ITV News (UK)

1 Like

What a little bitch

4 Likes

I’m a little shocked he caved so easily - but then again he always came across as someone more then happy to give it but never liked taking it.

2 Likes

“Journalists as a bunch tend to be pretty thin-skinned. They dish it out to other people but they hate having anyone come after them. Rarely does anybody take it well or with good humour.” Paul Barry MediaWatch 14 May 2018

“Never let facts get in the way of good old-fashioned prejudice.” Paul Barry MediaWatch 21 May 2018

1 Like

You do wonder why he didn’t wait t reply

That reaction really made him look think-skinned. It was almost like when a bully is constantly harassing and gets challenged, he turns to water and runs away.

3 Likes

On my Facebook feed Piers is the second biggest story after Meghan.
US, UK, Hollywood, AU news outlets all feature him heavily.
Brilliant marketing ploy for his move to GB News

He seems proud of himself. News reports are saying he quit rather than apologise for his comments. He knows what he’s doing and this is brilliant marketing for his next role.

I worry this new GB News channel will turn out to be as divisive and destructive as Fox News.

2 Likes

There’s something about this that feels to be a manufactured outcomE, whether he ends up at GB News or not will be something to watch out for

Probably the most talked about broadcaster in the world right now. Just the kind of thing a start up network would love

Who’s just thrown basically an adult tantrum, such a great look

The incident (and Morgan) have got way more publicity out of this they deserve

2 Likes

As much as Morgan keeps claiming his ‘departure’ is a ‘free speech’ issue, it’s clear that the issue is his dismissal/belittling of the claims Meghan made about her mental health

3 Likes

Agree.

The Chair of ITV also strongly disagreed with the comments regarding suicide.

Plus the regulator.

Love US reporters getting outaged about OFCOM, confusing freedom of speech with outrageous speech on public airwaves. If only they spoke to Howard Stern about how much freedom of speech he had on terrestrial radio.

5 Likes

Funny how those who are so insistent that they “quit” their jobs they left suddenly are also so vocal about being “cancelled”.

No doubt about it he was basically fired, although his contract was soon up for renewal anyway as he’d signed a one year extension around this time last year.

It’s very likely they’ll just replace him in the short term by using the talent they have and the one or two regular stand ins they’ve used in recent years, and as the show isn’t afraid to have two females anchor the show they can use their team quite flexibly. If they bring in someone new, and I think long term they need another male anchor, they likely won’t start till September I imagine.

2 Likes

It’s bizarre behaviour

2 Likes

I reckon Alex Beresford should host with Susanna next week. He is one of the most talked about people in the UK, ITV would be mad not to at least give him a go IMO.

Highly doubt Ben Sheppard would want to go back to a five day week (him cutting his days back allowed Piers to join the show in 2015), due to his charity, sport and Tipping Point commitments. I also doubt Kate Garroway would want to do five days again, because her husband has been battling COVID for the last year (really sad story).

Alex has been a weather anchor on GMB for years, and hosted for the first time last year during the UK summer.
I reckon he did a better job than Adil Ray and Sean Fletcher, who normally fill-in.
Can understand why he didn’t yesterday, as it probably would’ve been uncomfortable him sitting there while Susanna was addressing the issue at the start of the show (or he may simply have not been available).

1 Like

lol presenter more like.

I think at best Alex might occassionally fill in on Thu/Fri with Ben moving up to Mon-Wed, depending on his Tipping Point commitments. He cut down to 2 days a week to film that, but considering they’ve been airing “new” episodes since September and are yet to air any episodes filmed with Covid precautions, despite it being one of the first shows back in production, they must have a significant number in the can so even if he is filming it at the moment they may be able to scale back if needs be.

TBH Easter is coming up anyway and Piers usually has 3-4 weeks off over Easter, so they’ve probably got most of the next month sorted anyway.

1 Like

No Susanna today.

They really need to hold onto her. Don’t let her slip away.

1 Like

I think Susanna presents Mon-Wed only anyway

2 Likes