Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

I have got probably 4-5 versions with the same photo in the past week and a bit - the photo appears to have been changed now.

1 Like

You’d think he could afford a better pair, having got rich and all…

@TV.Cynic I notice the ratings for today aren’t up yet. Is everything okay? No cyber attack again, haha.

2 Likes

Today’s delay is unrelated

See:

It’s not you. I know of people who have chose to stop visiting and participating on this forum for that reason. One thing that I especially don’t like are the few who choose to be smartarses and always give sarcastic responses to belittle the people they are responding to.

15 Likes

Me too. I’ve chosen to not comment in many threads now because I’m sick of reading the same arguments between people or seeing the same smartarses.

10 Likes

Agreed 100%

3 Likes

It’s the smartarses that annoy me. Choosing not to engage in debate and instead just shutting down anyone who doesn’t agree with them. And most of the time I sense they’re just doing it for ‘likes’. How sad.

7 Likes

I’ll be the first to admit that although I am absolutely not against people having their opinions or perspectives, at times I’ve definitely gone a bit further than I should’ve. Perhaps it’s just me being passionate about what I’m discussing and standing by my POV but I do apologise if I’ve offended anyone in our discussions.

Having said that, what I won’t apologise for is if someone is blatantly presenting misinformation or grossly-overexaggerated perspectives to push a particular agenda. For example, that comment about the people of Afghanistan yesterday was just pathetic and highly offensive. That kind of stuff is inconsiderate and shouldn’t be justified just because it’s someone’s opinion. I’ll be working to be more balanced and more considerate in my responses in the future but I will not accept anyone presenting misinformation and justifying it as their opinion.

3 Likes

What thread was this Afghanistan comment on? I must have missed it, but it seems a few are mentioning it

Was it the one along the lines of “Afghanistan is better than Melbourne’s lockdown”?

1 Like

I would suggest that you try not to take examples like this personally, it could well be the timing or the formatting - the post by the other user with similar content was screenshots rather than text / links, and a lot of people don’t bother following links for info, therefore screenshots are going to attract some peoples attention that were otherwise missed by your posts. 2 users liked both posts.

4 Likes

I don’t think you did - everyone seems to be agreeing with you

3 Likes

They’ve taken a liking to Dick Smith, a number of different ads with his image appearing recently.

But did it you rush to the ATM? Apparently you can, but the banks don’t want you to.

3 Likes

It makes sense. Dick Smith is an extremely intelligent man, but his jingoistic stuff over the years has given him a fan club consisting of naive elderly people who are generally quite susceptible to this kind of trifle.

5 Likes

done

1 Like

Cheers :blush: