International Sports Presentation

What is the big deal in having host broadcaster mics broadcast in other countries? Not like they are a competitor.

1 Like

ESPN’s College Football Playoff Bowl graphics

3 Likes

Tennis Channel’s coverage of the United Cup 2022/23

1 Like

Willow Cricket Xtra

2 Likes

World Fishing Network

2 Likes

These are just Watermarks, not the actual presentation

1 Like

It happened again at the loss of the second wicket and this time we got the full countdown.
Sky switched to Fox at the end before going back to 7 a short time later.

https://streamable.com/bfka2q

1 Like

I think the wicket timer is only for international broadcast since I haven’t seen it before on 7’s broadcast

1 Like
2 Likes

I’ve never seen it before tonight and it definitely wasn’t meant to be full screen - my best guess is maybe it’s provided for the third umpire and perhaps the commentators on an internal feed but it accidentally got sent out on the world feed?

2 Likes

7 having issues with their score bug for the 2nd innings today. They have a make shift ‘7cricket score’ on the top left corner.

I wonder if the international feeds have changed to the Fox broadcast or keeping 7’s ‘host feed’

1 Like

Sky NZ switched five overs in…they weren’t being supplied the makeshift score.

2 Likes

From what I have seen, most had Fox broadcast on

1 Like

Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen will commentate the Super Bowl for Fox in the US next month with the former having experience calling a Super Bowl with Charles Davis in the NFL Network’s World Feed broadcast outside the US.

2 Likes

His first and last last Superbowl for Fox with Tom Brady to join Burkhardt in the Fox ‘A’ team when he retires

2 Likes

Both Fox and CBS are displaying key game scores for games with playoff implications in the AFC.
Fox

CBS

5 Likes

Smart move.

1 Like

There’d be reasons why it’d be shown in a similar respect to the DRS timer in this year’s Big Bash.

They reduced the time permitted between wickets to 75 seconds from the usual 90 - but instead of timing the batter out, the bowler instead gets a free bowl at the unattended stumps on the next delivery (which counts as a valid dot ball if it misses, unless it’s a no-ball).

Yes, it’s just an attempt at engineered “excitement” as to be out “timed out” is not a good look for the game (IMO, not a great attempt). No, it’s not meant to be at full screen like that!

Oh yeah, I definitely know why it exists but just a mixing error to make it full screen for the international feed I suspect! Pretty funny.

The Big Bash international feeds seem to have a lot of occasional stuff like that.

2 Likes

They used it before in the 2021 season.