Jonathan ‘Jono’ Coleman - 1956-2021

Jono Coleman has died.

7 Likes

Sad news.

Omg. No words

Wow, this is so sad :frowning:

vale jono coleman

:cry:

OMG, what a shock. Very sad. I never knew he was sick. Best wishes to the family.

From 2018:

Then in 2019 when it sadly returned:

Very sad news. Hopefully Studio 10 pays tribute to him on Monday.

5 Likes

I think the final time he appeared on the show not in a infomercial was when they crossed to him at his house infront of his pool.

Also what bloody timing after Glady’s announces only 10 people at a funeral and others cant even fly interstate like Ding Dong.

I think Sarah did say once as a joke but not a joke that Jono was too scared to leave his house because of Covid.

Very sad to hear. Vale Jono Coleman.

"We will pay tribute to him on Monday in the best way we know how. "

7 Likes

ABC - ABC News has a report coming up soon.

Jonathan Coleman, radio and television presenter, dies aged 65

Australian radio and television personality Jonathan ‘Jono’ Coleman has died, after living for four years with prostate cancer.

He was 65.

Coleman had a long and distinguished media career both in Australia and his native Britain, and was most recently a presenter on Studio 10 on Network 10.

In 2015, he was awarded an OAM for his services to the broadcast media industry and to the community.

In a statement, his wife, Margot, said Coleman recently told her he wanted to be remembered “for doing a good deed every day”.

“Jono and I have been soulmates for close to 40 years. We have been fortunate to live a rich and wonderful life and I have been lucky enough to watch up-close someone with enormous talent and the special gift to make people laugh,” Ms Coleman said.

Coleman first burst onto TV screens in 1979 as part of the original line-up of Simon Townsend’s Wonder World, and two years later started presenting radio show Off The Record with Ian ‘Dano’ Rogerson.

The show quickly gained cult status and ‘Jono and Dano’ were snapped up by Triple M in 1984 to present the nighttime show, which they took to number 1.

Coleman was a high-profile radio presenter in England for 16 years and worked for BBC London, Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Radio and Heart 106.2.

After returning to Australia, he partnered with presenter Julia Zemiro to present The Jonathan Coleman Experience on WSFM.

Most recently, Jonathan presented a weekly show with longtime triple j friend Jon Vidler on community radio’s Northside Radio 99.3FM (The Two Jons).

His TV credits include the Late Night with Jono and Dano show, Hey, Hey It’s Saturday, Have a Go, as well as London correspondent for Channel 7’s Sunrise.

He was active in the community and helped many organisations, including Radio for the Print Handicapped, the School for the Deaf and Blind, the Schizophrenia Research Institute, Carers’ Australia and most recently the Movember Foundation.

Coleman died on Friday night in Sydney with Margot and children Oscar and Emily by his side.

V/O report just aired on the 1pm news

1 Like

So gutted by this news. Grew up watching Jono on Wonder World and Jono & Dano. And such an amazing career on UK radio.

Rest in peace.

4 Likes

I liked him in studio ten he had such a fun personality never heard him on radio though . Rip. Hope he’s entertaining all the way up in heaven. God speed Jono.

The first part of the tweet from 10:

From his son:

Vale Jono Coleman

From Robbo:

From Jess Rowe:

From Ang Bishop:

2 Likes

Heartbroken about Jono. Rest in Peace.