Studio 10

Sarah’s probably catching some Zzzz’s :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

NAIDOC logo on Studio 10 weather.

10 Likes

No Sarah again. Beau filling in. He said he had his first AZ vaccine shot this week.

Poor Natasha she has to read the indigenous names on the weather today.

Why poor Natasha? That’s her job.

Amanda Jason, Josh Holt and Kate Freebairn have been reading them as part of 10’s NAIDOC Week.

3 Likes

How long did it take her to pronounce the co-workers name? lol its not her strong point

30 posts were split to a new topic: Jonathon Coleman - 1956-2020

4 Likes

Teary start to the show this morning.

13 Likes

The format of this show is so messy. Sometimes it’s three of them, sometimes two. Then, suddenly Angela is next to Sarah. Not that I’m complaining there. The emotional intro from Sarah was touching but the lumps on either side of her sort of detracted from it. Get Ang in there- someone who knew Jono and is clearly more affected by his passing. Could have also used Jono’s VO in the opener today- the one they used to use on the show. Execution missing some oversight.

The 10ish minute tribute package at the start of the show though was really nice.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t even know why Beau is there? He did his weekly shift on Friday. If its a show all about Jono then he’s just gonna be set decoration for 4 hours.

7 Likes

Nice of them to revive Jeanie Little for the tribute

1 Like

Opener

1 Like

What are you throwing at the television?

There are times to criticise Studio 10. This isn’t one of them.

4 Likes

Agree. Earlier they crossed to a “showbiz” segment for 1 short item about Caitlin Jenner, and then went to an ad break. Why bother? Just promo what’s coming up and do a number of stories after the ads.

I don’t mind the style of the show, but it could certainly be a lot smoother - the changes hit you like a truck.

1 Like

It’s a trick to force you to watch the ad break.

2 Likes

Beau Ryan made an interesting comment to Sarah following vision of the old Studio 10 team dressed up as each other for halloween: “Do you reckon we should do that again… before we get cancelled”.

9 Likes

Isn’t it? Jono was about the only drawcard for me to watch the show in the last few years. That was the case again today. Given this was the first time I’ve sampled the show in a good six months, today was my chance to assess the format. Plus, my criticism was about their tribute today to Jono. Sarah was emotional in the opener, which made me teary. But, the moment was detracted by an unemotional and silent Tristan (at least he’s consistent) and Beau disingenuously interrupting that he came in today to pay tribute. I wasn’t throwing but shouting at the TV to do a tight shot of Sarah.

But don’t get me wrong- they had some great guests and touching and fitting highlights throughout the show and in the closer. Overall, it was nicely done. I’m just glad they brought Ang in next to Sarah to takeover for the most part.

1 Like
3 Likes

Does Beau know something we don’t?