International News

WMAQ Chicago is the first NBC O&O station to roll out the next-gen ‘Look S’ graphic package from their group design hub, NBC ArtWorks.

2 Likes

Newsroom from JTBC in South Korea:

I mean it’s all very nice. High quality stuff. But it always looks 2-4 years out Of date. It’s never innovative - always the same.

Probably because it’s in house

I see far more cutting edge stuff in Europe

And a teaser for the new set and design:

EDIT:

Here’s the first edition of Heute with the new look:

And here’s Heute Journal:

This is really impressive – an Associated Press correspondent reporting in six different languages for the AP’s various client broadcasters:

6 Likes

From Germany, here’s the launch edition of RTL Direkt, RTL’s brand-new late newscast:

Meanwhile, RTL’s new afternoon newscast has been coming from a temporary set ahead of an across-the-board redesign that’s scheduled to premiere in a few weeks:

3 Likes

Wow, German news that isn’t broadcast from an insane green screen spaceship.

2 Likes

A compilation of current news opens from Moldova:

1 Like

In the U.S., NewsNation Prime has a refreshed open:

When I first saw HBO’s new series mentioned, I thought it was a mockumentary. But it is a six part documentary about a small Nevada news station.

A review

The station (check out the 10 virtual digital secondary stations )

3 Likes

Télématin, the morning show on France 2, has a new look:

3 Likes

Another station from Hawaii has refreshed its look:

3 Likes

Full editions of Le 6h00 Info & Télématin on France 2:

2 Likes

Various news promos from one of the most innovative local stations in the U.S., KUSA in Denver:

6 Likes

In France, the morning news block on TF1’s news channel LCI has a new name and a new look:

And here’s the channel’s refreshed 9 a.m.-to-noon news block:

2 Likes

And the noon news:

1 Like

Raining cats and at least dogs?

4 Likes

Live coverage of Canada’s general election from CBC News:

1 Like

As mentioned by WWUpdate above, we just had a Federal Election in Canada. Here is a montage of the intros and election calls from most of the major English and French networks, plus CHCH-TV Hamilton and CHEK-TV Victoria.

4 Likes