International Sports Presentation

Spark have reverted to the international graphics for Super Smash

2 Likes

I’m led to believe they have been running a reduced broadcast system for Super Smash games than internationals (fewer camera and perhaps a different graphics/broadcast software), hence why they have been running the different set ups.

1 Like

Various cameras for ESPN during the College Football national championship

1 Like

Back to the other set of graphics today for a match in Dunedin.

I understand that the rig for the test in Christchurch may have been partially left in for the T20s, so graphic system and the like remained the same.

1 Like

I don’t get why the graphics would have to be different. I get having different numbers of cameras, etc. but other than the color, etc, why can’t it be the same?

The way it was explained to me was essentially the difference in tech between what you might see on a live stream online for a Sheffield Shield game versus a test broadcast.
Ie. the resources or how it’s being pulled together in the truck are not as much as usual and maybe using different software so the graphics or broadcast system wasn’t as powerful.

Sorry I can’t be more clearer than that. It’s essentially the only details I’ve got via a source.

2 Likes

Do Sky still own NZ’s biggest OB provider?

They are looking to offload that company (OSB) to NEP, waiting regulatory approval.

TVNZ Have got new graphics for the America’s Cup.

1 Like

Caps?

Does anyone else broadcast this? Or does anyone watch.

I don’t think it’s TVNZ’s graphics, it’s a company that was sued by Russell Coutts and had to change graphics halfway through Christmas break. Think it’s international graphics showed everywhere.

1 Like

What happened?

Russell Coutts got all jealous over graphics that he claimed was his but realistically weren’t. Just a rich man using his rich powers to be an asshole. Company who designs the graphics are in the South Island and have been using the graphics for years but Mr Coutts disagrees

Think it was the graphics for the boundary line he was most concerned about. Which has been changed for the upcoming races.

Caps? Or images?

Isn’t the greatest picture but you can see the boundary line has changed

3 Likes

You can definitely tell these graphics have been rushed, glitchy to say the least. Let’s just make it clear it’s only the boundary line that has been changed, all other graphics are the same.

1 Like

Is that the PRADA for the red line?

1 Like

1 Like

Some caps of the Prada Cup (TVNZ):

1 Like