Kayo Sports

According to Mediaweek, Foxtel Group CEO Patrick Delany said at Fox Footy’s 2022 season launch yesterday that the broadcaster was hopeful that Kayo would go into OzTAM ratings this month so they could see the total audience numbers.

2 Likes

I don’t see why it shouldn’t.

1 Like

Anyone else notice they’ve quietly added the word sports under the logo?

Their social images were updated on 25th Feb, perhaps market research indicated the name Kayo was not synonymous with a sports streaming platform even though their social handles/names, website etc are all kayosports.

1 Like
1 Like

According to TV Tonight, Kayo Basic plans (2 screens) will increase from $25 to $27.50 from May 9. Premium accounts, which allow for 3 screens, remains unchanged at $35.

Fucks sake. Why would you hike the price up even more?

1 Like

To help pay for the rights to netball, F1, cricket, AFL and NRL.

2 Likes

Yeah I know why they did it but I was just saying “why?”.

Foxtel is designed for people who have a decent income and can actually afford it. People on here not to realise that. If you don’t have a decent income then don’t get Kayo or Foxtel . Simple.

1 Like

Episode 1 of Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty will be available to watch on Kayo Freebies from Thursday 14 April for 30 days. All 10 episodes will be available to stream on BINGE with new episodes dropping weekly.

More:

1 Like

Subscribers were notified via email earlier in the week.

If you only ever need one stream at a time, you can downgrade to the “Kayo One” plan, which is $25 a month.

My email must still be coming

2 Likes

No email here either, although I just reapplied the Telstra deal for $15 a month. I can’t recall if the ‘voucher’ was for $15 a month or $10 off in which case it may go up to $17.50. Maybe it’s the former and that’s why I haven’t been notified.

Edit - Kayo Sports Subscription from Telstra says $10 off. See what happens.

Dbl edit - Kayo site says

Will my pricing change if I am currently on an offer?
If you are currently on an offer, your Kayo price will remain unchanged until the end of your offer period, unless cancelled.

So no price rise for me yet

2 Likes

Price rise confirmed. Ridiculous. news Corp fleecing customers continually.

2 Likes

It was confirmed almost a month ago - this isnt news

It’s gone up a max of $2.50/m (while at the same time introducing a new cheaper tier) - my Netflix sub went up more and is approaching providing significantly less value

Has it?

Yes - Single Screen

1 Like

I can’t find any information about that in any press-releases.

1 Like