International Sports Presentation

Yeah, like I said, it has improved over the years from how we see it. Notably, the tackle count in the score bug used to be written (several years ago) how it’d be in French - being displayed as, eg. “1T” (for premier (1er) tacle in French) and so on. Sky then added their own graphics occasionally (after a try, for instance) for the English viewers.

(Example from a highlights package in season 2016: Catalans Dragons V Hull Kingston Rovers, 28.05.16 - YouTube)

They got closer to the Sky graphics in 2017-18-ish, and by now, as you see, it’s practically indistinguishable - but it’s certainly possible that Sky do the graphics remotely now for consistency across Super League.

For what it’s worth, beIN Sports are the host broadcaster for rugby à XIII in France but that doesn’t necessarily mean they produced it, nor would they be throwing any large sum of money at it given the dominance of rugby union in the country.

1 Like

Updated NBA scorebugs for this season
Root Sports (Trail Blazers)

NBC Sports RSNs (Bulls, 76ers, Celtics, Wizards, Warriors, Kings)

MSG Network (Knicks)

TNT (National)

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkKS99svQNM/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Features some clips of Star Sports India’s own T20 World Cup graphics.

3 Likes

Here, you can see various presentation elements for Virgin Media Sport in Ireland:

1 Like

Going to post this in here rather than clog up the Fox/Seven threads.

But thought some might be interested to see Sky NZ’s mixed presentation for the Big Bash.

So, each night Sky takes the Fox pre-game show (when there is a full build-up) and then hastily switches feeds to 7 (who must provide the world feed for their games) when the players are coming out to the middle or when there is a natural out in the Fox coverage.

Tonight, as it came off the test, there was only a five-minute pre-game, which Sky took and then they took the first ball from Fox before switching quickly to 7 when they possibly realised.

Sky then also took Fox at the innings break before switching back to 7 for the runchase.

This is a guess, but I’m assuming that 7 don’t supply much more internationally than a 2 minute pre-game and also aren’t supplying any innings break content on the world feed, hence why Sky has dipped into Fox - but Sky must be obliged to take the World Feed rather than the full Fox presentation (which I’m guessing they’d probably prefer)

4 Likes

Sky UK takes Fox in full. Sky NZ takes the Fox pre & post game while taking 7 for the game + player of the match (I think they show that). Other world feeds like super sport just takes 7’s broadcast of the game & I don’t think they have a pre or post game of anyone.

7 doesn’t provide world feed pre & post since they use their 7 mics during that & use the BBL mics when it is during the game + player of the match & shown in to the world feed.

They also have a small pause after that interview & a small summary before doing their post match. So I assume that’s when the world feed turn off

2 Likes

Interesting intel - thanks. No idea why Sky NZ doesn’t just take Fox in full then - maybe the player mic interviews is the only reason.

2 Likes

What is the big deal in having host broadcaster mics broadcast in other countries? Not like they are a competitor.

1 Like

ESPN’s College Football Playoff Bowl graphics

3 Likes

Tennis Channel’s coverage of the United Cup 2022/23

1 Like

Willow Cricket Xtra

2 Likes

World Fishing Network

2 Likes

These are just Watermarks, not the actual presentation

1 Like

It happened again at the loss of the second wicket and this time we got the full countdown.
Sky switched to Fox at the end before going back to 7 a short time later.

https://streamable.com/bfka2q

1 Like

I think the wicket timer is only for international broadcast since I haven’t seen it before on 7’s broadcast

1 Like
2 Likes

I’ve never seen it before tonight and it definitely wasn’t meant to be full screen - my best guess is maybe it’s provided for the third umpire and perhaps the commentators on an internal feed but it accidentally got sent out on the world feed?

2 Likes

7 having issues with their score bug for the 2nd innings today. They have a make shift ‘7cricket score’ on the top left corner.

I wonder if the international feeds have changed to the Fox broadcast or keeping 7’s ‘host feed’

1 Like

Sky NZ switched five overs in…they weren’t being supplied the makeshift score.

2 Likes