Jonathan ‘Jono’ Coleman - 1956-2021

Very sad news.

10 5pm headlines

8 Likes

Quite long report on 10 by Angela Bishop. Very moving and well done with a couple of interviews as well as archive footage.

17 Likes

5pm on Nine

8 Likes

Terrible terrible news. No doubt they will have a big tribute to him on Monday. RIP.

1 Like

The very emotional report by Angela Bishop from 10’s 5pm news. “And now to a death in the 10 family.”

7 Likes

Nick McCallum’s report on Seven at 6pm

9 Likes

I just saw this on Twitter. What the heck. I’m so heartbroken. Seemed like the loveliest man.

Vale.

5 Likes

@blackbox wrote a really touching tribute to Jono which is well worth a read:

8 Likes

This is so sad. He was a great guy and full of life on air, he was a joy to watch on TV.

Thoughts and prayers and condolences to family and friends.

4 Likes

I knew he hadn’t been in good health but it’s still a shock.

Sad news.

Holy shit. Terrible news

I attended the last recording of Late Night with Jono and Dano at the Seven studios at Epping. A fond memory.

3 Likes

A tribute from Dano, his long-time radio and television partner.

Vale Jonathan Coleman

I last heard Jono on Northside Radio.
There’s some recent posts on Northside Radio’s Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/NorthsideRadio

4 Likes

I just read the Jonathon Coleman has passed away. I loved Jono and Dano on 2SM in the 80s. So much fun and mayhem.

I have them recorded on tape and I will see if I can upload it to Soundcloud later today.

4 Likes

I posted a little earlier in the Community Radio Forum re his last regular stint on radio (ref 99.3 2NSB).

That would be great. :slightly_smiling_face: I couldn’t recall listening to them on 2SM, but did hear them on triple J & Triple M

Here’s a post by Jono’s partner in crime:
https://twitter.com/ian_rogerson/status/1413685463114604547

3 Likes

Report from UK radio news site Radio Today

Report from the BBC

1 Like

Ian “Dano” Rogerson is on Today Now chatting about working with Jono.

2 Likes