Random Radio

It is crazy frequency to use back in the 70s. I am sure there could of been a better frequency.

I guess what would i know ABC Newsradio is on 98.1 on the Central Coast in more recent times :slight_smile: .

1 Like

LOL, 2RPH sounds like it isn’t true stereo on DAB+ so I’d be very surprised if it was in AM Stereo!

2 Likes

I think the 2RPH translator at Kings Cross is only Mono, their Newcastle translator is only Mono, so that’s why it surprised me that 1224 would suddenly be in AM Stereo.

3 Likes

Yes it’s a very congested part of the AM band in Central Eastern NSW-ACT

In a straight line almost, south to north, we have 1206 Canberra, 1215 Bowral, 1224 Sydney and 1233 Newcastle. And 1206 again up at Grafton.

4 Likes

Found a couple of NEW FM charts from 1990 in my cupboard this morning. NEW was the only one I recall being on glossy paper.

I used to have a whole folder of them, including 2NX and some Victorian ones. Wish I still had them!

9 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Jonathon Coleman - 1956-2020

whats the deal with the Hobart FM frequency auction? i got an email from vision asking for cash to build a warchest to potently buy it

ok i can comfirm that they are going after 104.3

3 Likes

There’s a few songs on this list that you could include in the ‘Songs Lost to Radio’ thread:
“Hanky Panky” Madonna
“Tell Me a Story” 1927
“I Need Your Body” Tina Arena😊

4 Likes

At least two of those have been played on The Mechie Show before it adopted a Prog rock format

2 Likes

There’s a lot of songs in that 1990 chart that I haven’t heard for years!
And in some cases, that’s a good thing :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t see ‘Check Out The Chicken’ on that list!

1 Like

But you do see Amanda by Craig McLachlan.

2 Likes

I am sure the local High Power Christian Station, Ultra 106.5, will be exceptionally happy to have someone else potentially moving into their turf…

3 Likes

Fictitious station on upcoming 7mate show “Australia’s Sexiest Tradie”.

6 Likes

Strange one, I heard when tomorrow comes by The Eurythmics at the same just after 7pm on SWR 99.9 and hhh fm 100.1. Should I buy lotto? The chances of that happening is small with community radio.

4 Likes

It’s still a reasonably popular song, WSFM plays it a fair bit still.

But yes, less likely to hear a 35 year song on two different stations at once than say, a Justin Bieber song.

The more unique aspect being that these two stations are right next to each other on the dial as well, and add up to exactly 200.0 mhz!

2 Likes

yes very close to each other on the dial. If it was smooth and ws fm then yeah it is a higher chance of being played at the same time. In the old days it may of been on purpose.

2 Likes

Don’t listen to radio at work anymore.Listen to my own tunes ,Apple Music or Spotify playlists on my Bluetooth speaker.
Don’t have to put up with ,yap ,yap ,yap every mornings for now😊,the guy I was working with who wants to listen to Triple M all day is working in another section

5 Likes

Gus Worland is apparently joining K&J tomorrow as a guest.

What’s the standpoint on hosts from the opposition joining as guests?

Has it happened often? I know Richard Wilkins has appeared as a guest on other stations in the past…

2 Likes
3 Likes