#jacketgate

Considering that in Australia, unlike the UK for example, insignificant news rolls on for days and days and weeks as there is no other hot topic to replace it - why shouldn’t it be covered?

Whoever released the video from inside 9 obviously wanted to highlight Amber’s behaviour - he/she didn’t do it to give everyone a laugh. Why should bad behaviour, and the fact Nine tolerates it, be swept under the rug?

The Weekly with Charlie Pickering perpetuated the joke by suggesting Charlie, Kitty and Tom were too much white for their show. :laughing:

4 Likes

Seriously? It’s about time we move on.

7 Likes

I didn’t know we had to consult you as to when to post and when not to. @JBar, apologise.

They came up with the joke two weeks ago, then had to use it on the first episode back as Pickering couldn’t think of anything new. I think that’s it!!

1 Like

I think the criticism is being aimed at The Weekly, the so called “topical” comedy show, rather than @JBar for pointing it out

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

No issues at Sky News, Credlin would ensure that.

2 Likes

It seems the #jacketgate leaker has been found but there will be no action since it was an on-air talent. :open_mouth:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/why-the-leaker-of-infamous-channel-9-video-will-not-be-fired/news-story/c255794d7bbef1ca799b20077d187ecd

3 Likes

I wonder who did it?

1 Like

Well if it really was somebody on-air, we may never know. Or at least until they write their memoirs. :laughing:

1 Like

I thought we had shut the gate on #jacketgate :grinning:

The person that was potentially to be fired IIRC was the person who sent it to Mumbrella rather than the one who circulated it via internal email (assuming they were different people).

quite the contrary, if it’s somebody on air we can surmise very easily who it was! haha

1 Like

Or until it is leaked by somebody at Mumbrella…

Have to wonder how tenable the leaker’s position is if everybody around the office knows what they did.

1 Like

It would seem to me that the clip must have been sent to dozens of internal staff, since Nine can’t seem to find out which of those then sent it onto Mumbrella.

Whoever sent it externally must have used their own mobile phone to do this as to cover their tracks.

1 Like

It sounds like they have actually found out which staff member it was who sent it out. But they don’t want to discipline them because they are well-known, on-air talent.

4 Likes

Who has that sort of pull? There’s one obvious name that comes to mind.

It ain’t easy bein’ green.

4 Likes

Was she forced to put on that jacket? Because “blue and green should not be seen unless there’s something in between” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes