#jacketgate

@JBar One of the first things l said when this happened was l thought these ladies had underlying issues, that would explain why Amber’s tone towards Julie was so rude.
But hey l’m just speculating!

1 Like

[quote=“Salty, post:148, topic:2415”]
One of the first things l said when this happened was l thought these ladies had underlying issues, that would explain why Amber’s tone towards Julie was so rude. But hey l’m just speculating![/quote]
It felt like that for me too, right from the start.

Nine would be mad if they didn’t capatilise on this.

2 Likes

You’re making a lot of assumptions, potentially libelous, about the situation.

As I said previously this is more about Amber’s conduct. You just don’t berate or discipline a colleague or subordinate in full view of other people even if said colleague is being deliberately defiant… which we don’t know if she is or not. Do the segment, then take the issue offline to the privacy of a closed office or an environment where nobody has to witness it. Because this is what happens… it becomes gossip and in this case everyone now knows about it and it’s snowballed and who looks bad here… it’s not Julie.

Because also what were the wardrobe people doing while all this was going on? Are they not doing their job if on air talent needs to comply to a certain dress code. Why throw Julie under the bus for another staff’s mistake?

4 Likes

Amber was mostly talking to the ether most of the vid. she tells Julie to get a jacket, Julie gets all on the defensive, Amber then tries to fix the situation by asking where the wardrobe people are and she can call them. she tells someone (not Julie) there’s a jacket on the back of the door and to get it. Meanwhile Julie says “ill just leave then” knowing full well the next segment wouldn’t not have gone ahead. how flat out can you be not to grab a jacket? Amber even said to Sandy that she already explained herself (being a guest in another state or perhaps Amber was respecting her elder/equal?) Julie is obviously well liked by the bosses, why she’s been promoted so quickly and probably thinks she can do whatever she wants.

1 Like

Do people on here even have jobs?

This sort of stuff happens every day in offices all over the place. I’m not saying that makes it okay but Amber is hardly the first person to ever have a go at somebody junior to them when a simple request is ignored.

At the end of the day it comes down to office culture. Even the nicest person in the world can become horrible in the wrong environment.

8 Likes

Some discussion is okay.

Global humiliation, threats against her and her family etc…not okay.

6 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks the Tim Worner scandal worthy of more discussion than this?

8 Likes

you’re probably right but that was last month’s scandal… the outrage bus has moved on :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It would have if there was footage

7 Likes

Amber Sherlock is just another journalist in the Nine newsroom. As a senior journalist she should be setting an example to other employees on how to behave and be professional in the workplace. She isn’t a producer, chief of staff or news director. She isn’t a wardrobe stylist, either. She stepped outside her bounds and that is the reason why she was hauled before management last Friday to explain herself.

If somebody I worked with spoke to me like that I’d be defensive and would probably want to remove myself from the confrontation before it escalated. If a superior was going to berate me about something I did wrong I would hope they would have the courtesy to drag themselves away from their mobile device before they did so and give me their full attention.

I thought Sandy Rea’s reaction to the situation was very telling. At first she thinks it is funny but quickly realises Sherlock is dead serious and is clearly horrified at the way she is conducting herself. Sherlock was rude and unprofessional and something tells me the video was leaked because this isn’t the first time she has behaved this way. If Ken Sutcliffe, Jo Hall or Peter Overton had been joining her for “the chat room” that day you can bet she wouldn’t have spoken to them like that.

18 Likes

Many assumptions are being made and None of us know the history between these two
Enough is more then enough on this subject. It’s entirely an issue between two employees & their employers. What any one wants to think on the subject is irrelevant, their respective supervisors/bosses & HR people are the only ones who will decide what happens with the issue.
It’s well and truly time to get over it IMO.

Nail on the head! Totally agree.

Haha, what a strange take away from viewing that clip. She “seems” to “have a senior role” so “that’s that”. You wouldn’t somehow know Amber personally, would you?

Nonsense, I work in a high pressure environment and that sort of interaction would never occur. It is SO unbelievably unprofessional and childish.

Maybe that’s the problem here. Why people are seeing different issues. People that work in the media industry in Australia are immature? Young kids from TAFEs? To everyone else, those of us that actually work in professional environments, it’s horrifying.

1 Like

Top story on another American show it was discussed on the episode of The Talk that aired on Ten this morning… turned into a funny skit with all of the ladies on the panel wearing black and the moderator (Julie) calling the ladies bitches…:joy:
Julie said even she is scared of that lady (Amber).

2 Likes

I’ve worked in a number of workplaces (I’m very old) and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone berate a colleague like she did. It’s certainly not standard or daily practice anywhere I’ve worked.

2 Likes

So Ten must be airing new episodes of ‘The Talk’ then.

I thought all of the CBS syndicated shows were from at least 5 months ago, like Dr. Phil.

1 Like

Amber Sherlock wearing “blue” today on 9 News Now.

6 Likes

What a cheerful looking group.:confused:

12 Likes

I notice Sandy Rae drizzled chocolate on last week’s white blouse today to avoid any chance of clashing. :wink:

13 Likes

Grand Slum? More like Grand GLUM.

I’ll see myself out.

3 Likes

Is she wearing an actual chain around her neck?

3 Likes