Kayo Sports

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Thanks.

1 Like

Isn’t the community shield comp that the AFL have pre-season meant to be all their practice matches? Since when are they doing stand-alone ones?

1 Like

Yeah these are separate.

Definitely described as a trial match on Kayo which is what I was going by.

1 Like

That’s all sorts of wrong. Never heard that term in reference to Aussie Rules before.

1 Like

1 Like
  1. It’s all good mate, you’re just using the info you’ve been given.
  2. Obviously an NRL guy has written that on Kayo.
1 Like

Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going totally insane haha.

1 Like

Are the practice matches and community series Kayo Freebies or do you have to have a subscription?

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like they are unfortunately.

They keep a list here of any Freebies that are coming up.

https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/what-freebies-are-available-this-week

2 Likes

Interesting. So if a Foxtel subscriber wanted to watch them they’d have to pay for Kayo? I believe Foxtel isn’t airing them?

2 Likes

Looks like that is the case which is pretty poor from Foxtel given that it’s actually a lot pricier to go with them direct. I reckon all Foxtel sports package subscriptions should come with Kayo Basic as a free extra.

4 Likes

Or they could at least make the Kayo exclusive events available to stream through the iQ4, 5 and the Foxtel apps. It surely couldn’t be too hard considering Foxtel and Streamotion stuff almost definitely shares the same backend for their content

3 Likes

But the streams are not up to broadcast quality that Foxtel customers expect, so they should pay again. That makes sense right?

1 Like

Does Foxtel have sport on demand like Kayo does? Surely they should just give Fox Sports subscribers a linked Kayo account

1 Like

This is Foxtel we are talking about. If there’s a way to combine (and as such not charge as much) they are going to find a way not to.

2 Likes

This will not be shown as it is being produced to a streaming standard, not a broadcast standard.

SO STREAM THEM, FOXTEL. YOUR BOXES STREAM STUFF. ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. What a dumb excuse. Did they forget that their boxes can access online content? It can’t be hard.

3 Likes
1 Like

The Western Bulldogs players shown in the photo are (left to right) Bailey Dale, Mitch Wallis and Bailey Smith.

1 Like

New-look live channel thumbnails:

2 Likes