International Politics (non-USA)

Full Presidential address for your viewing pleasure everyone:
https://www.c-span.org/video/?432633-1/president-trump-says-blame-sides-violence-charlottesville

Jesus Christ, are you for real?

we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.

You had some very bad people in that group.

You had a group on one side that was bad.

All of those people ā€“ iā€™ve condemned neo-Nazis.

The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people, neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.

iā€™m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists. They should be condemned totally.

Now, where the morons get mixed up is that Trump also highlighted the fact the alt-left came in violently to smash the protest:

What about the alt left that came charging at, as you say, at the alt right? Do they have any assemblage of guilt? What about the fact that they came charging with clubs in their hands swinging clubs? Do they have any problem? I think they do. That was a horrible, horrible day.

You had a group on one side and the other and they came at each other with clubs and it was vicious and horrible.

I think there is blame object both on both sides. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group too.

If condemning TOTALLY one group is a ā€œfull blown defence of Nazismā€ then youā€™ve simply lost your brain matlock.

Trump also RIGHTLY pointed out that the only reason there was conflict is because far-left violent thugs turned up to smash the protestā€¦and any President worth his salt would condemn the violence too.

This is another example of the TOTAL disconnect between ordinary people that donā€™t have a voice in the media (or on social media like twitter), and far-left idiots that simply look to bash events into fitting a narrativeā€¦no matter how stupid and awkward.

I hate, hate, HATE the fact this MORONIC, stupid, baseless reporting of US politics by far-left idiots is influencing news, reporting and discussion in this country.

The United States is a sick, SICK country.

It is a public holiday here today and Iā€™ve just woken up from a night out, and am catching up with news. What is wrong with you?

His speech looked to equate neonazis with those who protested against them. The speech was pretty appalling.

Fox News is condemning his speech, so I dunno if thatā€™s accurate.

Trump goes off on Twitter rants the second thereā€™s a terror attack in Europe which involves Islam with no confirmation from authorities (he also went on about a terror attack in the Philippines which turned out to be a robbery), but waits two days to condemn Nazis in a domestic incident? Iā€™m not buying what youā€™re selling today sweetie.

Yeah, I think itā€™s your analysis I wonā€™t be buying today. Come back to me when you source information accurately and read, rather than repeating lazy far-left talking points.

Thanks for finally admitting that what you first caught up with from the ā€œnewsā€ was actually completely inaccurate then - do you want to tell us which site you read such that your impression was that there was a ā€œfull blown defence of Nazismā€?

Really? He equated them morally? Or did he refer to the white nationalists as ā€œbad peopleā€ and that the far-left thugs also came in ā€œviolentlyā€?

Your spin is the same as the NYT is runningā€¦ā€œTrump blames both sidesā€.

As in, what, we have to pretend that there wasnā€™t a group of people that came in to VIOLENTLY clash with others?

That because one group were white nationalistsā€¦means the other group DIDNā€™T INITIATE violence?!

What sort of stupid, stupid logic is thisā€¦

Of course mainstream news (yes, Fox is right wing and mainstream) has to stick to the same old repetitive cliches regarding ANYTHING REMOTELY to do with race involved in the US - to do so otherwise would probably see their presenters killed or something. As I said, the US is a sick country.

Oh my God - the ABC report just now:

ā€œYes, there were violent protesters from anarchist far-left groups but lots were peaceful protestersā€.

Thatā€™s EXACTLY WHAT TRUMP SAID ZOE DANIELS. Why not report that he simply made ACCURATE COMMENTS?

Argh! What a biased load of shit the ABC can be.

A five second glance at a NYT notification on my phone?

Seriously mate, take a break.

So, youā€™ve just said that the most ā€œauthoritativeā€ newspaper in the US, the New York Times, disseminated a notification falsely accusing the US President of giving a ā€œfull blown defence of Nazismā€ā€¦and you think thatā€™s not a point of major discussion for a media websiteā€¦?

They didnā€™t use the same words I did. I then looked at a few other headlines whilst still groggy. I know you must find this interesting, but pls.

Excusing away racism isnā€™t defensible. Even Jimmy Kimmel, who isnā€™t usually political, has shared his thoughts. His feelings basically sum up mine on the subject.

Aā€¦late night talk show host? Yeah, donā€™t even have to open that to know the gist of it, lol.

Look at the New York Times continuing to misrepresent the emphasis of Trumpā€™s remarks.

He didnā€™t equate neo-nazis with ā€œprotestors opposingā€. He referred to the VIOLENCE of some of those protestors.

Christ, left-wing media has become insanely dishonest. Do they think people are stupid?

It wasnā€™t simply a case of asking Trump, ā€œhey, Mr President, who do you hate, neo-Nazis or people that donā€™t like neo-Nazisā€.

He gave a LAYERED, MATURE response where he CONDEMNDED TOTALLY neo-Nazis that turned violent while ALSO acknowleding that far left groups had turned up to that protest to confront them in a violent fashion.

Itā€™s a pretty good summary of what a lot of people are thinking, and he even reaches out to Trump voters.

But why is he trying to draw an equivalence? The counterprotestors didnā€™t drive a car into other people, did they?

Trump also said there were good people at the fascist rally, which is false. Anyone ā€œgoodā€ at the rally wouldā€™ve left the second they heard the chants about Jews and realised these cunts were literal Nazis. Trump, and by extension yourself, are apologising for and trying to normalise fucked up people with fucked up beliefs, who overwhelmingly are the worser of the two groups.

