KIIS Network

No. They’ve been on air all week (except today)

1 Like

Are you sure? The last full podcast was Tuesday which usually means they were off the rest of the week.

Also, no Monday podcast.

Edit: I just checked iHeartRadio and all the podcasts are there. I wonder why Apple podcasts don’t have them on?

1 Like

It was the best bits of Life Uncut radio show this morning on KIIS. They replayed the interview with Rebel Wilson.

Also, KIIS 1065 had an announcer few weeks ago on the 6am saturday morning slot.

1 Like

Yes KIIS have announcers 6-9am / 2-6pm on Saturdays.

2 Likes

Currently Head of Content for KIIS Sydney and Melbourne, the new role will see DB expand his remit across the network to include KIIS 97.3 in Brisbane and Mix 102.3 in Adelaide.

Notice that 96fm Perth isn’t included there. I wonder if it will move over to the Pure Gold Network from July 1? :thinking:

7 Likes

96FM seriously makes no sense as part of Kiis and I feel it is still lost in the Perth market. It’s not consistent with ratings. They need to rebrand as a Gold network station. It also feels tired, especially the imaging.

6 Likes

I hope they rebrand the other KIIS stations to KIIS eg mix

2 Likes

Mitch now filling in Kyle and Jackie O for the next 2 weeks on KIIS 1065.

2 Likes

By himself or with his nights co host?

2 Likes

Just by himself…
Then followed by Gordie at 9am

2 Likes

You win!

7 Likes

Clearly more to the story as to why he left SCA.

3 Likes

Nothing too sinister I don’t think. I think it came down to him not being fulfilled in the anchor role. He’s always been more of a music presenter and wanted his own profile - at Fox breakfast he was creatively stifled and not a main element of the show.

He tried to get some of that by starting his podcast when he left SCA. I’d say with not a huge individual public profile that was very tough going and didn’t pay the bills all that well. (Not to mention his intention to run for a senate seat which never ended up happening).

At KIIS he’ll get a regular paycheck and will be able to do his own thing during the day with minimal oversight.

5 Likes

Having a personality is necessary in breakfast radio.

5 Likes

I don’t think we will be seeing 96FM rebranding or joining the Gold Network. They recently launched new advertising.

4 Likes

KIIS 1065 line up for 2 weeks:

530-9am Winter Breakfast with Mitch Chur
9am-4pm Gordie
4-6pm Will and Woody
6-7pm KJ hour of Power

2 Likes

as someone who has worked in marketing in a past life - if the decision comes down it will happen. when i interned we launched a multi million dollar campaign, ran it for 6 of the 8 weeks we booked, only to be told on week 7 the company was changing its name, and all the work we did was for nothing

2 Likes

I’m still hopeful that they join Gold on Friday!!

1 Like

Why does Mitch start at 5:30am when Kyle and Jackie O start at 6am?

1 Like

Mitchs show sounds really great. He’s better with guests and callers and I think Jaimee is in doing some segments with him?? He could be a Melb breakfast pick down the line maybe even him and Byron

2 Likes