International News

What a legend

1 Like

There’s a general election happening in Canada’s largest province, Ontario, and all the major networks are doing rolling coverage of the election results. Here are the live stream links for their election night programmes:

CTV Ontario network/CP24 - https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/live-coverage-reporting-of-ontario-election-results-delayed-by-up-to-two-hours-in-19-ridings-1.5929814

Citytv Toronto - CityNews

Global TV Ontario network

CBC Ontario network

CHCH Hamilton

TV Ontario (provincial educational broadcaster)

Radio-Canada Ontario (French-language)

2 Likes

A montage of election night in Ontario, Canada

4 Likes

Off topic but what a crappy electoral system that produces outcomes like this

2 Likes

That’s first past the post for you. For as much as some people don’t like our system, it produces much better results than this.

4 Likes

Even worse that Trudeau vowed to dump it when he was first elected, only to reneg for no good reason.

5 Likes

FPTP as used in Canada and the UK is flawed. Australia’s system of IRV is the best system

1 Like

Stumbled across this on you tube
 I think this is what happens when someone who’s never seen a TV news bulletin before decides to make a TV news bulletin
 quite bizzare.

1 Like

I’ve actually been following this, you should have checked out their debut.

1 Like

Couldn’t be further from the truth.

Austin Reed (News Presenter and Director) has had to create this with almost zero budget, almost zero resources and almost zero help.

If you watch the video, you’ll see me as the news’ Chief International Correspondent, I offered to help him pro bono so he could build up more original content and stand out against the competition.

And we’re doing well in the ratings now, beating CBS at 8pm!

Austin and I have been working hard on expanding, though my time with MyTV 53 News is of course coming to an end as I’m heading to 7 Spencer Gulf News.

11 Likes

Jesus they’ve stepped up a touch, but still. Should have got local students to make it.

1 Like

I mean you got to work with what you got, I can see that Austin is listening to feedback as you can see in the comments from the debut video I posted. Obviously it wouldn’t stand up to a slicker flagship bulletin in the major markets but I can see the effort being put in.

As @DJPizarro has said it is beating a CBS affiliated station with the resources of their Nexstar Media affiliates. You have to start somewhere.

1 Like

Bit hard when most students are away for summer. But Austin has been in contact with the various universities

If you can be a volunteer from half a world away I am sure some local students would be just as eager.

Anyway, it’s certainly 
different

ABC 7 Chicago

2 Likes

A compilation of current news opens from Croatia:

1 Like

CTV in Canada has announced that they have fired their chief news anchor, Lisa LaFlamme. Here is how the 3 national evening TV newscasts covered her firing, with CTV not surprisingly sugar coating the news.

Full story:

3 Likes

An unexpected departure after 35 years

1 Like

While we are talking about CTV, thought I would share some of the local news openers from CTV I recorded from the CTV News website.
CTV News at 5 Vancouver

CTV Morning Live Edmonton

CTV Morning Live Ottawa

CTV Morning Live Vancouver

CTV News at 6:30 Toronto

1 Like

The morning news on BFM TV in France with a new set:

1 Like