Thereā€™s also the point that Trump often rushes to condemn any acts of violent terror perpetrated by Muslims without question. Why does Trump suddenly then have so much restraint (or ā€œmaturityā€, lol) when a Nazi does the literal exact same thing as those Islamic terrorists? Raising the tone of debate? Respectful to the victims? Wanting to know the facts? Fuck off, itā€™s painfully obvious heā€™s sympathetic to white nationalists and he should be condemned and impeached for that alone.

If you supported Trump, stop. Everyone takes a gamble or makes a mistake at some stage by supporting or believing in someone or something which turns out to be underwhelming. Trump promised a lot (draining the swamp and restoring law and order), which sound nice but ended up being empty populist rhetoric mixed with real harm to democratic norms. Thereā€™s no harm in admitting Trump was a mistake (even privately) and I wonā€™t think lesser of any former Trump supporter if they see the light and admit it.

1 Like

Argh he is not drawing an equivalence, he is simply saying the only reason there was a confrontation in the first place is because far-left thugs decided to crash the neo-Nazi gathering/protest with violence!

First up, literal Nazis existed in Germany in the 1930s. This stupid fantasy far-left idiots have that Nazis are walking around in the US and the streets are an actual warzone where those Nazis need to be punched, threatened or killed is INSANE.

If someoneā€™s actions are judged to be an OFFENCE under the LAW then it is for POLICE to place people under the arrest. This whacky shit where Antifa and the far-left think they are a law enforcement agency is just crazy. Why you, a young child from Australia, think the same, is beyond me. Too much radicalisation from far-left American websites, I think.

Secondly, I think he was merely pointing to the fact (and Iā€™m not sure on the details of the demonstration itself) that individuals were also there protesting the removal of a historical statue.

On this point more widely, it is quite concerning that memorials to men and women that died in war (no matter which side!) are being removed (see Baltimore) and that period scrubbed from public view in the US. And yes, I say that as someone that would also raise concerns about the ridiculous, violent removal of statues of far-left individuals in former Soviet states, for example. They have immense historical valueā€¦and not to mention, some of the statues removed in recent days have simply been MEMORIALS FOR THE DEAD.

Hey, matlock. It doesnā€™t matter if the neo-nazis are TEN GAJILLION BILLION TIMES WORSE HUMAN BEINGS than the far-left thugs, right? The initiation of VIOLENCE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. That is what Trump was saying. Jesus Christ, a five year old understands this.

Further, youā€™re simply an outrageous troll for saying, yet again, that Trump (and myself?!) are apologising for and normalising neo-nazis when I literally have quoted Trump saying he condemnded them totally.

Because ITā€™S NOT THE LITERAL EXACT SAME THING. THAT IS LIKE SAYING A MAN PURPOSELY DRIVING HIS CAR INTO HIS NEIGHBOUR ON THE STREET AFTER AN ARGUMENT IS ALSO TERRORISM. JUST BECAUSE A CAR HIT SOMEONE DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE THE SAME THING. Capitals so you get the hint even after I have explained this earlier. There was a heated, violent clash between two opposing groupsā€¦one decided to take the fight ridiculously far and hit someone with his car. THIS IS NOT TERRORISM AS NORMAL PEOPLE SEE IT. IT IS AKIN TO DESCRIBING THE DEATH OF A GANG MEMBER AFTER A CLASH, OR THE DEATH OF A MEMBER OF TWO OPPOSING GROUPS OF LOUTS IN A STREET FIGHT, AS TERRORISM.

I donā€™t support Trump. I simply despise the way the far-left has taken over vital institutions in the US, UK and Australia, like the pressā€¦and Trump is the most high profile and effective person at calling it out.

In this case, his summary is absolutely spot on.

What you and far-left individuals need to understand is Trump is not another robotron US President. The type that weā€™ve all known for decades; the type that mouths some scripted, corny statement about whatever. Americans have voted for individuals like this for years because Americans have always spoken in cliches and platitudes. However, times change and people now want AUTHENTICITY. Iā€™m sorry, but your expectations of politicians are now very dated. No one normal wants Trump to say something artificial and inauthentic when we can clearly see one group of trouble making idiots decided to violently clash with neo-nazis.

Trouble for Trump is that the far-left media has been waiting to POUNCE on anything RACE-RELATED to bash him with, to fit their narrative, no matter how FACTUAL and ACCURATE his comments are.

Sure he did, which is why a former Grand Wizard of the KKK thanked Trump personally, and why several far right blogs mentioned how Trump ā€œwas on their sideā€ after his three (thus far) press conferences on the matter.

I think accusing someone of being a troll for respectfully putting forward their thoughts is a bit extreme. Why the aggression, I wonder? :thinking:

Watch the footage of the terror attack again dude. The counterprotesters were clearly nowhere near the neonazis when the Nazi drove into them. This wasnā€™t an act of terror done in the heat of battle - the fuckwit walked away, got in his car, turned on the ignition, and then drove a fair distance to ram into people. He had time to think about what he was doing. Heā€™s scum, and by no means a victim.

The mental gymnastics you and other Trump supporters are conducting to minimise this is ridiculous.

No Iā€™m accusing you of being a troll for disrespectfully saying Trump, and myself, are apologists for neo-Nazis when I have said and pointed to statements showing the exact opposite. Youā€™re trolling yet again by distorting what I accused you of being a troll for. Iā€™m not an idiot.

Well, gee, would this be because Trump simply accurately described the situation, rather than running with the far-left hide-the-complete-reality narrative?

Sure. Just like in all the examples I gave you an individual has to walk away, get in his car, turn on the ignition and ram people (or pick up a bottle or knife or stake and stab someone). None of which are terrorism.

Erā€¦I donā€™t think anyone is disputing the fact that individual is complete scumā€¦why are you intimating that I think heā€™s a victimā€¦?