1 News NZ

Indeed, the airings of ABC World News Tonight on SBS at 12.30pm are fresher than this in most timezones of Australia!

1 Like

Do they still use satellites? Surely it would be easier to send via the internet?

1 Like

@foxyrover For me, the answer is yes. International news coverage comes in via satellite and most television networks use satellites in order to access content from overseas.

2 Likes

@TVHead It’s evening on America’s east coast (i.e. New York) and it’s afternoon here in New Zealand (NZST/NZDT). ABC World News Tonight is beamed in via satellite just a few hours earlier, although the content remains fresh.

1 Like

It’ll be 12:30 in NZ when WNT airs its first feed and they usually do an update for western viewers immediately afterwards at 13:00. That’s 4.5 hours. They’re better off pulling down Nightline live at 18:30.

3 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: International Sports Presentation

I’m just going to drop this here. This is the Seven Sharp opening theme currently in use. I used @mediareview 30 second track they posted with another section of a track posted on Vimeo and created this 1 minute theme.

5 Likes

@NaruTVMock I wish they would use this.

Wendy’s last night hosting TVNZ1 News at Six over the summer break, funny enough this is where I tune off from news completely. After watching Wendy these past weeks I completely do not understand why they chose Simon

5 Likes

Agreed in full, hopefully there will be a shake up of presenters!

3 Likes

With all due respect to Wendy - who I like as a 6pm reader - she’s not overly versatile.
She’s not a great adlibber (as seen on some of the Covid updates during lockdown), doesn’t really report well from the field either.

Simon can do those things pretty well.

4 Likes

1 news is getting a new Australian reporter Andrew Macfarlane, job previously held by Ryan Boswell

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKMu3sIMxj0/?igshid=1roojm2shwypb

6 Likes

Breakfast will start early this Thursday 5:30am due to the inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

4 Likes

Da fuck

9 Likes

I thought the image tile was a mistake or had cached or something, but turns out it’s correct.

Sounds very strange, they needed to have come up with a better way to sell this show.

1 Like

Neighbours from hell, but promote it like it’s The Bachelorette. Got it.

4 Likes

Finally some competition to Tracy!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m confused. Is this new “A Current Affair” show set to air on TVNZ 2 going to be a nightly or weekly show?

Either way, content such as this…

…sounds pretty similar to the calibre of stories that Aussies see on Nine’s ACA.

1 Like

Just Sunday night I’m pretty sure

2 Likes

(Thread title)

…and all TVNZ news productions