International News

ELXN21. Eep. That’s trying a little too hard to make it cool.

Love a good FPV drone sequence. Thanks, CBC.

Moving south of the border, a historical compilation of news opens used by ABC’s World News Tonight (and its predecessors) through the years:

2 Likes

The launch edition of NewsNation’s Morning in America:

3 Likes

Newsy, an American news channel has relaunched, it used to be an streaming network which has shifted to a more normal broadcasting method. It used to be millennial focused with short sharp segments, now it follows a more regular format. Natalie Allen who used to be with CNN International is one of the new anchors.
Here is some of the new look.

5 Likes

From Canada, the CBC’s coverage of the election in Nunavut (in English and Inuktitut):

3 Likes

The newly launched Fox Weather in the U.S.:

1 Like
2 Likes

Salut Bonjour on Canada’s TVA has a new look:

1 Like

From 2019, the launch edition of The Nine on BBC Scotland:

3 Likes

The new, hour-long 5 News in the UK:

8 Likes

Social media promo.

Refreshed studio.

Some cross promotion during Jeremy Vine.

5 Likes

Does she say treble 5?

“Treble” is a perfectly common word in the UK.

2 Likes

Oh I know but I think triple would be the one you’d use here?

Archaic preference of the verb form where treble is when one amalgam becomes 3x of what it was versus triple meaning three instances of a particular unit. So says someone on the InternetTM

Language is plastic.

At least American English makes everything easier by not using “treble” at all. :wink:

Really scraping the barrel, but I have a contribution to make. You can read more about it in the description.

I don’t believe Australia has a newsradio wheel (i.e. continuous news blocks with Traffic on the 1’s and business at :08 and :38, etc.) format in place at any station, huh?

EDIT: Here’s when CFTR Toronto flipped from 680 News to CityNews 680 (new theming came in months prior).

4 Likes

How much traffic is there to report at 12am?? haha