#jacketgate

Who leaked the footage of the Nine presenters?

News.com.au understands the video was emailed around the Nine newsroom, before being leaked to Mumbrella.

“It was hugely embarrassing and Amber will be demanding answers,” the insider said to news.com.au about the clip from Wednesday.

“There’s no doubt that leaking such a video could be a sackable offence. It made one of their star presenters look nuts and petty. I suspect the IT department will be currently investigating who emailed Mumbrella [where the footage first appeared] yesterday afternoon.”

“Amazingly, wardrobe is probably the most debated issue for presenters,” the insider said.

“Producers often wish that some presenters cared as much about the content as they do about the colour of their top.”

10 Likes

@CBR Amber has unlocked her twitter account this morning.

1 Like

And back on Instagram. A post from late December:

It’s her own fault. She shouldn’t be demanding anything.

Personally I don’t think it was that embarrassing. Non story.

3 Likes

Sophie Walsh also presenting weather in Sydney tonight.

1 Like

Studio 10 had some fun with it with an emergency jacket rushed out for Sarah to wear.

19 Likes

:confused: “Journalists”

1 Like

I still feel for Amber a little, it’s very embarrasing for her & could be damaging for her career in the future.

Especially for someone who’s been around since the mid-90s & Ch 9 still haven’t found anything great for her :confused:

2 Likes

Some of the comments people are posting on her Instagram have gone too far, especially when they include her children.

10 Likes

@LukeMovieMan sorry disagree Nine has her in a high profile role on nightly bulletin in Sydney plus national exposure on Nine News Now,l’m sure many in the newsroom would be envious of the roles she currently has.
What would be great for her in your opinion Luke?

I do actually feel for her as some people on social media have gone way too far.
The reality is, this kind of thing goes on all the time behind the scenes eg Sandra Sully & Hugh Riminton having a tiff, Samantha Armytage having a hissy fit at the make up artist, Lisa and Karl going at it etc etc. all those stories were leaked to the media. The difference is, unfortunately for Amber, due to th video, the public got to see her in full flight for themselves. It has certainly damaged her image.

9 Likes

In a couple of days people will have moved on. It’s an embarrassing bump, that’s all I think.

2 Likes

Peter Stefanovic will be presenting Sydney’s 6pm news tonight.

5 Likes

@Tom_TV7 Peter is actually covering Allison Langdon’s maternity leave on 60 Minutes.

1 Like

Thank-god it is not Ben Fordham!

3 Likes

Personally, I think this leaked video will be to Amber Sherlock what those (albeit, unintentionally in this case) leaked blooper/outtake tapes were to Naomi Robson many years ago. As I’m sure we all know, Naomi’s career never really recovered from that fiasco and she no longer has a regular role on television.

Luckily for Nine this leak has come during the middle of Summer so if they wished to, they could probably successfully do a positive spin on a presenter change for Nine News Now and Sydney weather by the start of the 2017 ratings season and not get hurt too much in the ratings.

Again I ask the question…why has Nine not been using Jayne Azzopardi as a fill-in presenter on Sydney’s 6pm news this Summer?!

4 Likes

The leaker has been identified.

[quote]The network has reportedly found the person responsible for releasing that explosive footage of Amber Sherlock berating her colleague Julie Snook, according to a source who spoke to The Daily Telegraph.

It’s understood Nine is deciding what action to take against the person
[/quote]
Herald Sun: https://t.co/fe7bgz2h9r

So when is Amber next scheduled to front the camera?

Sunday night on the news for Sydney’s weather.

Bookies should be taking bets on which colour she will be wearing…