeners will be happy to have a Kiwi co-hosting their local breakfast show.

Jason Labby Hawkins is an Australian. He has previously worked on B105 and 2DAYFM.

Jason Hawkins is Australian and was previously at SCA including breakfast on B105 in Brisbane. Heā€™s only currently in his third (and final) year of radio in NZ.

1 Like

Sorry, just read about him in todayā€™s paper. When I saw his nickname Labrat I recognised him immediately, Iā€™ve heard his networked shows on Melbourne radio before.

1 Like

They actually do a decent show, only listened for the first time recently. Would be a shame if this happens, especially as NO ONE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE.

Matt & Meshel BOTH off for the 2nd day in a row with ā€˜the fluā€™. Wonder if this is related to these rumours?

2 Likes

Labby is a great broadcaster, and will do a great show I think.
Labrat and Stav (and Abby) were always pretty decent.

Speaking of great Broadcasters, I also think Lowie would be a good get for a networkā€¦

Isnā€™t Lowie already on KIIS on the weekends?

Also, Iā€™m wondering if Hughesy and Kate will be moved to Melbourne breakfast and those other two on drive?

1 Like

Yes , Lowie is currently with the network. He does Saturday arvo.
I cant see H&K going back to mornings. Wasnā€™t that the main reason why they stopped their morning show on Nova?

nobody knows who they are, name recognition is important, especially on KIIS

Thatā€™s not true. nova listeners know Labby.

He isnā€™t calling himself Labby, and most people in Melbourne donā€™t know of him.

Yep. Iā€™ve got no clue who he is.