ITV News (UK)

Pretty unprofessional to do that. He does make valid points, but when Piers does this stuff, it makes me sad. He would be an effective communicator and he would find that people would agree with him, but his antics make him look like a loon. He’s the British equivalent of Paul Murray.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves ITV and turns up on that new right leaning GB News channels as a commentator.

5 Likes

Who would have thought Piers Morgan is the very thing he hates (ie; a ‘snowflake’)…

1 Like

He seems like an idiot.

2 Likes

Makes Paul Murray look innocent and thats saying something about his bones.

2 Likes

The main GMB presenters come in at 6.30am.
This video is at 6:38am
He lasted 8 minutes :joy:

6 Likes

I like the BBC presenter’s response to what happened at GMB :joy:

2 Likes

Based on the reaction of other ITV staff, I think his days might be numbered.

2 Likes

Piers Morgan departing with immediate effect.

5 Likes

:partying_face:

6 Likes

It was an awkward episode to watch Susanna seemed pretty pissed off with him.

2 Likes

I’ve always felt a little sorry for Susanna because of the way Morgan consistently shuts her down when she tries to offer an opinion and talks over the top of her. She increasingly looks awkward and uncomfortable in his presence and performs much better on the days he isn’t present. I don’t think his colleagues will miss him.

I have watched GMB on occasion because I enjoy watching Piers in action. His bluster and bombast is something to behold when he is in full flight on topics he is passionate about. I think the show will suffer in the ratings without him. It is quite bland when the second tier presenters are on.

8 Likes

It’ll be fascinating to see what direction the show goes in now. Morgan’s presence over the past few years has helped the show become competitive with BBC Breakfast so ITV probably wants to find an ‘outspoken’ (though ‘less controversial’) person to replace him. It’s hard to know though who that person could be

5 Likes

I am agreeing with you on this one. He does dominate asks questions to her then when she answers he interrupts her and any other hosts who dare not agree with him. Quite frankly
I’m surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Could it be a possibility that Piers Morgan goes to GB news to host a new program like what he did at CNN.

A very sombre opening to the 6.30 half hour on GMB. Susanna Reid trying to be diplomatic and not upset Piers Morgan’s critics or his fans. She did make it seem like it wasn’t entirely Morgan’s decision to leave with the words “something had to be done” in connection to the number of complaints the show had received. They’d had their highest ratings ever on Monday and she gave him credit for getting people to tune in to hear his views.

4 Likes

Here’s a video of the opening you referred to:

Don’t know whether it’s just me but Susanna’s opening statement was strange - it danced around the issue of Morgan’s departure without really addressing it substantively. It felt like it was pre-approved whereas what Ranvir said afterwards felt ‘more natural’

6 Likes

Malcolm Turnbull appearing on GMB throwing in his two cents worth on the “royal crisis” as a republican stating the “Australian head of state should be an Australian citizen”.

3 Likes

God that sounds like something out of Apple TV’s The Morning Show. Very strange.

4 Likes

She seems very pissed off however hard to tell if it’s at him or the network.

1 Like