#jacketgate

Covered by everyone from the BBC to Fox now. :laughing:

1 Like

Yep, Sherlock has to go. Nine will probably take the slow route with her.

1 Like

I’m hoping the jacket is donated to the National Museum of Australia.

3 Likes

I think we should all take a listen to this:

The panel raise some great points.

4 Likes

Yep, time to move on.

2 Likes

Well @nationalnews video is #11 on Youtube trending!

5 Likes

It is certainly up there in the top 10 “Where were you when you heard about?” moments alongside the moon landing, the JFK assassination, 9/11, the death of Princess Diana, etc.

Wasn’t born yet, wasn’t born yet, just woke up, sitting in the lounge room.

3 Likes

Personally, and this puts me in the very small minority here, (and also not to just be Devils Advocate…) But I think Amber was completely justified and in the right. Yes, not many people see it that way. Amber apparently is in a position of authority on that program. It’s her job to ensure the professional nature of the presentation. She tells a subordinate to do something. Reporter - either willingly or unwillingly - doesn’t comply. She tells her off and repeats the order. No problem.

1 Like

Now we know those smiles are all fake

11 Likes

Nonsense, Amber is thrilled that she’s the only one wearing dark purple

4 Likes

Will Julie Snook ever be on he chat room again?

1 Like

Not born, not born, sleeping like a kid, i can’t remember my infancy. BUT GOLLY GOD I know where I was when I heard the news of this, I was - wait I already forgot

1997? Infancy?

Well now I feel ancient

2 Likes

Well yeah, we know Julie didn’t comply. Otherwise she would have had a green jacket on and there wouldn’t be a story.

That’s not in issue, or what people are concerned about. Moot point.

There actually is a problem “telling someone off” when there other people around… in this case with at least one other panellist and whatever number of studio crew, and cameras pointed at them. Have words to the reporter, fine, but it’s not professional to do it in view of an audience. Do it in private or off camera or whatever.

5 Likes

OK this IS to be Devil’s Advocate…

A few little things in the video tell me Amber was totally justified. Again, this is my opinion. Sorry if it offends.

Julie’s first reaction was to ‘feign’ surprise or pretend to be surprised when she looks down and notices that she’s wearing white… like it’s they first time she ever heard that. Deliberately disregarded Amber 2 hours ago?

Second - her immediate response is not to say “OK, I’ll get a jacket now - (we’re in the commercial break before the segment)”. It’s to say “I have been flat out”. Which is to, AGAIN, refuse to do what Amber requested, and betlittle Amber’s authority in making that call.

Third - she says, oh, about ten times: “IF it’s an issue”. In other words, rather than simply follow a directive, she continually questions the idea that it’s an issue in the first place, disregards her superiour’s judgment and throws it back at her (in her “I’m an innocent victim” way).

Everything about Julie’s comments (from her “I’m actually wearing blue” to “I can just get on out of here”) shows she’s not a team player.

3 Likes

I actually agree with you, jens. I think Amber’s tone was pretty terrible, but it’s obvious Julie ignored Amber’s simple request. Her “I can just leave” attitude was pretty terrible.

I don’t agree with that at all. Amber seems to have a senior role with the program, so that’s that. We’re not here to say “oh, isn’t she just the newsreader?” Second, it IS about the outfits. Amber wanted a professional program (and we can argue all you like, but in their eyes that is NOT three ladies in white… for what it’s worth, I thought they looked better like that, anyway…). Amber also wanted the “wardrobe girls” to not be criticised or mocked for not doing their job. Amber had the show in mind. Julie was just thinking about what she wanted.

As to whether Amber was rude or not… first, they are in the commercial break before the segment. There’s PRESSURE. Second, when you’re faced with an employee who undermines you, yeah, you’re gonna get some blowback.

Some assumptions are being made and you don’t know the history between these two either.

2 Likes