#jacketgate

That sadly may be the case but the problem is the incident being public knowledge has damaged the reputations of Sherlock and Nine News. You could argue rightly or wrongly that if Nine doesn’t take some sort of action, some would argue that they ‘condone’ such behaviour which will no doubt result in another cycle of un-wanted negative attention

3 Likes

i just read an article by Claire Harvey and she said Amber is a senior news reporter and Julie a junior. Is that true? Because if so in any work situation a junior has to abide by the seniors rules in which Amber clearly told her to get a jacket for the segment hours beforehand and instead of just doing so she argued with her about being busy and she would step out minutes before the segment which always has three guests was about to go to air. to me that seems unprofessional.

It’s not about the 2.5 hrs, the jackets, who’s senior, the guest, the fact it’s summer, or the white tops.

Amber’s tone was totally inappropriate. That’s the issue.

7 Likes

For once I actually agree with you here.

“Did you just make a presenter swim across Sydney harbour to buy a dress?”

“Yeah but she wore a white dress like me and that’s against the rules”

“Oh ok cool”

3 Likes

Married At First Sight as classy as ever

3 Likes

Amber was apparently called in for a meeting with Darren Wicks and HR representives on Friday would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that chat!
It was like a mother and daughter having a disagreement Amber’s tone was like she was talking to a naughty little girl who had disobeyed her orders.
Julie handled herself very well to be able to put on the fake smile and be professional on air,but probably fuming inside after that encounter.

4 Likes

It’s possible that Julie handled it well because she has been through it before - “here we go again”.

7 Likes

Sure looked like it. Probably why someone leaked it too.

7 Likes

Maybe the way to resolve this situation of national importance would be a one hour special televised debate moderated by Tracy Grimshaw. Both Amber and Julie can put forward their points of view, then Karl and Lisa can lead an open panel discussion on workplace bullying. Ratings would be huge.

7 Likes

I’m worried they actually will

2 Likes

I managed to do a quick gag of the whole #jacketgate when I was leading at church this morning, as all our singers by coincidence turned up wearing blue clothes. During the service I “rudely” told one of them they really needed to go off and get a jacket and we played it up like Amber and Julie did.

We had a wide mix of old and young people there today and yet literally everyone knew exactly what we were referencing. I was surprised how mainstream the whole thing has become.

2 Likes

It’s this years blue and gold dress.

1 Like

Oh dear. Another dopey article from Fairfax. Potentially even dumber than Clementine’s?

You know, I’ve always thought myself to have very reasonable, common-sense, middle of the road views. In recent years left-wing politics in the UK, US and now Australia has taken a very violent and dramatic shift to the left where reason and logic now have no place in debate, with intolerance and outrage having taken their place. With such dopey political discourse requiring a new intensity of criticism, I have been ferociously attacked by the likes of JBar and matlock on these boards for very reasonable and mainstream views.

Tell me, am I losing my marbles, or is this the most batshit crazy piece of “journalism” you have ever seen?

The fervour and vigour of the response to the Nine News leaked footage has been an absolutely fantastic display of women-hating.

It’s nice to see that in 2017 belittling women in the workplace, or in any place, is still defiantly loud and proud.

Jacketgate makes me sick to my stomach. It’s insulting, dismantling and derogatory.

Jacketgate has been a very unpleasant incident for everyone.

Best part I’ve saved until last. The fruit cake actually contradicts herself in the same piece of writing.

At the end of the day, it was a perfectly reasonable exchange.

The clash over a jacket is not the nicest of exchanges but it’s an understandable one.

Similar to conversation that’s taking place regarding reputational damage to BuzzFeed - when is it finally time to call out Fairfax for what it has now become - nothing more than moronic online clickbait?

That article aside, you really are blind.

Middle of the road and mainstream. You really are hilarious. :laughing:

[quote=“Firetorch, post:120, topic:2415”]
In recent years left-wing politics in the UK, US and now Australia has taken a very violent and dramatic shift to the left where reason and logic now have no place in debate, with intolerance and outrage having taken their place.[/quote]
Just replace ‘left’ with ‘right’ and that is exactly what the people who think differently to you intensely believe.

[quote=“JBar, post:121, topic:2415”]
Middle of the road and mainstream. You really are hilarious. :laughing:[/quote]

That’s fine, you don’t have to agree. I consider myself to have those views though. Different members of my family vote for both Liberal and Labour and I live in an area between marginally Liberal and marginally Labor polling places. I’m therefore exposed to a very even spread of middle-ground views.

Oh, I’m sure that’s what those on the far-left think. That’s not what normal, sane people in the middle think though. In the US, the battleground states have just delivered Trump an ~80 vote win. The Conservatives in the UK less than 2 years ago thumped Labour by ~100 seats. In Australia, the Liberals have won more seats than Labour in 6 of the last 7 elections.

That is, the middle, swinging voter is so far away from left-wing politics as to be unbelievable that you can’t see this. Blinkers off!

You completely ignore the fact that more people voted for the Democrats in the United States than did Republicans. Fact. The Liberal/National parties only just scraped through to beat Labor and form government last year. Fact. The government is being held to ransom by crossbenchers and Labor right now and is the furthest it has ever been frim right-wing politics. Fact.

The truth is, it is more of a 50/50 split these days than it has ever been. To believe otherwise is just kidding yourself. If you surround yourself with like-minded people then you are missing half the picture.

1 Like

Right of reply: I agree with you on literally 70% of the things you say so I only “ferociously attack” you when I hold another viewpoint to yours and want to let it be represented here. You have the freedom to express your side and that’s fine, but don’t for a second argue others with differing opinions should shut up. Constructive discussion only works if there’s multiple viewpoints contributing favourably.

Further, as J Bar said, rhetoric from “your side” has become equally as forceful and patronising. I understand that some aspects of the left have become detached with the concerns of ordinary folk, but I don’t really have much time for partisan fuckery however. Feminism in and of itself isn’t a smear; many benefits derive from it. Stop generalising a small portion of it to represent the views of all who call themselves feminists.

It would be nice to see you come down and actually recognise I’m not an enemy.

Now, can we stop this nonsense?

1 Like

This has gone in some wild directions.

Can we please get back to talking about, uh, the jacket?

5 Likes

I think it was black, can’t remember after all these posts.

After 121 posts on here, I think the jacket deserves to be preserved so future generations can look upon it and learn about the gravity of this world-changing event.

2 Likes