Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Genuine question. Can you mute/block individual users on here? And if you do, I assume you still see threads but conversations may appear out of whack due to those muted individual responses?

You most certainly can.

Go to your settings and where the drop down says “account” chose “users” then “ignored”

1 Like

Is that option still in the menu? Seems not to be there for me now. @bacco007 @Aurora, any one else with suggestions on what to do?

Threads will indicate where a reply from a muted/ignored user has been hidden - you can click to reveal an individual post should you wish.

1 Like

Total game changer.

Thanks!

I don’t see it on phone.

And I can’t see it on the desktop version, multiple browsers.

I just wanted to clear up some comments I made in one of the coronavirus threads yesterday regarding the story of the man who impersonated an authorised officer and offered a woman sexual favours in return for being released from quarantine.

At the time, I said something along the lines of how I wasn’t sure whether to be angry or to laugh at the situation. I understand if anyone interpreted my comments about laughing as me saying that sexual assault is funny, but I want to set the record straight - that is not what I meant at all. My wording came across the wrong way. I think I was just shocked at how bizarre the situation was and I accept that my comments were wrong.

I have felt pretty bad about this all day so thought it was best I clear it up. I sincerely apologise if anyone was offended.

3 Likes

It should be - I had a look and am having trouble replicating the problem consistently (which suggests theres something odd going on), I’ll have a look over the weekend

1 Like

If you click on the time code on the top right of any post you get a link to that post. Press the orange copy button to get a copy of the link.

1 Like

Don’t know if anyone else is getting them, but this latest ad on the site…. :joy: :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I got this one too :joy:

2 Likes

Hate it and have blocked it.

2 Likes

It’s everywhere and it’s not even pointing to anything! That paint set of sunnies though…

I don’t get how these bogus ads exist.

4 Likes

I can’t say I’ve ever really noticed this “chaos” you speak of? But, good luck! I wish you well. :blush:

1 Like

On my desktop I have an ad blocker so I don’t see these but on mobile… gosh some of the things that end up in there. They are all bogus fake ads

And despite me doing the “don’t show me this ad” it’s still there with a vengeance !

1 Like

I’m getting this add all the time. I try blocking it, but it still comes up.

2 Likes

Looks like Google is losing its battle with the Adsense scammers again.

3 Likes

Seen it so many times - it’s literally at the bottom of this thread

1 Like

I think I saw that same ad but with Dick Smith instead